rakhria

Mehtab Singh

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes and he pointed his feet towards it when he got there and only went to show them they were wrong!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

guru nanak sahib was rite, god is everywhere not just east or west rolleyes.gif

and if ur tryig to say they are wrong on rakhdi, paaji daas suggest pls read the thread, daas never told to go into rituals daas only said " mun rakho if the situation comes" todays world is not of these things if we want ki naal naal chalean again i say u must indulge in many of those activity jide naal "pyar vade" gurujee knows why r we doing this, i bet gurujee will be more happy then sad :wub:

and paaji u said he ONLY went for there to show?

how we know that gurujee went ONLY for this maybe gurujee wanted to do darshan of makka or any other thing or maybe to show them they r wrong also we cant qoute on one thing.

bhul chuk kheema

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

ms514 paaji very very true ^_^ if we belive other than akal purkh we r going to jooni true.

lolll again i say i said in earlier post no one can force u to do pooja on anything, pooja and yatra is by ur heart :wub: if ur visting those place with a hndu freind and in ur heart is only akal purlkh and no one paaji i say we should go for it koi tension nahi, again ur doing this for someone u love

visiting those places by urself i suggest is wrong WHY bescuse idol worship is wrong , and if in mander there would be only ardhna of akalpurkh" nirankar" and not idol worship, then i would had gone because aradhna u can do anywhere its mander,masjid,church anywhere.

my 2 cents i know im a moorakh no 1 lolllllll tongue.gif

god is one we r one and im very very bad now days :cool:

Sat Sri Akal:

Moorakh Mugadh Ji, I hope that you are not feeling singled out (even though you are... :e: ...but not doing it out of some negative felings).

The reason for Guru Nanak Sahib Ji going to Mecca is clearly stated by Bhai Gurdas Ji in his Vaaran...which was to tell the Muslims that there is no singluar direction/place in which the Almighty resides, so bowing in the "more favored" direction of Mecca will not accomplish anything. Nowhere in those Vaaran is it stated that Guru Sahib actually desired a darshan of the Kaaba for some spiritual purposes.

if a Hindu or Muslim woman wants to tie a Rakhi on you, fine...you are bound to be entire world's protector.  BUT if a Sikh woman wants to tie a Rakhi on her brother or someone who she sees as a brother...that is a behavior that is not in line with Gurmat as every Sikh should be able to defend herself/himself and should not need to tie a thread on anyone for promises of assistance in the time of need.

Now that makes 100% sense. I couldn't agree more! Well said ms514 veerjee ^_^ :wub:

Sat Sri Akal:

Moorakh Mugadh Ji, I hope that you are not feeling singled out (even though you are... :e: ...but not doing it out of some negative felings).

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

paaji by ur this saying it proves u love daas ^_^ and i love u too veerje :wub: i have never felt alone in sikhsangat ^_^ by grace of gurunanak this is my 2nd house with my bro and sis here ^_^

dhan sangat

i wore a rakhrey for one or two hours this past weekend cauz my sis wanted to put it on me.. I know where my gursikhi level is and i don't believe in daga or anything.. ALSO keeping in mind that wearing a thread is not gonna effect my sikhi in anyway so why not wear it? why not keep my lil sis happy and not offend her feelings.... Sometime one has to think "What will be the outcome of ur actions.. positive or negative? Would it effect your sikhi? If yes then don't do it (but don't tell others "Not to do") If NO, then go ahead wear it keep ur lil sis dil.. tongue.gif

rakhri i guess is kids holiday stuff.. like sisters under 18 and stuff.. adults don't bother to do this <admin-profanity filter activated> :wub:

keeping in mind that wearing a thread is not gonna effect my sikhi in anyway so why not wear it? why not keep my lil sis happy and not offend her feelings....

This is why veerji, we think about ourselves...

Im not pointing fingers veerji dont get me wrong.. i sometimes carelessly do this too :wub:

Yes, gurmat tells us we should look at ourselves first but also others too. If we just want to keep her dil, do not explain to her what gurmat tells us, what if she gets into more and more hindu n other rituals, hence forgets totally about sikhi. (This is towards all bibian, and expecially in my case where my sisters would rather know more about other religion expect our own.) I do not blame them, its the society and parents to blaim but thats a totally different issue.

The main point here is, we say we do it just to keep the other persons feelings. So what would that other person learn out of it. That rakhi is part of sikhi !?!?! THAT THESE KIND OF RITUALS WE CAN DOO !?! Why are we thinking of ourselves more, not only we should get more and more into sikhi, but we should get others attached also. Guru ji even says in bani.

I hope i made sense.... :cool: ... bhul chuk maph!