Do Sikhs believe in other Holy Men?

Gallah ek tarah deh kardeh neh, parh kamh hor tarah deh.

Fir bibian nu pashan dhindeh neh.

Eh curious bhandah sariyah nuh ullhoo banah reha. Akha kholo.

You what, mate? I'm actually of your frame of mind. I think she's trolling us but you come out with that rubbish above? What are you talking about?

If you never "got" what I was saying I meant the forummer known as 'curioustoknow' was using her position as a female to ask these questions about the Sikh faith, and as some men have a predilection to tolerate behaviour originating from females that would otherwise be intolerable from a male, the forummer known as 'curioustoknow' is banking on this tolerance to push her luck. I could be wrong about her and I apologised to her for that.

So what's the deal with the nonsense with the video and the plea for everyone to "open their eyes".

You what, mate? I'm actually of your frame of mind. I think she's trolling us but you come out with that rubbish above? What are you talking about?

If you never "got" what I was saying I meant the forummer known as 'curioustoknow' was using her position as a female to ask these questions about the Sikh faith, and as some men have a predilection to tolerate behaviour originating from females that would otherwise be intolerable from a male, the forummer known as 'curioustoknow' is banking on this tolerance to push her luck. I could be wrong about her and I apologised to her for that.

So what's the deal with the nonsense with the video and the plea for everyone to "open their eyes".

Sigh...I was agreeing with you...

What's the need to even declare that you are a Muslim? Why do you have to put that Muslim slogan in your signature?

If you really didn't want to ruffle any feathers, then you would just come here and ask about Sikhism, without indirectly promoting your own faith.

People have directed you towards videos and other things, but you say "Oh, I watched it but I didn't gain anything, and everyone was attacking me because I am a Muslim." People aren't crazy, they won't attack you unless you give them a reason. I doubt you even watched the videos.

You quote Sakhis of Guru Nanak, but then don't give sources. You say, "Oh, it was in all the books I read about him." Really? You can't give us a name of a single one of them?

You still haven't answered why your avatar is a picture if you without a hijab, when you stated in your original post you have started to wear your hijab. Also, what about your Sikh friends? Why haven't you asked them these questions? You haven't even asked your Sikh "lover". You said he was more religious now, so he should be able to answer some of your queries.

All these things considered, lead me to believe that you are here to waste our time and question our own faith. When you ask a question, you are not satisfied with any of the answers. So your aim seems to be to question Sikh beliefs, and not actually learn anything.

Lori,

We respect all other holy men before and after Sri guru Nanak dev Ji. We accept their existence as positive to humankind. However, if you are asking that whether we believe in their teachings then personally I have to say that I do not.

Why and why not?

1. No other religious head wrote text and many fail in trying to authenticate that religious Scriptures written by holy man itself. This is different with sikhi as our gurus took extra step of noting down every teaching they taught in most practical form. Whole Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee is by our gurus in 100%.

2. No religion or society ever given 100% equal rights to female gender. Even USA who is well known as defender of women right around the world, gave women voting right some 60 yrs ago. In sikhi this happened in 1400's. Many of our religious institutions ran solely by women folks since 1469. We have female granthi (priest), head of sgpc (sikh org like Vatican). I don't see female iman/mullah or priest. neither we will see female gender running Mecca or Vatican.

3. Earth is flat. Many religious scripts are not inline with most of today's scientist discoveries. Just few months ago, there was a news saying that there are Xxxx amount species living on our earth. Though they are not total accurate but very close to what our religious scripts pointed out number of species living on our earth. Only in this century human or west discovered truth about universe and Big Bang theory but all of this was already mentioned by our gurus ages ago.

4. Sikh gurus said that if you are Muslim then be a good Muslim, if Hindu then be a good Hindu. This shows the respect our gurus had for other religion. However we all know what other current religious practice thinks of other religion followers. Muslim says that if u r not Muslim then u r kafir or christian says that 'you are going to hell' if u do not hold Christ as your guru.

Above are just few things that differentiate sikh gurus with other religious heads.

