Say no to Guru's pictures

panthicunity

I'm glad that you can see through the same lens as me ! :biggrin2:

Mala is a means to an end to aid for concentration.Mala is not the central point. Moreover shabad is not posted by you.

It was posted by johal with a sarcastic attitude.

Anyway, we should take the shabad for what it is , and I don't think they should be posted as ammunition for sarcasm in any way.

I hope and don't think that was Johal's intention, i'm sure he knows better on how to quote a shabad in help making a point or answering a question.

Luckysingh ji

I know you are a supporter of central idea of Gurmat that emphasizes on Naam simran. My post was directed to those who write such shabads and have no idea how that stage is reached. Such people do literal interpretation.

I'm glad that you can see through the same lens as me ! :biggrin2:

Anyway, we should take the shabad for what it is , and I don't think they should be posted as ammunition for sarcasm in any way.

I hope and don't think that was Johal's intention, i'm sure he knows better on how to quote a shabad in help making a point or answering a question.

Can Johal tell us how a seeker reaches that stage.He does not know how to quote a shabad as his intention is to condemn Mala as revealed in his previous post to this where he sarcastically says photo shows Mala in Guru sahib's hand.So his is literal interpretation.

• 3 weeks later...

Is my language like farsi that no one with intellect can understand ?? :stupidme:

Or do I talk to a brick wall and some members will just pick out a few words to interpret their own meaning ??

Kindly tell me what your interpretation of the whole shabad is, since my version is a load codswallop ! :stupidme:

UK = Paji those care about the future of the Sikh Panth can understand your faith in Sikhi just fine.

Mod Edit- Someone report this if the video is inappropriate. I can't be bothered to check right now

• 1 year later...

I always imagined the akkar of gurbani as a kid because I did not know what my Guru could look like ...seemed to work fine.

Bani Guru, Guru hai Bani, vich Bani Amrit sare

Exactly sister! The type of peeps that want pix of Guru's are types that support movies with actors depicting Guru's.

its not idol worship b/c peope bowing down to the guru dont think they are bowing to guru ji, but to what guru ji represents, it's something to help remind us and help coonect w/ guru ji

most people dont even bow to them anyway tho

I think you'll find Veer ji that up to 80% matha tek 'just cos others do' and think of nothing before, during or after ...it becomes pointless then . I was always told that we make our minds lower before Guru ji because our state of agianta can only be changed by the blessing of nimrata , and kirpa of Guru ji , that Guru ji's Gian is the only gian we really need to strive for (just like other worldly padaraths worldly gian comes as a consequence of our bhagti) . I always consider Guru Granth Sahib ji as the residing place of the Jot of shabad guru , and 'jitte jahe bahae Mera Satguru , so thaan suhave Ram Raje'. By touching our foreheads in the dust of the sangat , we again are blessed ' Gurusika so thaan paliaa , leh dhur mukh lavaa ' the end point ? 'sae jant bhae harivaleae, jine Mera Satgur dekheiya jaee' are minds and souls are made fruitful by doing this true darshan of Guru ji and listening to his Bani

"Guru ki moorat mann meh dhyaan" Bring the image of Guru in your awareness.

For that, we need some images as a tool. Some people use it as a meditative tool, its all about how to raise your consciousness. For some it helps increase their devotion and love for the guru. We are all students at various spiritual stages, some need more gross tools than others. I definitely need the beautiful and lovely saroop of my father Guru Gobind Singh ji from Hazoor Sahib. Guru jis face is so beautiful, the most beautiful eyes ever seen, sohnni kalgi prakash, and a beautiful aura. That image of my father invokes devotion in me and thousand others.

If you were not supposed to admire the images or pictures of Guru jis, then why did Bhai Nand Lal ji wrote so intricately about the single details of Guru Gobind Singh Jis beautiful hair. By missionaries's logic their body would be an idol so you cannot praise the beauty of the Guru. Where do you draw the line?

My vichar is ,to each their own, if an image helps someone feel connected then let him be that way . That person is not hurting you in any way..he is only hurting your ego by not confining to your standards of sikhi. If you dont like pictures, then no problem, stop preaching to others against it and stop confusing the new sangat. Just let it be, chill, do your bhagti, and move on.

How would you translate the pankti " Gur ki moorat mann meh dhyaan"?

And how can one do dhyan of Nirgun saroop ?

put dhian in bani: Guru ka shabad , gurmoorat hai, now I think about the bani arth while doing naam.