AWESOME SITE!!! ALL MUST SEE!!!

ms514

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear cali bro, i also saw that post at sikhnet youth forum today afternoon. DKK atleast should have cleared his misconceptions when he said every religion has fallacies. i think we need to keep an close eye on sikhnet moderators' replies. some of them are very very misleading, just like the one I posted on another thread where a muslim guy wants to marry a sikh girl.

Guest balwinderkaur
Dear cali bro, i also saw that post at sikhnet youth forum today afternoon. DKK atleast should have cleared his misconceptions when he said every religion has fallacies. i think we need to keep an close eye on sikhnet moderators' replies. some of them are very very misleading, just like the one I posted on another thread where a muslim guy wants to marry a sikh girl.

agree with that...we need to observe their replies and let em know when they are misleading....esp when most non sikhs use sikhnet as a first port of call when they wanna find anything out about sikhism.

well i got NO problem with "bashing" Islam, as long as the quotes which are taken from Gurbani are not mistranslated (now i am NOT the one who should judge their translation as it should be Guru Granth Sahib's Darpans, Steeks, Viakhya done by Sikh scholars and teekakars), and the critic is based upon sound facts about Islam, and on the other hand references are to SGGS and writings of Sikh scholars when it is related to Gurmat. and secondly if people are going to response to their questions they should do it in a way that is sufficient. i see some of the questions would raise new questions rather then solving existing problems. :)

intentions are probably good, but still the responses need some brushing up i think.

well i got NO problem with "bashing" Islam, as long as the quotes which are taken from Gurbani are not mistranslated (now i am NOT the one who should judge their translation as it should be Guru Granth Sahib's Darpans, Steeks, Viakhya done by Sikh scholars and teekakars), and the critic is based upon sound facts about Islam, and on the other hand references are to SGGS and writings of Sikh scholars when it is related to Gurmat. and secondly if people are going to response to their questions they should do it in a way that is sufficient. i see some of the questions would raise new questions rather then solving existing problems. :)

intentions are probably good, but still the responses need some brushing up i think.

I agree...Translations need sorting out... :@ @

Bik bhaji, Sorry for missunderstanding you tongue.gif

Sorry blush.gif

Take care

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

WJKK, WJKF:

Hey guys, I stayed up late into the night coming up with a response to that critic of the WICS website on the Sikhnet Youth Forum. As you may recall, he/she felt that it wrong to point out the fallacies of Islam, because in his opinion he felt that Sikhi has some of its own. To which I sent in the following reply:

Khalsjee, I would like to take this opportunity to respond to my fellow brother/sister who commented on the newly launched "why I choose Sikhism" website.

First and foremost, you need to reexamine which faith you belong to. Your statement that "there is no need to show Islam's falsehoods because i am sure sikhi has some also" is patently false and borderline blasphemous. That the moderator would not correct your statement is even more disturbing. I can assure you that if Sikhi were full of even one falsehood, I would not be a Sikh today. If you honestly think that, then you need to reexamine which religion you belong to. Please think before you make such statements, especially on a Sikh oriented website which is designed to promote Sikhsim, not bring it down.

Second, in response to the criticism that the website slanders Islam, I respectfully disagree with you. While it is true that certain portions of the site could stand to be modified to be more "politically correct," I think it is important not to lose sight of the bigger picture here. One needs only to venture so far as to clicking on the "personal stories" link to see the reason why this site was launched to begin with….

How any Sikh let alone human being, could read those deeply moving and equally disturbing stories, and not walk away without shedding

a tear is unfathomable. It was not designed to slander the Islamic faith, rather it was in response to a malicious campaign that has been orchestrated by a sizable minority within the Islamic community in the UK and elsewhere that has forcibly converted hundreds of young Sikh women, many of who simply were not aware of the beauty of their own faith. This site aims to present them and others, with the clear differences between the two faiths, of which there are many. If in the course of doing so, it upsets certain peoples then so be it. We cannot be expected to account for the contradictions and inequalities that are contained in their scriptures…Sikhism was born in part, as a response to the fallacies that our Guru’s saw in both of the dominant faiths in India at the time. Guru Nanak and his successors sought to present a unique and different path one that promoted love,equality, and social justice for all.

Also, I should also like to refute an argument that has been stated by some moderators that all religions somehow lead to the same path. No where in Gurbani does it state this! Do not confuse tolerance of other faiths, with a belief that somehow we all end up the same place at the end of the day. Only Sikhs can reach Sachkand. I will refer you to the following Q & A which also contains quotes from Gurbani that refute this argument.

Q: If the Gurus said that all religions lead to the same path, you'll be ok whichever religion you're in. Then why didn't they mention them all in depth in their writings? With Sikhism, if all these past religions were right why don't we believe in Adam as the first man etc. Was there a sudden change of plan when the Guru's came along? Now man was no longer created from Adam? The argument we are all on a path which leads to God, no matter which we take cannot apply. Not everyone worships one God.

A: It is a TOTALLY FALSE argument that Sikhism believes all paths lead to the same goal and thus all religions are equal: From i

ts very inception, Gurmat has been declared a unique and distinct path. Bhai Gurdas writes: "the Guru has created the mighty Gurmukh panth. This panth keeps itself away from the boundaries of the Vedas and the Semitic scriptures..." (Bhai Gurdas, 23.19)

SGGS over and over stresses the importance of "Gurmat Naam". Without Gurmat Naam no one can find Akaal or reach sachkhand. Gurmat naam is only available in the house of Guru Nanak: "Nanak kai ghar keval, naam" . Keval means "only".

