Marriage,help Sikhs Plz Help

Guest _Mani_

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I do not understand how this devolving conversation helps the original poster, I feel that it is necessary to not be critical of the views posted.

A community that is often offended, and it appears the same attitudes are being passed on to the youth.

Fortunately the rest of the world is waking up to the essence of ancient spiritual teachings, and unless (primarily punjabi people here) wake up to this, they will be left in the dust watching as others walk on the streets as peaceful projections of the Divine Light within them. The punjabis will look on in awe as the west sticks to a meditative discipline and a non-judgemental persona is purveyed.

Just a heads up of the times to come...

regards

alright

for people that are replying...It doesnt start of with sikhi, it startes of with what path she wants to walk!!!

For the topic starter, if u choose to walk the path of sikhi, then you shouldnt consider being with him. IF you don't follow sikhi then by all mean go with the boy and screw what your parents arre telling since they seem lost themselves with the whole caste deal. And for the people replying here. Dont force her or him into sikhi. her parents may say they are sikh but that doesnt make her sikh. NOONE CHOOSES YOUR PATH 4 U, U DO!!!

Im sick of punjab and their mentality. jatt this jatt that. get a life. and 4 those proud to be apart od some caste cuz "jats were brave and what not"... thats like saying white people were this and black people were that and what not. View people individually not by their dam caste colour or the size of their head. i sure you had whimps in your caste so that doesnt make jatts so brave after all now does it. If you ask me, its prejudice...and that aint gud.

for the topic starter, u seem lost with where you stand with religion mayb you should learn what the different paths are aand what you personally belive. U dont have to belive in any religion if u dont want to. Your not forced to be a sikh...be what ever you want but if you choose the path of sikhi, don't bother marrying som1 outside of sikhi. if u marry sum1 that non-sikh, your both walking different paths which wont work. you partner is som1 you walk beside.

i'm sorry if i am harsh but i have to say this.

You are NOT a sikh if you are a jatt, that is not possible, there is no such thing as caste in sikhism, no one cares about caste because everybody is equal, it's stupid and pathetic and 100% wrong and against sikhi.

I am a JATT and a Sikh....caste has nothing to do with sikhism but my family had the name SANDHU even before khalsa came into existence. Its our background and I am proud of it and we will never forget who we are and were....Sandhu's are the bravest and one of the oldest jatts among other kind of jatts. Also ur comment is 100% wrong and pathetic if you think people who are proud of their background(caste) are going against Sikhi. why dont you learn about caste before you make remarks like such?

Given that Guru Gobind Singh Ji was not a "brave sandhu" and not even a "brave jatt", where exactly does your reverence for his bravery lie in the mix? Put away the "i am jatt" puffy chest routine and learn to walk first.

To the original poster...there's some excellent advice here, including the advice above that your difficulty has more to do punjabi culture. Other forums may give you a different necessary perspective. Have strength and all will turn out well.

buddasingh put yourself in a closet and never come out of it again...ever. Forget me being a sandhu jatt, u must be one of those bhappe's lol. I remember when bhappe used to run the gurudwara in richmond, they were ignorant people lol.....then we jatts had to take over the gurudwara and start the concept of real sikhi. so buddasingh i know u are ashamed to be a bhappa but its alright u will have to die with it and over all live wth it. not one bhappa fought in the movement? bhappe's are cowards by just looking at them...

You are NOT a sikh if you are a jatt, that is not possible, there is no such thing as caste in sikhism, no one cares about caste because everybody is equal, it's stupid and pathetic and 100% wrong and against sikhi.

I am a JATT and a Sikh....caste has nothing to do with sikhism but my family had the name SANDHU even before khalsa came into existence. Its our background and I am proud of it and we will never forget who we are and were....Sandhu's are the bravest and one of the oldest jatts among other kind of jatts. Also ur comment is 100% wrong and pathetic if you think people who are proud of their background(caste) are going against Sikhi. why dont you learn about caste before you make remarks like such?

Given that Guru Gobind Singh Ji was not a "brave sandhu" and not even a "brave jatt", where exactly does your reverence for his bravery lie in the mix? Put away the "i am jatt" puffy chest routine and learn to walk first.

To the original poster...there's some excellent advice here, including the advice above that your difficulty has more to do punjabi culture. Other forums may give you a different necessary perspective. Have strength and all will turn out well.

sikhism rejects all distinctions of race, caste, creed or sex:

"All are created from the seed of God. There is the same clay in the whole world, the potter (God) makes many kinds of pots." (Guru Amar Das Ji)

"Know people by the light illuminating them and do not ask their caste; for in the hereafter no one is differentiated by caste." (Guru Nanak Dev Ji)

"The caste of all mankind is one and the same." (Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

your situation is a hindu influenced punjabi cultural problem. i suggest you find a punjabi cultural forum to discuss this situation. maybe you'll have more of a chance of finding a solution to your situation there.

