AWESOME SITE!!! ALL MUST SEE!!!

ms514

someone sent me a link to a post on Sikhawareness. I never read this site, but I clicked the link and it was a thread on this subject.

I am amazed that nangs have nothing better to do!! their ignorance and hatred of sikhi just amazes me!

And somehow they even managed to turn N30 around on his opinion. This is pretty sad. The nangs cant even stand up for their own quam, they cant stand up for their sisters who are being converted forcefully, enslaved, impregnated etc.. since this site came out, more and more people are talking about this subject, at least in my sangat and I am hearing story after story about girls being tricked into marriage, pregnancy, conversion, its just amazing. I had no idea about how bad this problem was.

I also knew a bit about islam and the quran and heard things about sexism, but after reading this site (and then going on to do more research at other sites) I am amazed at how people can follow the religion of the quran and not see anything morally wrong with it. I have talked to a few muslims, and some of them even have no idea!

This site was sorely needed and I hope they add more sections and information, it can be an invaluable resource.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

We shouldn't be surprised at what the Nang reaction to the website is.

When have they ever done anything positive for Sikhi. Have any of them joined the protest against the Turban ban in France?. The chief Nang was asked what he had been doing when he criticised the Gursikhs and the way they were going about their protests ( petitions, lobbying MPs etc ) and his reply was that his sewa was 'gupt'.. :)

As for the whyichosesikhi site, no site can be 100 % correct in the infomation it hosts, but the reaction of some people whose sole aim in life seems to be attack any Gursikh trying to do some sewa was way out of proportion. If the sites contains any inaccuracies then send the webmaster an email and see whether they act upon it.

It's a bit hypocritical for N30 Singh to be having a go at that site when neither he nor any of the other admins take any notice of any concerns that Gursikhs have about his forum.

btw N30 you are under the influence of the Nangs whether you admit or not

GurFateh

Bikramjit

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Akaal108
btw N30 you are under the influence of the Nangs whether you admit or not

Oh my gosh,

Get over it mate!!!!!!!!

You lot make me laugh thats all :)

someone sent me a link to a post on Sikhawareness. I never read this site, but I clicked the link and it was a thread on this subject.

I am amazed that nangs have nothing better to do!! their ignorance and hatred of sikhi just amazes me!

And somehow they even managed to turn N30 around on his opinion. This is pretty sad. The nangs cant even stand up for their own quam, they cant stand up for their sisters who are being converted forcefully, enslaved, impregnated etc..  since this site came out, more and more people are talking about this subject, at least in my sangat and I am hearing story after story about girls being tricked into marriage, pregnancy, conversion, its just amazing. I had no idea about how bad this problem was.

I also knew a bit about islam and the quran and heard things about sexism, but after reading this site (and then going on to do more research at other sites) I am amazed at how people can follow the religion of the quran and not see anything morally wrong with it. I have talked to a few muslims, and some of them even have no idea!

This site was sorely needed and I hope they add more sections and information, it can be

an invaluable resource.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

We shouldn't be surprised at what the Nang reaction to the website is.

THanks for calling me A Nang rolleyes.gif ...

When have they ever done anything positive for Sikhi.
Everyday!
Have any of them joined the protest against the Turban ban in France?.

infact some have!..

assumptions rolleyes.gif ?

The chief Nang was asked what he had been doing when he criticised the Gursikhs and the way they were going about their protests ( petitions, lobbying MPs etc ) and his reply was that his sewa was 'gupt'.. :)

I can't answer for that person.-..but I myself dont like to say' mai eh kita meh ooh kita' rolleyes.gif

As for the whyichosesikhi site, no site can be 100 % correct in the infomation it hosts,

correct..but...then again..neither could RAm Rae rolleyes.gif

check the tasnaltion on that site please..

im not sayign that site is COMPLETLY BAD..and I agree weith a A LOT with it..

jsut that I dont think its corect to have wrong translations rolleyes.gif

but the reaction of some people whose sole aim in life seems to be attack any Gursikh trying to do some sewa was way out of proportion. If the sites contains any inaccuracies then send the webmaster an email and see whether they act upon it.

I think the webmaster is quite aware of it ..why? cause most forums have the same debate :@

------------------------------------------

I agree with a

lot fo the site..tho I visit SA am i a NAng rolleyes.gif :T:

Thanks! rolleyes.gif

Bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

actually i havent seen any debates over this site. Not even on sites where muslims post :)

regarding mistranslations, I myself double checked and those are in fact accepted translations. Unfortunately we all tend to refer to sant singhs translation (sikhnet, sikhitothemax etc) as the only one. Almost every modern interpretation of sochai soch na hovaee is wrong as well. Most gursikhs agree that its wrong. If one of the first lines is wrong u can bet theres a lot of others that are a bit off or different than they should be.

The nangs go on about sgpc and singh sabha changing things, this is a modern translation yet they seem to follow it.

