Beadbi of Sikhi

humanity2k8: how in the world can you use the description 'gursikh' and 'smokes' for the same person?

I know how to help him stop - PM me. If you're not just trying to wind people up, that is.

When we do wrong things while wearing Guru Ji's saroop then it's an insult to Guru Ji personally, an insult to the Shaheed Singhs and an insult to the whole panth.

and when we use "Gursikh" and "Drinks" .. then its fine ???

u are fine with that ??

Hypocrisy i guess!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

humanity2k8: how in the world can you use the description 'gursikh' and 'smokes' for the same person?

I know how to help him stop - PM me. If you're not just trying to wind people up, that is.

When we do wrong things while wearing Guru Ji's saroop then it's an insult to Guru Ji personally, an insult to the Shaheed Singhs and an insult to the whole panth.

u are fine with that ??

Hypocrisy i guess!!

well...to be honest bro, u are being a hypocrite !!

u are fine with that ??

Hypocrisy i guess!!

well...to be honest bro, u are being a hypocrite !!

Please tell me how am i beinga hypocrite...

my question is .. and concern is .. when we see so many sikhs wearing pugs drinking no one goes mad and hit them...

but when we see a sikh wearing a pug smoking .. ppl get mad.. and they wanna hit him ..

is on better than the other ??

aren we all being hypocrites here ??

personally i fink u shud nicley talk to him..if he doesnt listen den dont bother any more.. at the end of the day u've done ur duty ..rest is up to him :D

may vahegoroo do some kirpa on him :pray:

talk to him .. why ??

he is a sikh smoking ..is that why should go a and talk to him ??

my question is why not ??

no .. thats fine.. i too agree with the fact that u shud go and talk to him ?? but with what motive ??

that he is a sikh and he shudn be doin all this ??

i wud want to know .. as to what will u tell him ??

if it was u ?? what wud u tell him ??

Anyone in Sikhi saroop that thinks a violent reaction to this matter is about as dumb a bloke as the 'Singh' himself.

tottaly with u here man!!

ahh...i wud jus basically say "veerjie, while spending ur time on a cigarratte, y dnt u spend ur tyme on chanting the lord's name vahegooro... dat way u will be pleasing guru ji..instead of insulting them !!

(that he is a sikh and he shudn be doin all this ??)

yhhh^^ y not, after all he's is a learner (guru ji's sikh) ..he needs to learn how to please vahegoorooooooooooooooooooooo :D

so u mean if a sikh smokes.. he is insulting guru ji ..then by that means.. there are like alot many sikhs who drink.. they all are insulting guru ji as well.. punjab is left with very less sikhs with turbans.. what abt them ??

do u think not smoking and not drinking only pleases guru ji ..

i think even if u do all that .. and if u are a good human being .. Guru ji will be really happy ..

what a person does with himself.. is his own choice ..after all we also say .. what ever we do is governed by almighty ..but in the end ..is he a good human being .. ???

his smoking and drinking does not decide that .. do they ??

i think even if u do all that .. and if u are a good human being .. Guru ji will be really happy ..

Veer Ji/ Bhen Ji - please read some Gurbani or learn about Sikhi before deciding what makes Guru Ji happy. If our father has told us not to do something and we go ahead and do it, do you think he will be happy?

what a person does with himself.. is his own choice ..after all we also say .. what ever we do is governed by almighty ..but in the end ..is he a good human being .. ???

By smoking & drinking you damage your body (and smoking damages those around you as well) and end up hurting loved ones when you die of cancer/liver failure/come home drunk etc. How are those actions of a 'good human being'?

What standards are you using to judge if someone is 'a good human being' or not? Your own or Guru Ji's?

The bottom line is that, for Sikhs, these things are not allowed. If you can't help yourself then at least don't do them in Sikhi Saroop. It's an easy choice - what do you love more: Guru Ji or smoking/drinking?

One of our servant had sikhi saroop but he smoked beedis all day. Everytime i saw him smoking, made me mad. I told him to stop smoking as it looked bad on a sikh. I told him that sikhs are seen as having high character and morals but he did not stop. So, one day i took scissors and cut of his hair and even made him shave his beard. I told him he can not smoke in his sikhi saroop. He now has baniya look and smokes like hell all day, but he is not disrespecting sikhi saroop.

But i know many sikh youths who smoke, but they don't have sikhi saroop as all are cut surds. I also knew an elder who would appear as a gursikh during day, with turban and all. But during evenings he would tie his hair in pony tail and go clubbing and smoke openly. I know many sikh girls who smoke regularly, but they too are not sikhi saroop. I know an elder who would give lectures against drinking but started smoking beedis in his 60's.

But i still have to come across a sikh who does nitnem and smokes. This guy is a mental retard. Maybe it is because of his granthi father. I know many granthis who are granthis only for money. They have no respect for guru granth sahib. It is a profession for them, for earning money. They have sikhi saroop due to compulsion as a granthi has to be gursikh. They are morally corrupt, and so are their childeren.

Veer Ji/ Bhen Ji - please read some Gurbani or learn about Sikhi before deciding what makes Guru Ji happy. If our father has told us not to do something and we go ahead and do it, do you think he will be happy?

By smoking & drinking you damage your body (and smoking damages those around you as well) and end up hurting loved ones when you die of cancer/liver failure/come home drunk etc. How are those actions of a 'good human being'?

What standards are you using to judge if someone is 'a good human being' or not? Your own or Guru Ji's?

The bottom line is that, for Sikhs, these things are not allowed. If you can't help yourself then at least don't do them in Sikhi Saroop. It's an easy choice - what do you love more: Guru Ji or smoking/drinking?

You smashed it, I agree with you

i'm boredddd !!

lol!