So to your question of sukhs believing in teachings of other holy men. No, we don't but in reality we do respect all religions and this can be practically proven by our gurus handwritten scripture. Point me official document from Vatican or from Mecca which shows acceptance of other religion?

Lori, I can suggest you to do independent research by start reading our gurus written scripture online and then only you can find answers for your questions. You must try to free your mind from thoughts before reading any scriptures.

Okay so I wrote a whole long post but it got deleted so in summary

1. Do as your Guru told you to do, let go of ego. If it boosts your ego to insult me or to judge me based on my shortcomings, which I am truly repentant for and will probably be judged for by God, then hurray for you, but I am just encouraging you glisten to your own spiritual leader

2. I do not have a sikh"lover" it has been months since I decided to change, so really get a life and look at your own fails before judging someone else.

3. Do research on Guru Nanaak...I have brought up things that are supposed to be widely known by the sikh community about Guru Nanaak that you guys insist on me referencing...if you don't even know three history of your own Guru, don't throw insults this way, look into your own faults and maybe see before you speak that you don't know everything either.

4. As far as reading the sikh holy books,I want to but I'm scared to. If I'm wrong in my curiosity about sikhism,I could go to hell, don't insist on me reading them and push them on me,I will read them when I am ready to.

5. I am not preaching Islam our I would find a way to quote the quran or prophet Muhammad PBUH in every post and maybe you are thinking if someone else who is doing this, but I am not.

6. I came here because I was tired of the racism of muslims...do you know that even muslims call me kafr ONLY because I live in America? Forget that it is my native nation, but I really cannot even leave America without abandoning my children because the courts have ordered that they cannot leave America, I'm not going to get into detail about this, its personal.

7. I'm not accepted by Americans because I an native, I'm not accepted by muslims because I am American,I am not accepted by most of the world because I am white, and I'm nor accepted by white because I an Muslim...I thought the one place I could go to some kind of understanding would be the sikhs because they are so misunderstood themselves.

8. I'm not 100% sure about Islam because of how muslims act but the one thing I am sure of is God and that I want to submit to his will.

9. I'm sorry for posting my pic, but I got so many saying they didn't believe my nationality that I just wanted everyone to kinda have an idea...yes I should've been wearing my scarf, but you couldn't see what I looked like then...I'm sorry if it offended you, I'm not here to offend anyone

10. And I saved this for last because it is the most important to me...I am beginning to Getty a better knowledge of sikhism even with all the insults. Thank you for those who have tolerance and are trying to help me understand further, it means a lot to me.

One last thing...what"behavior" are you talking about that wouldn't be accepted if I was a man? And how am I using my status as a female to"get by" with this unacceptable "behavior"?

curioustoknow ji,

You mentioned you are native. I am intrigued by native culture, their respect to nature and nature laws. Can you please let me know core beliefs of native? I think native and sikhs can relate to lots of things. Lets discuss something which we can relate to it or something around it?

I am beginning to think this whole thing is pointless. I am also beginning to have suspicions about Curioustoknow also. And it isn't because she is a muslim before anyone starts on my case. The mindset portrayed by Curiuostoknow on other posts suggests she is confused (call me Captain Obvious) and is herslef setting herself up for failure. Her insistence she will go to hell shows how her four years of research on Sikhi falls on it's face. Someone knowledgeable should dedicate themselves to answering her questions full time. The rest of us will only confuse her with concepts that cannot transcend the language barrier.

Okay so I wrote a whole long post but it got deleted so in summary

1. Do as your Guru told you to do, let go of ego. If it boosts your ego to insult me or to judge me based on my shortcomings, which I am truly repentant for and will probably be judged for by God, then hurray for you, but I am just encouraging you glisten to your own spiritual leader

2. I do not have a sikh"lover" it has been months since I decided to change, so really get a life and look at your own fails before judging someone else.

3. Do research on Guru Nanaak...I have brought up things that are supposed to be widely known by the sikh community about Guru Nanaak that you guys insist on me referencing...if you don't even know three history of your own Guru, don't throw insults this way, look into your own faults and maybe see before you speak that you don't know everything either.

