Slander Of Dasam Bani On Spn

Inder Singh

Here is a second account

"The revered mother asked Bhai Kirpa Ram, ‘What Guru ji is doing?’ He said, ‘Revered mother’, Guru ji is preparing ambrosial nectar of the double-edged broadsword for administering it to the Sikhs.’ The revered mother was deeply moved on hearing this. She instantly came to Guru’s presence with a lawful of patasas. Paying at first her obeisance to Guru ji, she poured the patasas from her lap into that bowl. The all-knowing Guru ji did not look at her and continued with his recitation of Jap ji with full concentration. After reciting the sacred compositions of Jap ji, Jaap Sahib, Sawayyas and Chaupai, he recited Anand Sahib. When the ambrosial elixir became ready, he stood up and performed the Ardas. Concluding it with the prayer; he called out Fateh, and raised aloud the spirited chant of Sat Sri Akal.

Creation Of Khalsa by Bhat Sarup singh Kaushish in Guru Kian sakhian

Please show me proof of which banis were read by Guru Gobind Singh jee in 1699 khandeh di pahul ceremony.

There is no proof of this. Every one has different version of what banis were read. The event did occur but we do not know whcih banis were read.

Read "Sri Gur Katha", by Bhai Jaito Ji who was an eye witness. This is what he had to say regarding the Banis:

post-1107-1216616102.jpg

The entire panth agrees on which Banis were read.

I'm off.

Does UKGupt Kaur have an answer to this (I think not)

Why are we always on defending side ??? whome are we trying to teach missionaries ??? Once a seyana banda said ... we cant teach two types of persons one who is already learnt and onther who dont want to learn ...

Missionaries are making circumstances they want panth to decide on dasam granth ... once the panth sits together it will not back of till theres parkash of sri dasam granth on akal takth sahib and kess garh sahib ...

these people dont have any guts to speak against public about sri dasam granth ... they do parchar only in there people record it and upload or u can find them on forums ... if its not true then darshan singh would not have run from public twice ...

believe it or not times coming for parkash of sri dasams bani on all takths ... and guru sahib have given missionaries an important role in it .... just get ready ....

..coming back to the topic of this thread

A small advice to the owner(s)/moderators of SPN. If you respect the banee of the Tenth Master (as one of you has claimed) then your kirpan should also shake in its scabbard when someone makes a derogatory remark about it.

As someone very well said, "We as Sikhs respect even the jorhe (shoes) of Guru Sahibs. We should think twice about the language we use while addressing a granth that contains the banees of Nitnem, Amrit and Ardas")

Better done than said...

what do you not like about the dasam granth, dalsingh?

Nothing I find it fascinating on so many levels. Although I have much studying to do, I do think parts were written by dasmesh pita and other parts were at least sanctioned by him. That's my current thoughts on it, and as I said I have MUCH more studying to do. I do think the parts that have been accepted into the daily prayers of Sikhs is bani but have yet to make a decision of Charitrio Pakyaan and Hikayaats and maybe some other parts.

What I don't like is abusing those who dissent from a a particular perspective. The people who do this usually like to claim to be better Sikhs than others. We know where that leads.

august-%20theodore-%20schoefft-ds-ranjit-singh.jpg

THis is the respect Dasam Granth had in sikh hearts since its writing.This is a photo of two granths in parkash at harmandir sahib

Source: http://www.patshahi10.org/index.php?option...h&Itemid=63

That was painted around 1850 AD and it doesn't prove that it was a norm practice in every day Gurdwaras Inder Singh ji. This could be the practice of the Sikh elite that is being depicted.

Also if parkash of Dasam Granth at par with SGGS ji has been the standard practice why do most Gurdwaras not do it today? What happened?

Here is a second account

"The revered mother asked Bhai Kirpa Ram, ‘What Guru ji is doing?’ He said, ‘Revered mother’, Guru ji is preparing ambrosial nectar of the double-edged broadsword for administering it to the Sikhs.’ The revered mother was deeply moved on hearing this. She instantly came to Guru’s presence with a lawful of patasas. Paying at first her obeisance to Guru ji, she poured the patasas from her lap into that bowl. The all-knowing Guru ji did not look at her and continued with his recitation of Jap ji with full concentration. After reciting the sacred compositions of Jap ji, Jaap Sahib, Sawayyas and Chaupai, he recited Anand Sahib. When the ambrosial elixir became ready, he stood up and performed the Ardas. Concluding it with the prayer; he called out Fateh, and raised aloud the spirited chant of Sat Sri Akal.

Creation Of Khalsa by Bhat Sarup singh Kaushish in Guru Kian sakhian

This source is majorly unreliable.

I do think the parts that have been accepted into the daily prayers of Sikhs is bani but have yet to make a decision of Charitrio Pakyaan and Hikayaats and maybe some other parts.

Quite amusing..

Since when Sikhs have got this right to decide on the respect and authenticity of banee based on their own 'Mat', taste?

Never heard of such a talk until sometime ago.

P.S. Chaupai Sahib, part of Sikh prayer, is from Charitropakhyan

I do think the parts that have been accepted into the daily prayers of Sikhs is bani but have yet to make a decision of Charitrio Pakyaan and Hikayaats and maybe some other parts.

Quite amusing..

Since when Sikhs have got this right to decide on the respect and authenticity of banee based on their own 'Mat', taste?

Here we go. Is Chaupai Sahib a complete rendition of Charitropakhyan?

Anyway, I am still studying it and haven't drawn any firm conclusions yet. Do you understand that?

Like we must switch off our brains completetly and swallow what you believe without question......

CHILL PILL DUDE!!

Quite amusing..

Here we go. Is Chaupai Sahib a complete rendition of Charitropakhyan?

Anyway, I am still studying it and haven't drawn any firm conclusions yet. Do you understand that?

Like we must switch off our brains completetly and swallow what you believe without question......

CHILL PILL DUDE!!

No need to jump off the chair...relax

I guess we should also start accepting all the 'questions' by Nirankaris, Namdharis, Bhaniyarewala, Ashutosh, Sacha Sauda. Why 'your' questions be of any more importance than theirs?

If you still have to make up your mind on Charitropakhyan, you still have not made up your mind on Chaupai Sahib...

Does this notion make any sense? "I believe in the salok in the end of Japuji Sahib but havent made up my mind on Japuji Sahib"

Get some information on the structure of the granth you are so keen on making decisions on.