Do some independant study of bani first before commenting on what means what.

yea i havnt seen any muslims' reaction to the site. maybe they cant think of any arguments. the only little comment i saw against it on another forum was "one that site has alot of propaganda. even though i'm not a fan of islam but jeez, in hygiene islam owns" and the sikhs wasted that really good explaining how you're actually healthier with hair. more muslims need to see this site

http://www.whyichosesikhism.com/?p=answers&ans=10

As for bhagat-baaNee being from "Muslims and Hindus", it's a proven fact by the likes of Giani Gurdit Singh in his books and others that the Bhagats, under the leadership of Ramanand jee all became Sikhs of Guru Nanak after meeting him. The Fareed in BaaNee is the descendant of the first and this is borne out by the fact that the language used is not 12th century but contemporary to Guru Nanak.

Giani Gurdit Singh's book is very big and contains a lot of proof about the Bhagats being Sikhs, but two important points are that the oldest books ie. Goindvaal Pothees refer to the bhagats as "Bhagat Babay Kay" or Bhagats of the Baba (Nanak). Also, the Bhagat's Banee in SGGS is not found in their own collections. Ie. Kabeer's baaNee in SGGS is not found in his Beejak. The BaaNee they recited after becoming Sikhs is the one in SGGS and not found in their original collections

i believe they refer to http://www.gianigurditsingh.com/bookcover-...granthsahib.htm

(my source allaboutsikhs.com Sikh bhagats section)

(in the Sikh encyclopaedia Bhagat Ramanands life is said to be (1300-1410?)

now i am really confused as Bhagat Ramanand jee lived in 1366-1467, while Gu

ru Sahib was born in 1469. so how can he have become Sikh? any logic, other then that after his death his soul came and begged Guru Sahib to give him Amrit? And Bhagat Kabir is said to live from 1398-1448 (his followers Kabirpanthis say he lived till 1518). the Encyclopaedia says their is NO evidence that Guru Sahib and Kabir jee ever met. Shaikh Farid jee lived from 1173-1265, even though all former literature states that the Bhagat Bani Farid is Shaikhs also supported by the Encyclopaedia, the site says that it is his son (probably also named Farid) whose Bani is in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. but if Shaikh Farid jee lived from 1173-1265, how could his son live till 1469? that would be about 200 years old...

one thing is that first this site mistranslates the Bani on panaa 1350, and now this :)

i refer to prof. Sahib Singh's Guru Granth Darpan

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/1350.html

pRBwqI ]

prabhaathee ||

Prabhaatee:

byd kqyb khhu mq JUTy JUTw jo n ibcwrY ]

baedh kathaeb kehahu math jhoot(h)ae jhoot(h)aa jo n bichaarai ||

Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.

jau sB mih eyku Kudwie khq hau qau ikau murgI mwrY ]1]

jo sabh mehi eaek khudhaae kehath

ho tho kio muragee maarai ||1||

You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens? ||1||

this is the Sant Singh translation from Sikhitothemax.com

Prof. Sahib Singh jee write:

ArQ:— (hy ihMdU qy muslmwn vIro !) vydW jW kurwn Awidk (iek dUjy dIAW) Drm-pusqkW ƒ JUTIAW nwh AwKo [ JUTw qW auh bMdw hY jo iehnW Drm-pusqkW dI ivcwr nhIN krdw [ (Blw, hy mu`lW !) jy qUµ ieh AwKdw hYN ik ^udw sB jIvW ivc mOjUd hY qW (aus ^udw A`gy kurbwnI dyx leI) murZI ikauN mwrdw hYN ? (kI aus murZI ivc auh Awp nhIN hY ? murZI ivc bYTy ^udw dI AMS ƒ mwr ky ^udw dy A`gy hI Bytw krn dw kIh Bwv hY ? [1[

Arth: (he hindooh te musalmaan veero!) Veda(n) jaa(n) quran (ik dujee dian dharam-pustkhaan) chootian naa akho!....

my english:

Meaning: (oh hindu and muslim brothers!) Don't call the Vedas and the Quran (each others religious scriptures) false....

this site really go beyond the limits... :@

WJKK, WJKF:

Well it seems like this site is beginning to cause some comotion at the Sikhnet Youth Forum. This was posted today in response to an earlier post regarding the launch of the site and its objectives:

it seems to me like whyichosesikhism.com is degrading islam. this is sickening to me. as sikhs we should kill them with kindness, NOT the way you are presenting this exremely biased site. it is a false representation of what Sikhism truly is. this site should be taken down and do not support the creators of this hatefull site against our muslim BROTHERS and SISTERS. there is no need to show islam's falsehoods because i am sure sikhi has some also. this was very unecessary.

thank you,

(no offense to anyone, this is just my opinion)

Sat Siri Akaal. Even w/o seeing the site personally, I believe you are correct. Why do we forget that Guru Arjun asked a Muslim to lay the cornerstone of the Golden Temple? And that 9th Guru died so all can worship as they choose. No one faith is above another. All paths lead to Ik Ong Kar.

-DKK

The original post can be found here:

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/youth.nsf/3...33;OpenDocument

What bothers me is that the person who replied to this post says that Sikhism has its own fallacies...gosh, I'd hate to think that I've been practicing a faith this whole time that isn't entirely true! :e:

I'd encourage those of you who are directly involved with the creation of this site to provide him with an articulate reply. Likewise, I will try to do the same.

-Gurfateh