Without naam, no one can find God. GurbaaNee is clear about this fact:

Nanak naam binaa ko mukath n hoee

Translation:O Nanak, without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, no one is liberated

Where is this naam to be found? From the Guru.

bin gur naam n paaeiaa jaae

Translation:Without the Guru, the Naam cannot be obtained.

Satguru Nanak is the only true Guru who has preached naam, and given gurmat-naam.

As for other acts of "religion", this is what Guru Nanak says:

theeruthh thup dhaeiaa dhuth dhaan ||

Pilgrimages, austere discipline, compassion and charity

jae ko paavai thil kaa maan ||

these, by themselves, bring only an iota of merit.

suniaa mu(n)niaa man keethaa bhaao ||

Listening and believing with love and humility in your mind,

a(n)thurugath theerathh mal naao ||

cleanse yourself with the Name, at the sacred shrine deep within.......

So, unless someone receives Gurmat Naam from Guru Nanak, there is no liberation. They will be rewarded for their good karma, but not liberated. They don't want liberation! Christians are content with heaven, and they will receive it. But then they will enter the cycle of births and deaths again, hopefully in a life which will bring them closer to liberation. Gurmat Panth's respect of all religions goes as far as saying that they are not sent to eternal hell, they will get what they work for. Like Harmandir Saahib: God is open and available to a

ll directions and all people of the world, but the path to God is ONE: Gurmat.

About other faiths:

eik jainee oujhurr paae dhhuruhu khuaaeiaa ||

Some are Jains, wasting their time in the wilderness; by their pre-ordained destiny, they are ruined. panna 1285

hi(n)dhoo a(n)nhaa thurukoo kaanaa ||

The Hindu is blind; the Muslim has only one eye. panna 875

In many other places it is made clear that Gurmat, the way of the Giani, who meditates on Gurmat Naam is the only path to Akaal. Others will get their heaven etc. but not find Akaal. All faiths will get what they work towards. Only Gurmat has a concept such as Sach Khand and God-Realization in such a clear way.

Thus, Gurmat is the only path to Sach Khand and merger with Akaal.

Who else is the true Guru of status of Guru Nanak? Mohammed? Jesus? Krishna? Rama? There is none. These prophets don't come close to even the Sikhs of Guru Nanak, let alone Guru Nanak himself. GurbaaNee leaves no doubt:

"Sabh tay Vadaa Satgur Nanak, Jin kal raakhee mayree" meaning Satuguru Nanak is THE GREATEST who has protected my honour in this age of darkness (Kaljug).

http://www.whyIchosesikhism.Com/?p=answers&ans=4

In sum, I believe that those who believe that we can somehow fight the current injustices that are being leveled against our faith with kindness alone, are naïve and do not realize the full extent of the damage that has been done and the need to respond. It will only get you so far. At some point, we Sikhs will have to rise up and defend ourselves. Please do not be upset with the Gursikhs who have put their heart and soul into this site and have thoroughly researched and documented all of the evidence that is presented there. All sources are provided and accounted for should you have any doubts about their authenticity.

If you wish to harbor any anger towards anyon

e, it should be towards the cowards who lurk in the shadows and whose only purpose is to see the destruction of Sikhism by wiping out our future generations of mothers, sisters, and daughters. We cannot be held responsible for what is written in the Koran. Indeed, there exists a very clear choice here for anyone who would think about leaving Sikhi. We offer the Sikh perspective in keeping with the tenants of our faith as provided for in Gurbani. If this site can save just one young Sikh girl, then it will have accomplished its mission.

Not suprisingly, my response has yet to be posted, and I doubt that it will. Just today, a new question/answer was posted on the SNYF in which the moderator (DKK) stated that all paths are the same, while sidestepping the fact that SachKand is unique to Sikhs. You can read that post and DKK's full response here:

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/youth.nsf/3...33;OpenDocument

I would be suprised if they post my reply, but I just wanted to let all of you to know that there are people out there who do care and will not let these guys continue to mislead our fellow brothers and sisters! I will keep you posted on my efforts as things develop.

-Gurfateh

• 2 weeks later...

WJKK, WJKF:

I just wanted to update you guys and let you know that I received a response from the SNYF moderators today regarding the reply I gave to the critic of the WICS website.

Basically, "HSD" agreed with everything that I said above, but he also added that I was wrong in my assertion that Sach Khand was unique to Sikhi. He said everyone can go there. He did not elaborate any further.

I posted this question on akj.org to see what everyone's thoughts were (should be up shortly), but if you guys want to chime in here, please feel free to do so.

-Gurfateh

lol!! other religions dont even know of sachkhand and some think its preposterous.. ie muslims who thing god cannot be everywhere and god is a single entity, how could you merge with hiim?

if a religion has no aim of sachkhand and no knowledge of it, then how can they go there?

its like me saying I want to go to the planet of the apes in my spaceship but have no idea where the heck it is. Ill just drift in space looking till i die.

Gur Fateh!

Sardar MKhalsa Jee,

Trust this finds you well. I recall you mentioning a similar range of ideas under a discussion concerning Heaven and Hell.

In your opinion is Sikhi is the only one true path to Nirankar Vaheguroo? I ask since, I have always thought a little different and perhaps could be wrong in my understanding.

Gur Fateh!

One can reach akal purakh through many ways(religion).. There is no way our guru sahib jee said... "SIkhi is the only way to reach god" YES, Sikhi is the only easy and straightforward way to reach god, but other religions can ALSO reach sacchey patshah if they follow the real Dharam of theirs !