Perfume spraying

Bundha

I remember seeing a video from above of Guru Maharaj's palki in front of Akal Takht sahib at sukh asan time and there were dozens of people holding air freshner cans spraying it everywhere and there was a massive cloud of air freshner.

With all respect to Guru Jee, I don't think it really healthy for people standing there and the general environment because that stuff is toxic. India has the most air pollution in the world, and I don't think they want any more. Why not just add an air purifier? A scent doesn't really seem necessary and I think it does more bad than good.

Veer ji ,

we anoit Guru ji's asan with perfume just as we would complete full dressing of Guru ji , just as we do kimmti rumaley, Ornaments of Palki Sahib ,Chaur Sahib and Chatar overhead , these are all signs of respect of our Sache Patshah , Its Royalty- a necessary step to take . Yes I would reject all synthetic sprays as they have perfume mixes of unknown sources plus carcinogenic preservatives, simple essential oils are traceable, unadulterated and non carcinogenic . Plus there is a world of difference between dabbing a couple of drops onto the asan rather than filling the air with aerosols .

Lol some of you guys are ridiculous. Over zealous is the perfect word to describe some of the people in here.

Bro ,

I was speaking of practicalities of selection ...I personally wouldn't want to smear the deer gland juice over my King or destroy the integrity of his clothes through acidic action of general perfumes ...bakhi sarian da marji...

How about lighting some nice incense - I dont think they contain any alcohol.

Perfumes are not only dangerous because of the alcohol but also because they do interfere with many of the normal body processes. They are not recommended for use in pregnancy due to effects on the unborn child. They can affect the future fertility of younger boys when their mums use it too often around them.

They affect the way our natural hormones work and response. They can ruin our bodies, so they are not too healthy for us either.

It has become a fashion to load yourself with these chemicals before you step out of the house lest someone smells you and recognizes that you are a human being. What are we trying to be- walking and talking flowers?

How about lighting some nice incense - I dont think they contain any alcohol.

Perfumes are not only dangerous because of the alcohol but also because they do interfere with many of the normal body processes. They are not recommended for use in pregnancy due to effects on the unborn child. They can affect the future fertility of younger boys when their mums use it too often around them.

They affect the way our natural hormones work and response. They can ruin our bodies, so they are not too healthy for us either.

It has become a fashion to load yourself with these chemicals before you step out of the house lest someone smells you and recognizes that you are a human being. What are we trying to be- walking and talking flowers?

Agree, some people smell like the beauty and fragrance section of a department store, Guruji do not smell of anything, they have the fragrance in their Gurbani already, so why the need to spray perfumes around them?

And as for people, what's wrong with using normal ( alcohol free it they want) deodorants, they too have a fragrance, but overpowering as these strong perfumes and aftershaves, which can be worn elsewhere.

The 'alcohol' has nothing to do wth it.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is our living Guru. For those of you here that think you're doing a good thing by suffocating our living Guru with harmful chemicals let me do this one thing to you:

Let me spray just one little squirt in the direction of your face and then you'll see how much it hurts your throat, interferes with your breathing, makes you feel nauseous.

Your're all educated people. Think before you do things. Think before you perform mindless rituals. Think how these rituals came about. Understand how uneducated men invented these rituals that serve no positive purpose and are actually in direct contradiction with Gurbani. In this example, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji says that the air and environment is Waheguru and yet you people are such simpletons you think you're dsplaying your 'respect' for him by destroying him....i.e pumping harmful chemicals into the air (waheguru) ? :omg:

as the second poster said it all about Shardha. more the sharda more you stay careful and care about tiny things because a shardawan really cares.

i remember a friend was who had to do guru maharaj's seva and he took shower and realized that the shower gel he used contained alcohol.

It is pretty serious when u think that you are going to do seva and u just took an alcoholic shower.

but at the same time most of the folks would say there is no need to worry as it just a chemical.

So I am not trying to prove anyone right ot wrong but it is all about your pyaar shardha and how far u can go when it comes to guru sahib ji's seva.

Bro ,

I was speaking of practicalities of selection ...I personally wouldn't want to smear the deer gland juice over my King or destroy the integrity of his clothes through acidic action of general perfumes ...bakhi sarian da marji...

I understand your point of view and agree, but the alcohol topic mentioned by others is ridiculous.

The 'alcohol' has nothing to do wth it.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is our living Guru. For those of you here that think you're doing a good thing by suffocating our living Guru with harmful chemicals let me do this one thing to you:

Let me spray just one little squirt in the direction of your face and then you'll see how much it hurts your throat, interferes with your breathing, makes you feel nauseous.

Your're all educated people. Think before you do things. Think before you perform mindless rituals. Think how these rituals came about. Understand how uneducated men invented these rituals that serve no positive purpose and are actually in direct contradiction with Gurbani. In this example, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji says that the air and environment is Waheguru and yet you people are such simpletons you think you're dsplaying your 'respect' for him by destroying him....i.e pumping harmful chemicals into the air (waheguru) ? :omg:

This I understand and support, the chemical aspect. But the whole alcohol thing? Sheer stupidity.