So true. Unfortunately many families have this kind of mentality.

I am a JATT and a Sikh....caste has nothing to do with sikhism but my family had the name SANDHU even before khalsa came into existence. Its our background and I am proud of it and we will never forget who we are and were....Sandhu's are the bravest and one of the oldest jatts among other kind of jatts.

Oh really!!. I think Sandhu's ie majheh's especially their women folk are extremely bossy, domineering and generally turned out to be weird characters.

Also ur comment is 100% wrong and pathetic if you think people who are proud of their background(caste) are going against Sikhi. why dont you learn about caste before you make remarks like such?

:LOLz: :LOLz: :LOLz:

lol did you not read what he said, one cant be a jatt, ramgariah or khatri and a sikh at the same time. and here i was thinking this couldnt be more simple.

Exactly!!.

The moment the originator of this thread (ie POST #1) mentioned "caste", 'Jatt ' you can immediately tell that that person is extremely weak in their understanding of Gurbani.

first of all you are very stupid to say that you are in love with someone. Second if I was your father I would not listen one word that you say and have a arrange marriage for you as soon as possible. if you are goin to kill yourself for that guy then you are not even worth anything. you have to realize whats better for you, its either your family(Sikhi,punjabi,jatt...all that come with family) or that boy you THINK you are in love with.

I hope your father gets you married ASAP. for a person who says should i follow my heart needs alot of help for a better life and i am pretty sure you are just a dream girl just like bollywood movies. people stop watching bollywood.

so stop being a little dream girl and listen to your DADDY.

Hi all.

im a jatt sikh girl,im in love with a goldsmith(sunyar caste) boy.he is spritual guy who respects

all religions,though his family is hindu.But My parents dont like him becoz of his caste.we want

to marry.His parents are agree but My father is against it.Because he is from diff race and

culture.Im in big trouble.I love my family and religion.But i cant leave him too.so far i know

about sikhi,its no where written that marrying a nonsikh is a sin.But its do wriiten "Awalh allah

noor upaya kudrat de sab bande".So i dont know what to do.

My mother took me to a sikh preacher a babaji.They insulted me a lot that i should follow my parents decision.its all "mann ki kamzori" nothing more than that.inter caste Love marriages cant ever be successfull.No body is ready to marry a children from such a couple and so on.they said

"agar smaj ch rehna hai tan smaj ton against nhi jaya ja sakda" when i ask him that Guru Granth

sahib ji told us to respect every religion.no where its written hate the person from diff

caste.Then he said "baani jo kehndi,uste amal karna tan bahut aukha,koi v nhi kar sakda.samj naal

hi rehna painda.baani tan kehndi singh sajo amrit shako,ohnu amrit shkale fir karle jo karna ".

Im so depressed.even in a situation to kill myself.

I dont know what should i do.Whom should i follow my heart or my parents this society.

i dont want to hurt my parents,but how can i spoil my life knowingly that if i go with my parents

decision and marry a person from my caste and religion,i will not be able to love him and his

family.So how can i spoil his life also.

All you people,you sikh gianies please help me help me help me.....................

waheguru...to the original thread starter i would suggest that before convincing yourself that marring the guy is good for you i suggest you try to learn more about sikhi before making the decision to marry him. You say that you love sikhi but what appears to me is that your knowledge of sikhi is not very good so try to gain more knowledge about sikhi before making any decisions as you can change your mind now but if you start to regret your decision of marrying him after 10 years things wont be so easy to sort out. All im saying is dont rush into making a decision. If you do decide to learn more about sikhi i recommend not going to your parents as they seem quiet lost too with this whole cast thing. And think about what some of the members are saying to you. But the decision is up to you...

Kforce keep going lower on your caste rung. I would be ashamed to be anything that is not at the absolute bottom of your list. I prefer not to engage in name calling and personal attacks on this forum, but for the sake of other young sikhs reading this, suffice it to say, what a shamefully sad tirade.

It should not matter given your comments, but as an aside, by your own standards, you would hang your head in deep shame if you knew who you were talking to.

Now, speaking of bravery, be brave enough to answer the question put to you about Guru Gobind Singh Ji here.

buddasingh put yourself in a closet and never come out of it again...ever. Forget me being a sandhu jatt, u must be one of those bhappe's lol. I remember when bhappe used to run the gurudwara in richmond, they were ignorant people lol.....then we jatts had to take over the gurudwara and start the concept of real sikhi. so buddasingh i know u are ashamed to be a bhappa but its alright u will have to die with it and over all live wth it. not one bhappa fought in the movement? bhappe's are cowards by just looking at them...