Opinion On Wearing A Kara

singh2k

I met a person who did not keep their dhara sahib but had a kara and turban. He said one thing to me. He said he respected Sikhism even though he could not follow it properly and his philosophy was don't do any harm to it. So by all means wear kara etc but make sure you don't use that to give bad impression etc...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow alot of hypocrited on this forum..

alot of people go on like no you shouldnt wear a kara if your not fully a proper sikh, yet your the same ones who go on about muslims taking away apparant 'sikh' girls..

question i pose to you is, if your not a 'practising' sikh and you cant be classed as a sikh if you only wear a kara, why do you lot consider these girls 'sikhs' when associating them with getting influenced by muslims boys??

If you don't have you kesh then you have no right to wear a kara.

Next these people are going to start to wear a kirpan.

So many people wear a Kara and mislead people like the 'Kaur 2 Khan' group where many sikh girls assumed the boy was sikh because he had a kara on which led to them being converted.

If you don't have you kesh then you have no right to wear a kara.

Next these people are going to start to wear a kirpan.

So many people wear a Kara and mislead people like the 'Kaur 2 Khan' group where many sikh girls assumed the boy was sikh because he had a kara on which led to them being converted.

That is a minority. Most Muslims would not wear a kara because of what it symbolises.

Anyway. That picture you have in your avtar, it was painted by a mona. I guess he doesn't have the right to paint that either, going by your logic.

What about about kesh wearing drinking, kebabing Sikhs (there are many!), are they allowed to wear a kara?

If a person is wearing a Kara out of respect for Sikhi then I see no harm in it hopefully this respect for Sikhi would lead to self respect. But if they have no self respect and are just doing it out of mere custom like those people who place Khandas in their car and listen to Bhangara then that just plain shameful.

Thus people wearing Karas should not be smoking, drinking, or doing anything else shameful.

alot of people go on like no you shouldnt wear a kara if your not fully a proper sikh, yet your the same ones who go on about muslims taking away apparant 'sikh' girls..

question i pose to you is, if your not a 'practising' sikh and you cant be classed as a sikh if you only wear a kara, why do you lot consider these girls 'sikhs' when associating them with getting influenced by muslims boys??

I'm not directing this comment at 20legend..but....

People need to stop calling these girls 'stupid' 'dumb' 'not sikh' 'despicable' etc....

I'm not directing this comment at 20legend..but....

People need to stop calling these girls 'stupid' 'dumb' 'not sikh' 'despicable' etc....

your comment cant be directed at me because what im saying the same point your making about sikhs and karas you should make about sikh girls and muslims, because unless you have taken amrit you cant be a sikh thus the girls that everyone seems to refer to are not actually sikh are they???? unless the muslims are converting singhnia these days...

you know what, noone can even reply to me on this forum, so much for it being the voice of sikh youth, this place just seems to go on about whats wrong with everyone else rather than the problems that the sikh youth have in general today, all i see is promotions for different events such as chaupi sahib paath, why dont you do an event on how to be a normal amrit shakiya person cause its evident people cant even get that right, let alone anything else.