ALCOHOL being served in GURUDWARA

Mkhalsa

Bhain, Kava is kind of Kashmiri cha....it is used in Punjab also. i guess it is nothing worse than tea.. :T: just has that colour.

I think if the are serving alcohol...that is a big deal. i don't know what to say on kava.

Ok just for a note, if something like this happens in the future(alcohol, smoke, other beadbi) and you are sure of it....go together in a group of concerned people, have a spokesman:

1. Contact the Gurdwara Management Commt.

2. Refer to them about the Sikh Rehat Maryada (they probably know of it). Get their stand on the issue.

3. Tell that straight-forward that if they continue to do allow such beadbi, a serious step will be taken.

4. Before doing it send some fax to Akal Takht, or contact someone in SGPC...so the step local sangat takes is known to the authorities.

5. If the management does not do anything and openly declares it's disbelief in the Sikh Rehat, tell them that you will not accept any such acts besides Sri Guru Granth Sahib. And if it is continued, you will be forced to remove the Saroops.

6. If the situations gets at this point; peacefully remove the Saroops from the Gurdwara. This is not to be done violently, remember you are living in a foreign country...God knows what people may make out such a step. the "Ontario Grewal Baba" thing went well, with Waheguru's Kirpa....but be careful.

7. Once all the Saroops are removed....their "Gurdwara" is no move than a cult-temple. they can do whatever they may like there.

8. If t

he situations gets bad, request Akal Takht to declare a tankh or issue a legal statement [Hukamnama] on the issue to the local sangat.

My humble opinion.

ps. and for the post made about Nirankaaris. Brother, they are not Sikhs and we have nothing to do with them. Leave them alone. If they do OPEN parchaar like in Amritsar 1978, like the mushroom group in london...is that is the case...a serious step should be taken. but if they are at their local dera temple....worshiping their fake gurus...let them do whatever they do. for such things....PARCHAAR is needed, not "serious actions".

and for the Batras, there are some Batreh on this forum...discuss the matters that you disagree upon before rusing to the site. Veero, i have been reading some things about Batreh, they have a rich history. the Bhat Vahis were written by them. Bhat singers have there Banis added to Sri Guru Granth Sahib. They were celestial singers of Guru-ghar. i don't understand what you have against them?? am i wrong :wub:

deep singh veer ji, i think the kava in this case only has the name in common with indian word kava. If you read the linsk provided by Satpreet it says that kava is like a drug which actually makes you fall asleep but wont give u the hang over. It has the same effects as of alcohol but no hangover.

if a person who is not in his/her senses then he/she should not be in the presence of Guru Granth sahib jee, firstly because its disrespectful and secondly because that person can do something disrespectful toward Guru ji.

Since i was a boy, my mum and sisters have been going to the Gurdwara, just like everyone's sisters and mothers go. one wud think that Gurdwara is quite safe for our bibiyas but not if we have groups of men there who are under the influence of some drug.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

no...that's not apositive solution.. why do people always wanna resort to the violent solution?!?!

as was stated above, some have tried talking to the committee, but it didnt work. i guess the next best thing is to take a buncha singhs with shasters to try to intimidate them, but if that doesnt work, you may have to use force to stop the beadbi.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!