Breaking News: Sikhs Clash With Dera Sucha Sauda Followers In Punjab, 12 Injured

harjinder

Why do our brothers always create their own issues. We should try and support the Sikhs in Hindustan as best as possible. They have taken the route to protest so we must respect that.

We wont always agree with decisions of everyone but until we stop trying to bring up own personal agendas into every issue we wont get anywhere.

I think everyone should do ardaas and extra paath for the Panth.

Naamdharis are another issue..so lets start a seperate thread on that and talk about how to tackle them.

u r right in that we cant always agree with decsions, but i dont think a difference in opinions always means there is a sinister personal agenda. this issue has esclated to something which effects us all. we should sometimes look at how situations came about and compare them to other live situations before we react. there is always an aftermath to all situations and we should always be ready for that, if someone assinates this saadh tommorrow, then be ready to explain how he was different from the many others who still openly attack or offend the sikh dharam. explain what isolated this saadh over the naamdhari guru or ashutosh or whichever living pakhandi guru .

and yes we should all carry out our ardas for the chardi kala of the panth, just as we do every day of our lives!

If someone assinates this 'saadh' tommorrow who will have to explain what to who?

You have lost me now. This isnt the shares market where we have to explain our decisions to investors.

Will the Sikh Panth have to explain to YOU my veer why they decided to do xy and z? Is it an explanation for the Hindustan government? Or are you talking about the explanation to Guru Ji? Guru Ji already knows our explanations. Guru Ji knows that we are weak and empty.

I think we should start another thread on this: Do you think naamdhari guju is an issue? Is Achutosh an isue?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WITH the CBI expected to file its investigation report in criminal cases registered against Sirsa-based Dera Sacha Sauda in the Punjab and Haryana High Court on April 16, some Congress leaders from Punjab are reportedly mounting pressure on the Central leadership to bail out the accused.

Sources said some MLAs, accompanied by CLP leader Rajinder Kaur Bhattal, have sought the intervention of party president Sonia Gandhi.

The move, dubbed as gratitude towards the dera for its support to the Congress during the assembly elections, could become a major cause of embarrassment for the party. Some dera supporters had set up its Political Affairs Wing (PAW) during the elections and declared that nearly 6.1 lakh voters affiliated to it in Malwa, besides about 60,000 in other parts of the state, would vote for the Congress.

Notably, followers of the dera, called 'premis', have a strong presence in the Malwa region. The dera jumped into the fray to mobilise supporters in favour of the Congress candidate from Bathinda, Harminder Singh Jassi, whose daughter is married to son of dera head Sant Gurmit Ram Rahim Singh.

The dera head is facing a CBI inquiry into the murder of a follower who had gone public on alleged sexual harassment of dera women. The probe was initiated after the Punjab and Haryana High Court ordered the CBI to look into the charges of sexual harassment of women inmates by the dera head and murders of complainant, Ranjit Singh, and a journalist, Ram Chander Chhatrapati.

Some women dera inmates had reportedly written an anonymous letter, levelling allegations of sexual harassment against its head, to several newspapers, including 'Poora Sach' of Chhatrapati, which carried reports based on the letter.

History-sheet

Set up in Sirsa in April 1948 by Beparwah Shah Mastana Balochistani as the centre of spiritual learning, Dera Sacha Sauda welcomed people from all walks of life without any discrimination based on caste, culture or religion. The successor of Shah Mastana, Shah Satnam Singh, took over in 1960 and followed the tenets of his predecessor. On September 23, 1990, Shah Satnam held a huge satsang, where he announced his successor, Sant Gurmit Ram Rahim Singh. Parents of Sant Gurmit Ram Rahim, who was born on August 15, 1967, at Gurusar Modia village in Sri Ganganagar district, were followers of the dera. Possessing nearly 700-acre land in Sirsa, the dera has agricultural land, a revolving restaurant, biscuit factory, supermarket and an ice plant.

Sources said the main source of their income was agriculture. The dera also runs a charitable co-educational school, a 175-bed hospital at Gurusar Modia and holds relief camps during natural calamities. The dera claims to have started rehabilitation work for tribals in Chhattisgarh. Sources in the dera claim that it had the following of about 1.7 crore people in the USA, Canada, Italy, Middle East, New Zealand and UK among other countries.

no matter there are differences in singhs on political issues but its good to see all panth together when threat to sikhism is from out side

raj karega khalsa

no truer words than that

i just been watching star news and singhs have been shouting..

Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale Zindabad

Sukdev Singh Babbar Zindabad

also Khalistan Zindabad

They are kinda going crazy down their

Why do our brothers always create their own issues. We should try and support the Sikhs in Hindustan as best as possible. They have taken the route to protest so we must respect that.

We wont always agree with decisions of everyone but until we stop trying to bring up own personal agendas into every issue we wont get anywhere.

I think everyone should do ardaas and extra paath for the Panth.

Naamdharis are another issue..so lets start a seperate thread on that and talk about how to tackle them.

u r right in that we cant always agree with decsions, but i dont think a difference in opinions always means there is a sinister personal agenda. this issue has esclated to something which effects us all. we should sometimes look at how situations came about and compare them to other live situations before we react. there is always an aftermath to all situations and we should always be ready for that, if someone assinates this saadh tommorrow, then be ready to explain how he was different from the many others who still openly attack or offend the sikh dharam. explain what isolated this saadh over the naamdhari guru or ashutosh or whichever living pakhandi guru .

and yes we should all carry out our ardas for the chardi kala of the panth, just as we do every day of our lives!

If someone assinates this 'saadh' tommorrow who will have to explain what to who?

You have lost me now. This isnt the shares market where we have to explain our decisions to investors.

Will the Sikh Panth have to explain to YOU my veer why they decided to do xy and z? Is it an explanation for the Hindustan government? Or are you talking about the explanation to Guru Ji? Guru Ji already knows our explanations. Guru Ji knows that we are weak and empty.

I think we should start another thread on this: Do you think naamdhari guju is an issue? Is Achutosh an isue?

ok, maybe you guys know better, i have my weaknesses which maybe dont show me what u see.

yep. all these groups and saadhs who openly offend the sikh dharam by claiming guruship or attemp to undermine our Gurus can be a problem, but only as big as you make it. i mean one fat guy dresses up in in a camp outfit, puts super size mock bata in front of him, gets a picture taken, puts it in the papers and we automatically see him as a threat to Guru Gobind Singh. why is it that easy? are we really that insecure about our dharam that we give high level big up prominance to a fat saadh dressed in pink and we start a massive campaign against him? i dont see it and i can only apologise for having a different opinion.

Guest Hardeep_S_Khalsa

Singh are even shouting Khalistan Zindabad,

BABBAR KHALSA ZINDABAD

EVEN SLOGANS OF GREAT SHAHEED SINGHS WERE HEARD INCLUDING: BHAI SUKHDEV SINGH, BHAI DILAVAL SINGH AND SANT JARNAIL SINGH BHINDERAWALA!!