Ladki Panjaban:(Movie showing SikhGirl-MuslimBoy)

harji_16m

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru Roop Sadhsangat Ji,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

We are all upset about his movie. However, there is one thing that we cannot deny and that is that this movie shows the REALITY. Our girls DO run away with muslims, drink and smoke, and lose their virginity to them. People, it is our fault that they made this kind of movie. They just showed exactly what is happening in society today. What's so wrong about it? The fault is in us, not in them. We are the reason behing the making of this movie. These so called sikh girls run away with them and do all kind of dirty stuff and bring shame on our community, is our fault, not their. We are dirty, not them. They are doing exactly what they are taught. Have we ever done what we are taught?

We could never teach our girls and bring them close to sikhi, and now we are blaming muslims. We are making joke of ourselves. We are no better than jokers. We have made ourselves a laughing stock in public. We have forgotton all about our glorious history and the character of our ancestors. We don't know anything, what can we teach our kids?

No matter what Islam is, good or bad, but there is one fact that the muslims teach their kids about Islam from a very young age. No matter what they teach, but the fact is they DO teach. What do we do: munda jammey te sharab di botal khol layee, te kuri jammi te ro liya.

If our girls knew who they are and what their faith is, they would NEVER even think of doing this kind of dirty stuff with anyone. Then there won't be any such movie called 'Ladki Punjaban'. The fault is in us. We should thank them for showing us the FACTS. If we still do not learn from

these facts, we have no right to blame muslims. period.

bhul chuk di khima,

Jaswant (Singh)

JSingh, Very true :WW: :@

WHY Don'T SIKH TEACH thier kids about SIKHI :@ ?

Sikhs have lost faith :@

AS someone made naoytherr post

Sikhs have not YET LOST, but we ARE on the way of losing :@

VEry nice, and true but sad post :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

JSingh you are so right, I think the fault is the parents that don't want to teach they kids about Sikhi. I know some one who use to have a turban and when he was about 15/16 he got a hair cut. When we asked the parents why did you allow him to cut he's hair and the answer we got was

"The job that he wants to get he is unable to get because he has a Turban you need short hair for that job"

I through what the <admin-profanity filter activated> is she talking about, I have been working at good companies for a few years now, started talking to the guy and he wanted to work in IT, doing the same thing as me. I had problems being a Singh all my life but it does not stop some one from working but it makes some one so much stronger being a GurSikh.

The fault comes down to the parents, I hope this will change

• 2 months later...
anyone saw this movie?? is it already released or they went bankrupt before releasing it :)

When ever there is a movie against sikhi, i dont watch it, why? because the producers make this kind of movies just to make money and for their own selfishness. Why should i give them a hard earned penny of mine.

Conterversial movies are just another way of making quick money, with free publicty and gaining a new target audience.

How many sikhs watch Pakistani movies? not many but if u add something about the sikhs in the flim then a lot of them will watch it.

I would request the sangat not to give money to these ppl so they can make more movies like this.

Gur Fateh!

The issue is a little more than just the parents, however I totally agree, unlike Muslim Parents, even so-called 'moderate' muslims, who teach their children to recite Namaaz from any earlier (a form of Santiya if you will), this is not the case with many Sikh parents.

Instead, we see more emphasis placed on getting good grades so one can say "My son is a DACter" or "my Daughter works in Law"...(even though, once married, she'll be told she can't work the hours of a lawyer or doctor becuase "it doesn't look nice for the girl to out all day!")...I recall recently being at a conference with many Young Muslim couples, the majority of the ladies were from Pakistan and appeared to be far from any die-hard religious look (i.e. no Scarf, western clothes, make-up...)...nonetheless, they all recited their Namaaz regularly and were teaching their children the same, some as young as 5 or 6...

