Not Being A Virgin

Guest Koncerned Kaur

Guest baba amarjeet singh

you said both of you want to become amritdhari one day

i suggest this is before your marriage as an anand kaaraj is only complete with the blessings of maharaaj when two amritdhari gursikh wish to get married

and also, you never know when your life will come to an end

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Guru sahib is bakshanhar, and as this is a sikh forum, gurmat should be discussed. phenji i would advise that you take amrit as soon as possible. 1 becasue it is the purpose of life, to worship vaheguru, and 2 because guru sahib will forgive u for ur sins and u will be reborn. as a reborn you will be like a child, pure and innocent, there will be no sin within you as guru sahib will have accepted you as his daughter.

at this stage and past sins activities are worthless and pointless in remembering. gurbani recognises that we make mistakes, and asks vaheguru to forgive the past and to guide us in the future.

for the people making a big deal of someones mistake, a few words to you. firstly be careful with your words, we can all fall and nobody knows whats around the corner. secondly you make big deal of the fact that she 'lost' her virginity. but why? if by virginity you mean purity and innocence, well by taking amrit she becomes pure and innocent. if you mean physically .. well the body purifies itself and the gursikh is concerned with the purity of the soul more than the body which is just a clay shell.

if you say she has had relations outside of marriage then she cant/shouldnt marry a singh or someone who hasnt then answer the following ...

could/should a singh who hasnt ever cut his hair marry a girl that USED to cut her hair?

could/should a singh who never smoked or drank marry a girl that USED to smoke/drink?

(same for singhni marrying a singh who did x y z)

if your answer is different then why? the above are also kureaths in sikhi and they are no different from a girl having outside of marriage relations.

learn compassion and forgiveness and drop your egos. we try and be gursikhs but we still have male dominant ego over 'our females' as if they are property! look within urself first and see the dirt and even then dont try and look down on another.

to the sister who posted the topic, penji life is hard and we all make mistakes, take amrit and live a gursikh life and put the past behind you. drop the weight from your shoulders and move on. ur husband will be more upset about the fact that u cant let the past go then about the fact that u made a mistake.

you said both of you want to become amritdhari one day

i suggest this is before your marriage as an anand kaaraj is only complete with the blessings of maharaaj when two amritdhari gursikh wish to get married

and also, you never know when your life will come to an end

i jus had a question...ummmm...u said that anand kaaraj is only complete wen "two amritdhari gursikhs wish to get married"

but wha if they r on that path....ummm...but they didnt take amrit yet....so they cant have an anand kaaraj??? :devil:

plz explain..

he said what he said cuz he lacks deep understanding of guru maharaj...

if two people aren't amritdhari, their anand karaj will still complete with the blessings of guru sahib if those two people yearn sincerely for guru sahib's blessings as well as make guru sahib the centre of their lives...some people judge this by saying oh...he took amrit..so the guru must be the centre of his life and therefore his anand karaj is complete with blessings..

however, there are moorakhs like me who may be amritdhari, but fail to make the guru the centre of our lives on a daily basis...instead further strengthening the place of our ego...

the key is to do gurmat vichar on what the lavaan say....probably a good idea to do this with elder gursikhs...and understand that the lavaan is not only a comitment to each other, but a commitment as one soul to living in such a way that it merges back with the lord...for sikhs, part of living that life includes taking amrit...but when to take that particular step is different for everyone...

he said what he said cuz he lacks deep understanding of guru maharaj...

if two people aren't amritdhari, their anand karaj will still complete with the blessings of guru sahib if those two people yearn sincerely for guru sahib's blessings as well as make guru sahib the centre of their lives...some people judge this by saying oh...he took amrit..so the guru must be the centre of his life and therefore his anand karaj is complete with blessings..

however, there are moorakhs like me who may be amritdhari, but fail to make the guru the centre of our lives on a daily basis...instead further strengthening the place of our ego...

the key is to do gurmat vichar on what the lavaan say....probably a good idea to do this with elder gursikhs...and understand that the lavaan is not only a comitment to each other, but a commitment as one soul to living in such a way that it merges back with the lord...for sikhs, part of living that life includes taking amrit...but when to take that particular step is different for everyone...

"he said what he said cuz he lacks deep understanding of guru maharaj..."

please elaborate young man

i lack understanding because i disagree with your views?

no, i never said tht being amritdhari means that you have guru as the centre of your life, i said that one must be amritdhari before getting married.

when the singh and singhni go around guru maharaaj, they have already given their heads to the guru, so are now making a commitment to their partner and to their guru.

without amrit you have no guru

stop trying to make things all complicated and just accept the facts

when i say something you disagree with, you say its because, i have misinterpreted gurbani, or because lack understanding of guru maharaaj, perhaps u can be more specific?

Guest Papi

^^ lol baba ji, calm down :devil: all he is saying that just because someone is amrit dhari, it doesn't necessarily mean they have love for guru sahib :( quite simple to understand init?

^^ lol baba ji, calm down :devil: all he is saying that just because someone is amrit dhari, it doesn't necessarily mean they have love for guru sahib :( quite simple to understand init?

hahaha

why do people always assume im not calm!

im very calm dear "paapi" jee

:umm:

and i did say tht i agreed not all amritdharis centre their lives around guru sahib/ love guru sahib :TH:

Guest Guest

:lol: first THREAD that didn't end in a disaster on SS!!!

congratulations BHENJI!!

feeling can fall apart/change, take amrit b4 marrige, that will keep the bond between u 2 stronger then ever...trust that !!!

get inspired by sikhi

start a whole new beginning!

life is wat u make it...and so make it beautiful!

GOD BLESSSSSS!

partytime2.gif

:lol: first THREAD that didn't end in a disaster on SS!!!

congratulations BHENJI!!

feeling can fall apart/change, take amrit b4 marrige, that will keep the bond between u 2 stronger then ever...trust that !!!

get inspired by sikhi

start a whole new beginning!

life is wat u make it...and so make it beautiful!

GOD BLESSSSSS!

partytime2.gif

and 4 the haters...u'll always be at tthe bottom cuz that how u'all always think; LOW !!!