1313 Akhand Path Sahibs For Sarbat Da Palah!

Brother,

There was no nindhaya in my post, and you may have taken unecessary offense to my words.  I was not trying to malign anyone or anyones efforts.  I was merely trying to highlight how in todays world we have turned the akhand path in to a mere 48 hr verbal recitation of gurbani with little followup discussion of its meanings or implementation of its instructions.

I have nothing against anyone wanting to do an akhand paath or for that matter 100 akhand paaths.  But if one wants to fully benefit from the gurbani being read they have to understand what is being read and then have a desire to follow it.

As i stated earlier, if the akhand paaths are followed by katha and discussion of the meanings of gurbani with equal enthusiasm by the organizers then i see nothing wrong with it.

Only time will tell how many hours are spent in katha of the gurbani following the hundred of hours of reading of gurbani.  Hopefully it is tenfold more cuz in todays society there is much more need for us to understand gurbani rather than merely listen to it.

147057[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waehguru Ji Ki Fateh

I guess everybody has there opinion right brother.

With regards to the Akhand Path thing being turned into a 48 verbal recitation, you may be correct many people do have Akhand Path Sahib Ji's carried out without Katha and Kirtan to follow up.

But rest assured the programme at Gurdwara Sachkhand Isher Darbar Pehowa is being carried out 100% under Guru Sahib Ji's blessing. The entire 22 day programme will be followed up by an enormous programme with Katha and Kirtan.

Furthermore a Nagar Kirtan the next morning, in which the build up to encourage Sikhs to Join Guru Ji's almighty Khalsa Panth, will be one of 12 each year (one each month, encouraging people of approx 20 villages at a time to join the Khalsa Panth) will be carried out.

In 2008 we as Sikhs across the World will celebrate Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's 300 Years. Up untill that time Sant Baba Mann Singh Ji is arranging for 1 Enormous Nagar Kirtan to be carried out each month, with the programme to include a Sant Smagam so that via Katha and Kirtan, Sikhs across the World can be aware why the year 2008 will be so meaningful and the increased need for us all as Sikhs to join Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Panth and take Beloved Khande Batteh Da Amrit.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

Thanks for your post Veer Karkoo4life Ji, May Guru Ji Bless us All,

SARBAT DA PALLAH.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waehguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyario - I've often wandered about the benefits of doing such multiple Akhand Paaths, etc. But I just thought I will share my experience when I was asked to do a duty in such an event. This not pro or anti, just my experience.

There were 3 Akhand Paaths happening, and all Paathis were doing Paath together, including me. I felt greater spiritual energy in the environment whilst being involved in such Paath. May be this might just have been a feeling for me - but I definitely felt this quite strongly.

Thinking back as to why it was, perhaps it might be similar to the feeling of when GurSikhs come together to do Naam Abhiyaas. The more Sikhs there are who do Abhiyaas in Sangat with full devotion, the better. Similarly, when there are more people singing to Keertan in sangat, the better. Therefore, the more Sikhs that do Paath with Shardha together, the greater feeling amongst the Paathis, as the resonance of Gurbani and Naam is stronger - I hope you understand where I'm coming from, as this is the only explanation I have for myself when being involved in such an Akhand Paath LaRee.

Having said this, the Paath should be done with full devotion, and not just for hype purposes. Further, in such a program, even if there are not so many people listening, I think that the Paathis doing such Paath would gain from the Laaha of doing Paath duties. As ms514 - even if this event changes the life of even one person, it's all worth it!!!

But Sehaj Paaths are definitely very important - every Sikh should see this as a duty to do as well.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I have just been on www.theworldofgurunanak.com and seen the pictures of such amazing sewa for the entire world. 1313 Sri Akhand Path Sahibs for Sarbat da Pulla.

Sant Baba Mann Singh asks solely for the duniya da pallah in the Arambh Ardaas.

It has to be said regardless of anything that this Sewa surely is one of great scope and intensity. All respect to the Sewadars and Sant Baba Mann Singh Jee at Gurdwara Sachkhand Isher Darbar in Pehowa.

I hope such people contiune in carrying out great Sewa for us all as an undivided Panth of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj Ji.

I also saw the Des Pardes this week, Sant Baba Mann Singh was on the front page for donating a total of 28 Lakhs to the families of Shaheed Singhs during the programme at Sri Fatehgarh Sahib Ji. All Shaheed families were also honoured.

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru.

May Guru Maharaj Ji Keep us all and as Panth in Chardi Kala.

Sarbat Da Pulla

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I have just been on www.theworldofgurunanak.com and seen the pictures of such amazing sewa for the entire world. 1313 Sri Akhand Path Sahibs for Sarbat da Pulla.

Sant Baba Mann Singh asks solely for the duniya da pallah in the Arambh Ardaas.

It has to be said regardless of anything that this Sewa surely is one of great scope and intensity. All respect to the Sewadars and Sant Baba Mann Singh Jee at Gurdwara Sachkhand Isher Darbar in Pehowa.

I hope such people contiune in carrying out great Sewa for us all as an undivided Panth of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj Ji.

I also saw the Des Pardes this week, Sant Baba Mann Singh was on the front page for donating a total of 28 Lakhs to the families of Shaheed Singhs during the programme at Sri Fatehgarh Sahib Ji. All Shaheed families were also honoured.

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru.

May Guru Maharaj Ji Keep us all and as Panth in Chardi Kala.

Sarbat Da Pulla

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

147163[/snapback]

Yeh, I also saw that on front page of 'Des Pardes' and Baba Jee giving 28 Lakh Rupees to families of Shaheed Singhs!

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

I just have one thing to add, and apologies in advance to all those i may offend...

but for those saying "all those saroops look so wkd..." i find that a bit strange to be honest. Man, Maharaj always looks wicked when there is only one saroop. :) Its a strange old world... people comment when theres "lines" of saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee in a photo... but no one really talks about it when there is only one saroop. Its quality, not quantity. Its nothing MORE special with there being lines of saroops in a Gurdwara. Its JUST as special. The teachings are same within all. Quality not quantity.

Forgive my mistakes ...

Veer Nama Singh Ji your correct, the teachings of Guru Sahib Ji are Special regardless.

I guess the amazing thing is the Sewa the Gurdwara Sahib Ji are doing for Sarbat Da Pullah.

Thanks anyway,

The Sewa surely is being carried out with Guru Sahib Ji's Kirpa only.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

you are absolutely correct BUT bro thing is imagine a room full of Guru Ji's pictures and every wall has their pic....it looks so beautiful and perhaps even more cos everywhere u look there is Guru Ji in one form.

but ur right though