Alarming Rise In Sikh Boys Marrying Hindu Girls

clarity

I dont kno of this but my uncle married a gujarati and we aint heard from him since :wacko2:

HAHAHAHAHAAA this has got to be one of the best replies ever, made me laugh for ages.

And I don't know any of these mixed marriages, I also know alot of high fliers that are Punjabi Sikh by birth and not practicing but still marry into Punjabi Sikh families. I am more concerned about the MASSIVE rise in divorce in our community than anything else.

Guest RavindaSingh

*sings* dil lai gai kuri gujraat deeeee :tongue2:

sorry jio, no offense intended :smile2:

lol none taken veerji i didnt really kno him anyways

Most of the sikhs like to live under the threats which they themselves create. A sikh boy marring a hindu girl Sikh boy will convert to hinduism and a sikh girl marring a hindu guy the girl will convert. These are self made threats.

I havent seen or heard An Amritdhari Girl/Boy marring out of religion.

There is nothing alarming about that.. Those who are doing it are not aware of sikhi and it is not their fault.. Religious wise, they are very wrong as per sikh code of conduct and so are those who drink and do other manmat things more frequently than doing inter-religious marriage in our society.. Nothing new as such stuff happened in past, going on right now and will continue to happen in future.. Also, Not all hindus are bad.. there are *many* hindus who gives mad respect to sikhs..

i dont think guys of sikh background marrying hindus dont be encoraged to convert to hinduism. moreso the girls start to practice sikh religion, more than hindu and allow kids to be raised as sikhs. also the girls family have respect and participate in sikh activities i.e. respect sggs ji vist gurdwara etc.

I have seen a few of these types of weddings...BUT I have never seen one where any side has converted religion... I.e: Sikh boy marrys hindu girl...but doesnt convert to hinduism, nor does the girl convert to Sikhism... Also seen Sikh girl marrys hindu boy, but the gil doesnt convert, and the ceromy despite being against Rehit Maryada, I have seen take place in a Gurdwara...Others dont get married in a Gurdwara or Mandir and just do a registry marriage.... 99% of these weddings are where the the couple have a love marriage, i.e: they independately met each other and dayed, went out...etc..

We're not talking about children being forced to convert but adults right? It's there choice people aren't stupid. If that's what they want to do good luck to them.

We all have out own path in life, perhaps this is there's. Not everything in life has a conspiracy theory behind it.

I do know of one Sikh guy that married a Hindu girl and he's teaches his kids about Sikhi but his wife wouldn't allow him to put Singh and Kaur in the kids names.

When someone marries someone from a different faith isn't it better to keep them involved in our families rather than disowning them?

By keeping in contact with them in someway Sikhi will always remain with them. Think about it, if a girl married a muslim and converted we usually stop talking with her and they just go off never to be seen again, If the muslim/ hindu was welcomed they'd probs feel more awkward. I think sometimes we make it too easy for them by just telling our girls/ boys we never want to speak with them again.

Just as a side thought - I was at a wedding last year and there were a few white people, they all did mutha tekh infront of SGGS Ji, would we ever see a muslim or hindu do this?

Just as a side thought - I was at a wedding last year and there were a few white people, they all did mutha tekh infront of SGGS Ji, would we ever see a muslim or hindu do this?

Next time when you are in India Just visit Gurdwara Bangla sahib .You will find 60% of sangat Hindu .They all matha tek,and even do sewa at Gurdwara.

Also the guy you have mnentioned must be a joru kaa ghulam .Hindu and muslim men never allow their kids to be raised against their faith then why sikh men are allowing it? If we have sikh men who cannot stand against their own wives then we have no future

Exactly arranged by whom and why out of a community we have nothing in common with open your eyes people

In 2 of the 3 cases both the grooms were cut surds . so i guess the brides ' folks didnt mind marrying off their kids to the guys .In the 3rd case the bride and her entire family converted to sikhs from Brahmins .