However, let's look beyond the Parents for a moment. I saw many young impressionable girls being lured by Muslim boys during my undergraduate years. In some instances it was simply ignorance of one own's faith (in one case, a girl didn't even know the names of the gurus and referred to the Sri Guru Granth Sahib as "you know that Book we have...."). The majority of these girls were from essentially non-Sardar families, their only exposure to Keshdharis was either an old dying Baba in India or the local Granthi at the Gurdwara, the latter more so...which, didn't leave too great an impression of Sardars.

That much said, there were many Sikhs from what one could describe as Kattr-Sikh families, in some instances even wearing keskis,

who would openly flirt and venture off with Muslim guys. Some of girls were in fact very intelligent and self-confident, it was this group that surprised me the most with their actions.

For the record, I am not trying to judge any individual, group or religion or condone this behaviour, however taking a step back and looking at this, it was very notable that in the majority of cases, whether the girls were aware of Sikhi (i.e. Amritdhari, adorned with Keski or simply from Sardar families) or not (as already discussed), the issue was clearly with Sikh Males.

Allow me to expand, it became clear that these girls, witnessing the oppression of their mothers and sisters at home (both within Amritdhari and non-Amritdhari households, some even described graphic scenes of violence hurled at their mothers by their fathers in front of other family members), seeing two extreme types of Sih males (i.e. either clean shaven, drinker/smoker or kattr-panthi Sardars, both with no appreciation of feminity), simply opted out...

...of course, we all know the results of doing so, and the cruel fate that awaits them, and again, in no way am I condoning this reaction on part of these girls, at the same time, I do feel Sikh Men need to take a good look at themselves for their role in this occurance...

...the typical scenario I recall from my Uni years, was the Sikh Girl from not-so-educated family, with the extreme male role models as described above being her only expereince of Sardars and also of clean shaven "Sikh" Men, coming to University, certain that the Sikh boys will be more mature here, after being led and left behind by a string of clean shaven boys, she looks to the Sardar, who given her previous negative sentiments towards Sardars, do not care to hear her story...and BOOM! Along comes the Milpuri Muslim, ready to wine and dine, so to speak and 'pick up the broken pieces' of her heart...and there we have it...another potential addition to the many girls lured by false charms and sold as

prostitutes in the Bazaars of Pakistan...

Apologies if any of the foregoing offends anyone's sentiments, I simply wished to express my experiences of such events...

Gur Fateh!

yeah i agree with niranjana, sikh guys when they see a sikh girl will ignore her and along comes the muslim stud with no worries and approaches the girl and strikes up a conversation....well actually i am using the word sikh loosely becuase like niranjana said a lot of these "sikh" girls do not know anything about sikhi..a lot of punjabi culture plays a role as well.....a lot of punjabi sikh view sikhi as a punjabi thing, if your punjabi you go to a gurdwara, like in america even most hindu punjabis attend gurdwara and wear karas becuase it is seen as a punjabi thing, many punjabis do not take the time to consider the spiritual significance of sikhi, many punjabi familes fulfill their sikh duties by hanging a pictures of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji in their living rooms and in a couple other rooms, and chalo ji they are hardcore sikh, but then they have thier wild family parties with the johnny walker whiskey and rum.....as sikh males we need to approach our sikh sisters in our unis and colleges becuase we need to have a strong sense of community, muslims stick together all the time no matter where they are from, middle east or india, sikhs or punjabis, walk the other way when they see another fellow sikh or punjabi, i remember when i was in uni, i made sure to sat fateh to every sardar and sikh i saw, even if i diidn't know them, howver i knew many people who just ignored each other, i think some sikh males, the "hard-core" ones take sikhi in a odd way and think if they are seen talking to a girl they are committing some god-forbidden sin, KAAM KAAM KAAM, WELL MY ADVICE IS TO HAVE SOME COURAGE AND NEXT TIME YOU SEE A FELLOW PUNJABAN, OR SIKH GIRL SAY HI!

OR ELSE WE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT THIS "MUSALMAAN MERI KUDI KAD KI LAY GIYA...." STUFF 4-EVER.