4. As far as reading the sikh holy books,I want to but I'm scared to. If I'm wrong in my curiosity about sikhism,I could go to hell, don't insist on me reading them and push them on me,I will read them when I am ready to.

5. I am not preaching Islam our I would find a way to quote the quran or prophet Muhammad PBUH in every post and maybe you are thinking if someone else who is doing this, but I am not.

6. I came here because I was tired of the racism of muslims...do you know that even muslims call me kafr ONLY because I live in America? Forget that it is my native nation, but I really cannot even leave America without abandoning my children because the courts have ordered that they cannot leave America, I'm not going to get into detail about this, its personal.

7. I'm not accepted by Americans because I an native, I'm not accepted by muslims because I am American,I am not accepted by most of the world because I am white, and I'm nor accepted by white because I an Muslim...I thought the one place I could go to some kind of understanding would be the sikhs because they are so misunderstood themselves.

8. I'm not 100% sure about Islam because of how muslims act but the one thing I am sure of is God and that I want to submit to his will.

9. I'm sorry for posting my pic, but I got so many saying they didn't believe my nationality that I just wanted everyone to kinda have an idea...yes I should've been wearing my scarf, but you couldn't see what I looked like then...I'm sorry if it offended you, I'm not here to offend anyone

10. And I saved this for last because it is the most important to me...I am beginning to Getty a better knowledge of sikhism even with all the insults. Thank you for those who have tolerance and are trying to help me understand further, it means a lot to me.

One last thing...what"behavior" are you talking about that wouldn't be accepted if I was a man? And how am I using my status as a female to"get by" with this unacceptable "behavior"?

None of us are displaying any ego. We patiently answered all of your questions

You are the one who said you were intimate with this Sikh guy, who you want to marry. I'm just repeating what you said. How are you even going to marry him if you disagree with Sikh beliefs?

You state stories of Guru Nanak, but then don't provide sources when asked. Proof that you are making it up.

Why do you say that you will go to hell if you read Guru Granth Sahib? See, you are indirectly putting down our faith. You could have simply said " Sorry, I don't feel like reading it right now."

Like others have said, who in their right mind puts a pic of themselves as their avatar? Unless that's not your real picture.

Why is other peoples misfortune funny veerji. As Sikh we should remain humble, no matter if somebody says something that is completely false, if they believe in it, then we should respect it. no matter how stupid we may think it is. Its same in society today and at work, if somebody puts across a poor idea which they think is good, we do not laugh about it.

I'm going to laugh as it serves a purpose in this situations. Many like to take things out of context here. This is not first time people did it on this forum. IF some naive person like the Christain lady said it, i wouldn't laugh as i stated i didn't laugh. Instead of understanding the situation, you found the opportunity to say the above when it was not even warranted.

If it makes you happy you should have added more to the above post.

Lori some people are ignorant and some aren't in all races and religions.If there was no ignorance this world would be a better place.

Dont stop asking questions.

A saint was told to grab something from the water where a snake lived.When he put his hand in the water the snake bit him.Then he put his hand in again and it bit him again.This kept on happening.After half an hour a villager asked why he was doing it the saint replied by saying" I have to get that thing even if it kills me"

Now the morale of this story is never give up.

You are trying to get answers to find god and how many bites you recive you should keep trying.

Also to the haters.Guru maharaj Ji would never reject some one because they were of different religion or race.What you guys are doing is racist.

Lori some people are ignorant and some aren't in all races and religions.If there was no ignorance this world would be a better place.

Dont stop asking questions.

A saint was told to grab something from the water where a snake lived.When he put his hand in the water the snake bit him.Then he put his hand in again and it bit him again.This kept on happening.After half an hour a villager asked why he was doing it the saint replied by saying" I have to get that thing even if it kills me"

Now the morale of this story is never give up.

You are trying to get answers to find god and how many bites you recive you should keep trying.

Also to the haters.Guru maharaj Ji would never reject some one because they were of different religion or race.What you guys are doing is racist.

Thank you...thank you...thank you!

And the story was cute :) And I say that as a good thing, I could just picture it in my mind.