Beadbi of Sikhi

If somebody is smoking or drinking then there is little you can do, as they will usually say that it is there choice.

However if by their actions they are disrespecting Guru Granth Sahib Ji then by not taking any action we are dirt.

People can and do make mistakes all the time, thats why we have the panj pyareh to forgive people for the things theyve done, but if somebody is ignorant of their mistake then pointing it out isnt neccesarily hunkari or aggressive. If we were the one making the mistake but were not strong enough to admit it to ourselves then i think we would appreciate it if someone came to us and tried to show us the right path.

Once this guy had done these things for the first tim, he became a tankiyah i.e. someone thrown out of the panth (until he gets forgiven), this is a different situation to somebody who claims to be a gyani etc whilst doing the same thing. If he is pretending to be a solid singh and claiming to be within rehat whilst he isnt, then i believe it is your duty to speak to them.

In regards to him doing seva for Guru Granth Sahib Ji after he has been smoking or drinking, then you MUST say something!!! Its not a case of 'we must love each other' or sikhi is about love and forgiveness etc etc, if someone disrespects Guru the singhs must take care of things. When we hear of b**** like bhanyarah attacking Guru's saroops in india, setting fire to them and Guru Ji's saroops being thrown on the floor and urinated on in the 1980's we get angry and demand action, yet this type of thing we just let pass.

The Guru will only give us any support once we start treating Guru Ji as GURU and not just a (vaheguru forgive me for sa

ying this) a book.

It doesnt matter about the guy, you can forget him, but you cannot forget Guru Ji, if this is happening in your area then singh you have to try and do something about it. At least have a word with the guy and tell him not to do seva of Guru Ji, if he doesnt then you have to tell his father, if his dad has any sense he will at least stop his son from touching Guru Ji.

This is why singhs say that only people who are fully tyaar patyaar and within full rehat amritdhari should do seva of Guru Ji.

Also would like to remind you of Chandhu who was responsible for the Shaheedi of Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Guru HarGobind Sahib Ji didnt stop till he has chandhu in his possession and delivered him to justice as chosen by the sikhs.

Guru Ji is above all else, we dont matter, the honour of Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our honour.

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was me id properly go off my face and say wot hes doing is totally wrong and unacceptable behaviour...i wldnt ever talk to him again and yes i fink its a great idea to tell his parents wot hes doin at work!!!

i knew this apni dat asked me is it aite if i go to a gurdwara (even though she wos fully drunk at the time) to mata tek or can i do path rite after i had a few beers...i wos lyke are u out of your bloody mind..how wrong is dat?? i was lyke u know your not meant too and your committing a even bigger sin...

seriously i dunno wots wrong wif ppl these days..its betta to not talk to ppl dat disrespect guru sahib and to focus on your goal to get closer to god :)

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

"so if that is ok why is beating up a patit for living as a total manmukh but appearing as a saintly person, and totally d"

completely wrong. Bhai Fauja Singh in all examples you gave stopped somone from harming another physsically. This smoker is not harming others physically. Even if he was, that's a job for the police to take care of. They're quite good in this country so there is no excuse. We are not vigilante.

Sometimes, people's bad karma awakens aned they go on the wrong path. Sometimes, people are meant to be separated from sikhi. You've done your part by discussing with him, I say just let it go on a personal level between you two.

However, where the Guru is concerned, if this guy is doing seva of the Guru etc, you should tell teh committee and prevent further beadbi.

Guest peacemaker
juss grass on da mo'fo.

i hav grassed on people b4 who smoke. feels good,

In your "grassing", did you ever talk to the individual who was doing all those things first to see if they would change their ways?