The wierdest question u ever got as a sikh

hehe one of my co-workers asked me about my dastaar:

"so do u like have different colour for xmas, like one with flashing lights maybe??"

hehe... :|

KAur13, do you wear a blue dastar when u watch Simpsons? :TH: grin.gif

lol...come to think of it. yesss i do!!!!!!!!

haha :wub:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rsingh
'is that a tennis ball on your head?'

i also got that so many times when I was growing up and wore a Patka

others i got where

how longs your hair? does it reach the floor?

How do you wash it? How Long does it take?

when i was little, we use to have sports day, I was the only sikh in my school, Prominantly white area. wasnt good at sports, but there was this event where u had to balance a small hoop on ur head and run a race. Id always come first, some pep would get well <Edited> while i took advantage of the curcumstances.

when i was little, we use to have sports day, I was the only sikh in my school, Prominantly white area. wasnt good at sports, but there was this event where u had to balance a small hoop on ur head and run a race. Id always come first, some pep would get well <Edited> while i took advantage of the curcumstances.

lol!

I think i'm guilty of asking some of these unusual questions.. blush.gif Not some of the stupid ones though, lol its funny what some people come out with!

:wub:

These are great.

Apart from the weird questions concerning washing and keeping of my hair..I have had people ask: "do you do that yourself?" (meaning do I tie my dastar myself)

Reply: 'no, I go down to the local Turban dressers :D

(But you have to say this with a real innocent yet serious expression)

And when it's panjabi people that ask the same question I say, "pugh dressers'! he he he..

The other funny ones are:

1. 'Do you have to marry someone you have never met?'

2. 'How do you get your hair in there?'

3. 'Don't your eyebrows continue to grow if you don't pluck them?'

4. 'How can you be strong if you don't eat meat'

My reply to the last one is always something along the line of: 'There's one way to find out so name the time and place!' ha ha ha

Sometimes explaining anything to these ignorant people is like :wub: @ but if they are generally interested then I try and explain the little I know..

Guest rsingh

went down south of UK on hols, and never saw one sikh, hardly any black people, prominently white area but I found everyone to be suprisingly friend;ly, Not one racist comment,

fine as i walked throught the high street in evening i got 1 or 2 sniggers behind my back and 1 "turbanator comment, but i can laugh that of, I found it people to be accepting and not what i ecxpected at all. Uk coasts are known for the gang culture but i was very suprised, it was wiked, i prob get more comments in london which has lots is much more diverse.

I know we are talkin abouit comment made bout us but, we need to keep one thing in mind, these people are curious, let us put our selfs in there shoes for 1 Min, may be we should just give em a straight answer and at same time make relise that the Q they asked was stupid!