rakhria

Mehtab Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

don't see anything wrong with my sisters wanting to tie rakhi on me...its just like kinda respecting their religion...its their way of life and we shouldn't hurt peoples feelings......so if someone brings u a rakhi..u shouldn't be like yo i don't tie that etc.....just my two cents

bhul chuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

well said veerje :wub: ^_^

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either i missed it or the question hasn't been answered yet......

i want to know the same thing cuz I saw a picture hanging in someone's home of Guru Nanak Dev ji having a rakhri tied on his arm by his sister. If he didn't accept the junaeu why would he accept a rakhri? our raakhi is God, not our brother, that's part of what a kara is for to remind us that. (nice response to this by someone above, sorry forgot name. )

so really, whats up with that?

thanx ^_^

Basically pics show anything the artist wants to show iinit

they're all paintings

As for Rakhri - yeah im against it - no thread should be put on the arm

B-U-T a Brotherhood hug can be given to akknowledge your relationship - but isnt't tha more liek 'moh' :T:

so im not really sure

but the thread thing is out of limit :T:

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo

Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Rakhria are supposed symbolize something like brothers protecting their sisters....but do you really need a piece of string to do that..i mean if your sister is standing there being hurt or something....do you need to look at that string on your arm and be reminded to help her out?...no....and yeah...women are independant also...and "raakhi" is more on the hindu side of things isnt it?....not sikhi at all....but these days people are celebrating other things that aren't sikhi-related...Christmas for example :T: ..thats just my opinion on this topic!

forgive me for my mistakes...

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Great Views Khalsa Singh! :wub:

Think about it. Guru Nanak Dev ji wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings, ESPECIALLY if someone is doing it out of love, he would rather say, "If it makes you happy go a head" but he will also ask you why you're doing it, and the purpose behind it. Main thing is not to hurt anyone's feelings because this is where haumai comes in and it makes you think you're above all this worldly/ritualistic stuff.

If it makes someone happy and doesn't hurt someone's feelings, also doesn't give a bad impression to everyone then go ahead.

My two cents. ^_^

Think about it. Guru Nanak Dev ji wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings, ESPECIALLY if someone is doing it out of love, he would rather say, "If it makes you happy go a head" but he will also ask you why you're doing it, and the purpose behind it. Main thing is not to hurt anyone's feelings because this is where haumai comes in and it makes you think you're above all this worldly/ritualistic stuff.

If it makes someone happy and doesn't hurt someone's feelings, also doesn't give a bad impression to everyone then go ahead.

My two cents. ^_^

dont mean 2 be nasty just in a rush but with regards to homai, maybe its better for me if u didnt complement me ((< :-)

besides i was pretty rude in my replies anyway, mainly because it was getting to the point of banging heads against the wall in order to crack the pindu mentality

any pictures of the gurus should be ignored because as sikhs we should not have any faith in pictures. bani is Guru, when people bowed before Guru nanak dev ji it was to the divine JOT they were bowing to not his physical form.

anyways just look at the pics out there, they show Guru nanak DEv Ji as a jolly large man, for God's sake Guru Ji walked all the way to Baghdad! And Guru Gobind Singh Ji is depicted as some gOrra from england with super fair skin, he was born in Bihar! The beauty of our Gurus cannot be captured by any painting, the beauty lies in Bani.

The pic of Guru nanak Dev Ji getting a rakhri tied is useless as an example, the RSS has made pics of the gURUs with Shiva and Krishna even one with a cow being milked and the Gurus arre shown coming out as milk. Just dumb stuff.

My two cents. ^_^

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

again nice post ^_^ i would tell. today mucslims also celbrate rakhi, no one tells woeman is kam strong then man a

big NO, its just a matter of love towards ur brother, i do agree there are many other ways too if there are many other ways many ich aa bhe aa gaya ta ki hunda, today many hindus muslim they clebrate lohri, veshaki they never said this is sikhi twhar, they come with love and take blessing of our gurujee, we should not behave like taliban style, be neutral , guru kirpa naal be in ur reaht plus dont break anyonce heart bhul chuk kheema sangato.