School Play - Acting Out Guru Ji

Singh@

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My R.E teacher said that When Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj created the Khalsa, the reason why there was blood on the Kirpan was because He took a goat and performed jhatka LOOLL!! i asked him wer he got that from and he told me the teacher resource thingy. So yh i would say no because R.E teachers are a bit dodgey!!

I had a talk with a RE teacher from my school and the Sylabus for most schools say Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji cut off a goats head... after alot of arguments and alot of meeting i got them to teach the actual version but it was a long process... i really dunno where they get there stuf from really!!

to OP can we have a email address or address of ur school so we can contact them...

My R.E teacher said that When Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj created the Khalsa, the reason why there was blood on the Kirpan was because He took a goat and performed jhatka LOOLL!! i asked him wer he got that from and he told me the teacher resource thingy. So yh i would say no because R.E teachers are a bit dodgey!!

I had a talk with a RE teacher from my school and the Sylabus for most schools say Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji cut off a goats head... after alot of arguments and alot of meeting i got them to teach the actual version but it was a long process... i really dunno where they get there stuf from really!!

to OP can we have a email address or address of ur school so we can contact them...

I had the same issue but only in CERTAIN high school text books ,I complained and through research found out with help from my teacher that this was what was being officialy taught by the Indian Govt in text books as curriculum ,so all the they've done is copy that,ie Sikhs are offshoot of Hinduism 10th Guru chopped up goats and so on

Fateh Ji,

Till today be it on stage or screen no one has enacted Guru Gobind Singh Ji's role. In plays Guru Gobind Singh Ji's role is enacted in third person. Like a narrator or one of the actors says ' Guru ji Sangath noo keh rahe hann ki unna noo panj sirra di zaroorat hai' (Guru Ji is asking for five heads). You can advice your teacher about this mode.

I've seen this mode being very innovatively used in a play in Chandigarh.

Also I feel you should inform your local Gurudwara about this.

Guru Rakha

Please get in touch with sikh elders in your area that can go to your school and talk to your teacher in a more professional manner.

This is a very serious issue...you will have to get your parents and other parents involved...don't leave it too late, tell your parent & Gurdwara Sahib sangat

If they can teach Jesus can resurrent, then i don't see what the problem would be to state the fact that Guroo Jee did infact cut off the heads of 5 and bring them back to life.

As Sarpanch has stated, the problem is the teaching curriculum in India but that doesn't mean that we can't change the UK curriculum.