rakhria

Mehtab Singh

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Guru Nanaks sisters tie a rakhria on Guru Nanak Dev Ji
does there have to be a reason for a sister to show love towards her brother.
Guru Gobind Singh Jee wanted His daughters to be brave and independent. So He gave both Singhs and Kaurs the sarbloh kara rather than a thread.

:| i dont think u understand wot rakhria is for, by wearing a rakhri it doesnt mean u need to take of your kara, its only for 1 day

im guessing becuase at that time the khalsa was'nt made where women were more independant had lead wars.

wot does a rakhri have to do with this

does there have to be a reason for a sister to show love towards her brother.
sher veere there are loads of other ways to show love. Plus why should one show it?
:| i dont think u understand wot rakhria is for, by wearing a rakhri it doesnt mean u need to take of your kara, its only for 1 day
bipran ki reet is still not Gurmat even if its for a second veerjee. Why should a woman depend on a man? Gurujee gave kirpan to both for self defense. He never differentiated. It sometimes seems more like a female subjugation rather than expression of love.

Why did Guru Jee sister tie one on Guru Jee that is the question, now we needan answer,

No, in fact was specifically against such action as it IS a meaningless ritual that brings no fuit and in some ways can be viewed as a symbol of oppression aginst women. these hindu threads r frail and break easily, i would love to see if a man could even bend my kara let alone break it.

plz dont say u read it in a book, just because its in a book does not mean its true, just because its old does not mean its true.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Im stemed out from a hindu background....gonna be a khalsa soon btw(whenever Guruji bestows his kirpa )...i don't see anything wrong with my sisters wanting to tie rakhi on me...its just like kinda respecting their religion...its their way of life and we shouldn't hurt peoples feelings......so if someone brings u a rakhi..u shouldn't be like yo i don't tie that etc.....just my two cents

bhul chuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

So why do us sikhs celebrate rakhria.

lol simple logic is the answer to this

since rakhria is a ritual which sikhism is against, the followers of sikhism therefore do not practice rakhria. i realise some ppl will call themselves sikhs yet do not belive in sikhism however this is the obvious contradition between somone who says he is a sikh and somone who guroo sahib actually does recognise as a sikh to a basic extent event.

so what you said is bit of a non question as sikhs do not celebrate rakhria

if i was to say im a hindu and then ate beef would i really be a hindu? same logic u see(although i do accept that in hinduism that anyone is hindu even if they dont belive in it, which is pretty weird )

either i missed it or the question hasn't been answered yet......

i want to know the same thing cuz I saw a picture hanging in someone's home of Guru Nanak Dev ji having a rakhri tied on his arm by his sister. If he didn't accept the junaeu why would he accept a rakhri? our raakhi is God, not our brother, that's part of what a kara is for to remind us that. (nice response to this by someone above, sorry forgot name. )

so really, whats up with that?

thanx ^_^

either i missed it or the question hasn't been answered yet......

i want to know the same thing cuz I saw a picture hanging in someone's home of Guru Nanak Dev ji having a rakhri tied on his arm by his sister. If he didn't accept the junaeu why would he accept a rakhri? our raakhi is God, not our brother, that's part of what a kara is for to remind us that. (nice response to this by someone above, sorry forgot name. )

so really, whats up with that?

thanx ^_^

i can see even more obvious examples need to be given

use ur head veer, sikhi is against this

therefore if i make a picture depicting me cutting ur head off does that mean it actually happened?

i cannot understand why anyone would even consider that rakhari is a sikh concept when sikhi clearly says oposite

your picture, ur mother, ur baba down the road, ur uncle whos a granthi, u, or me etc.. are NOT the authority on sikhi to say anything, guroo sahib is the ultimate authroity on sikhi and i find it hard how ur getting to this conclusion based on some picture when that picture isnt the sikh guroo let alone have any authority on any matter in relation to sikhi, sri guroo granth sahib jee howev

er is so rather than looking at wot ur pic on the wall says why not ask what guroo sahib says, wouldnt that make a bit more sense (a bit too much sense for punjabis it would seem)