**EVERYONE POST**

Wahguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

My parents brought us up in sikhism from when we were pretty young.

Involving us in gurmat camps in stuff.

Then we went to see Siri Singh sahib (yogi ji) in America after writing to him about some questions concerning sikhi. N in his reply he tellin us to join him there. The one week camp was jus amazing. We were even invited to a wedding there. It was so simple but yet really beautiful. N it wasn't really over the top they just wore pretty simple white clothes. It was breathe takin. The lahma were read in three different languages so everyone could understand. Gurmukhi, punjabi, n spanish. The younger children also all had dastaars n looked really cute. This was girls n boys.

Whilst we were there we heard about a khalsa school in India which was run by the American sikhs. Called Miri Piri academy in Amritsar.

My parents decided it would be a good idea for us to study there for a year which we did. rolleyes.gif

N after seein the love n sharda these people had for sikhism n the Guru i was jus blown away. <_<

We would go to Harmandir Sahib at 3 o'clock in the morning to do the sewa of the parkarma. N they jus loved it. They did really good kirtan n were learning to speak gurbani.

N comparin myself with them at that time it jus put me to shame. To think the respect n love they had. So i decided that it was time to sort myself out. These people were jus amazing n such a huge, huge inspiration to me. pray.gif :TH:

Waheguru, waheguru, waheguru.

God Bless them. And thank you! pray.gif

post-2983-1113057280.jpg

post-2983-1113058716.jpg

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

i jus got in to sikhi beacuse of the kirpan at the age of 6, asked dad if i can take amrit he sed no, so i waited 3 yrs and took amrit then i wore a kirpan :>::>:>:>:> no1 told me bout the paath side of amrit lols, so i kinda got tricked (well daint i shoud have researched a bit more), but i managed to get through it nd stand till this day.

soo it was all about the KIRPANNNN

nuff luv

LOL @ Kumi

anyways i got into sikhi because all my family used to be so close to different jatha's especially my grandma who knew the Damdami Taksal Jatha. But as i got older i went off sikhi and went into music, movies... But then i met Bhai Rama Singh at the gurdwara in the mornin i was really inspired by them and i would go to the gurdwara every day at amrit vela first listen to gurbani, keertan and do simran, then i would go and do seva such as clean the windows, door, table and serve cha(tea). THEn again the 5 theives got me after Bhai Sahib passed away and went into all the stupid. After that i have been inspired by Sant Jarnail Singh Ji and sangat from this forum and with Guru Ji's Kirpa(as always) am starting to do sirman and read Waheguroo di bani! and soon will be starting to get gurbani santhia :) .

So hoepfully with Guru Ji's Kirpa i wont fall into doin stupid stuff again and start becomin a Gursikh

waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ki fateh!

my mom started me on the path of sikhi by being a good role model and then i came to cali and met gzillions of gursikhs and becmae inspired bt them...i began wearing a dastaar bcz of my friends amandeep and pavandeep kaur (twins) and then in december i took amrit after years of anxious waiting...but the most important inspiration was Guru Ji and Shaheed Singhs and Singhnis

waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ki fateh!

WOW..

I have great respect for all of you, really made my day by reading such inspiring real deals :) .. Whether you are discovering sikhi cauz of your bf or by the mehar of kirpan shaastar or by parents.... JUST KEEP PUSHING it to high level till you get what you want !!!

Keep it up guys!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I was searching igurbani.com which gives correct pronunciation of Gurbani. I can’t remember all of it at once. I guess it relies on more practice, like more Sehaj Paths. The meaning becomes clearer. I have noticed slight variants in it. This could be because it’s written in old Punjabi.  
    • Veer Manpreet Singh, a lay preacher, claims that -Sikhs aren't supposed to worship Guru Granth Sahib ji. -We are only supposed to worship God as is written in Guru Granth Sahib ji. -We only "revere" Guru Granth Sahib ji.     He says a lot of other things in this video, some are good refutations of Hindu superstitions, but the reformers often go too far. Anyways, what he is saying about not worshipping Guru Granth Sahib ji is totally wrong. The reason is Guru Granth Sahib ji is Guru. Guru is Satguru. Satguru is God. We worship God. Therefore, we also worship Satguru (Guru Granth Sahib ji).   There are innumerable verses in Gurbani equating God and Guru. ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਡੁਬਦਾ ਲਏ ਤਰਾਇ ॥੨॥ The Guru is the Supreme Lord and the Transcendent Master. The Guru floats (saves) the drowning one. p49   ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੁ ॥ Know the Guru and God as One. p864   ਗੁਰ ਨਾਲਿ ਤੁਲਿ ਨ ਲਗਈ ਖੋਜਿ ਡਿਠਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡੁ ॥ There is no one at par with the Guru. I have searched and seen the whole universe. p49 (If the Guru is the greatest in the whole universe, shouldn't we worship the Guru?)   I'd like to ask Manpreet Singh what is worship? Any reasonable definition would include obeisance, remembrance, and praise. Those are exactly the same things Gurbani says to do regarding Guru! Remembrance and obeisance: ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਅਪਨਾ ਸਦ ਸਦਾ ਸਮ੍ਹਾਰੇ ॥ Ever, ever, I think of the True Guru, ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਚਰਨ ਕੇਸ ਸੰਗਿ ਝਾਰੇ ॥੧॥ and the Guru's feet I brush with my head's hair. p387   Praise: ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਆਪਿ ॥ The Guru himself is the transcendent Lord and the supreme master. ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਜਾਪਿ ॥੪॥੧੬॥੬੭॥ Throughout the eight watches of the day, O Nanak meditate thou on the Guru. p387   In fact, Gurbani says the way to find God is to worship (puja) of Guru: ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਕੇ ਚਰਨ ਧੋਇ ਧੋਇ ਪੂਜਹੁ ਇਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਲਹੁ ਰੇ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ Washing and bathing the True Guru's feet, worship thou them. In this way thou shall obtain my Lord Master. Pause. p1118   Could it be any clearer that we are to worship Guru ji?
    • Bro, reciting a shorter Chaupai Sahib is hardly "anti-Dasam". It's fine to argue that the longer Chaupai is more traditional, but the short one isn't anti-Dasam. That's like claiming shorter Rehras is anti-Guru Granth Sahib ji just because there are fewer selections from Guru Granth Sahib. It might not be traditional, but it's not anti-Guru Granth Sahib. I prefer the longer versions, but let's not exaggerate. Every tradition has a slightly different Rehras version. Nanaksar vs Taksal vs Nihangs and so on. The basic template for Rehras is at the beginning of Guru Granth Sahib ji. Later, Chaupai Sahib was added and Anand Sahib always follows as the end of a process. Then some sangats added more saloks to start Rehras and others were added at the end. Some additional selections from Dasam Bani were also added, but it wasn't the same ones for every sangat. The important thing is to not hate on each other for these variations.
    • Umm, so you're upset that this jatha did Chaupai the same way it's being done at Harimandar Sahib for 100 years? Shouldn't you be upset at the manager of Darbar Sahib? I'm not saying that Sikhs who are aware of certain issues shouldn't do the longer Chaupai, but there are only so many battles you can fight. Instead of calling some jatha traitors because they're doing the (for better or worse) "standard" Chauapai published by the SGPC, it would be better to change things from the central point. You can't fault the average Sikh for picking up the average Gutka and doing paath.
    • It's the same here in Toronto. Alot of the gudwaras here are political orientated and get tons of funding from the government-probably want them stay hush hush with all the BS that has been happening with India.  These guys are skewing gurbani. A complaint was sent to a ragi singh a couple of days ago in regards to a hukamnama. 

Important Information

Terms of Use