Shameless Punjabi Actress

JSinghnz

there are many aspects to look at this..at the end of day it depends on intent of individual...

You're right veer, intention is always important to take note of. If this was some non-Sikh non-Punjabi actress, we would have reacted differently and given her benefit of doubt that she probably isn't aware of the satkaar that we give to Gurbani. But this is in fact a girl from a proper Punjabi Sikh background and who grew up not in Punjab but Canada where Sikhi flourishes a lot more than Punjab according to some opinions. She has no excuse to say she didn't know. Also, just because Maskeen jee had an Ikk Oangkaar tattoo on his hand doesn't make it right. Maybe his elders got it done on him when he was a kid and hadn't taken Amrit yet? Who knows! I repeat Johnny veer's words - Just because the previous generation did something wrong doesn't make it okay to follow. This beadbi wala trend must be discouraged.

Just because the previous generation did something wrong doesn't make it okay to follow. This beadbi wala trend must be discouraged

Yes agreed if its trend/sheep mentality without any thought then its definitely wrong but if someone does it and their intentions are good and they do it because its inspirational and for them to remind of gurbani/vahiguroo everyday..and who i am to say they are committing beadhi? thats their way of showing dedication. In gurbani, there is pankiti talking about- vahiguroo is not our bhappu property so we cant really have ownership over vahiguroo ji..each one of us who just started on the panth- show different way of showing devotion and get inspired from various different ways.

Hows that different from ikongkar tatto our people (previous generation) have on both male and female alike? Atleast she has some pride/anakh in her, who knows? eventually she will eventually come in khalsa life style become amritdhari and shastardhari after keep pondering upon tuk which is engraved in her hand..!!..in my personal opinion, she should have gotten tatto in english so it does not come across as beadhi or hurt other sikh sentiments- however what defines good or bad karma is person intent...everyone is different and at different state of mind seek different ways to get inspiration in sikhi, and for her may be having tatto helps her to remind vahiguroo ji and recite more gurbani..we cannot judge..yes gurbani in gurmukhi engraved in her hand may come across as beadhi but if you do feel very strongly about this, please start off against previous generation both male and female having ikongkar tatto on their hand..!!

Does anyone remember ks makhan(singer) taking amrit? Had he come across with self righteous people on here, he may have swayed somewhere else..!!

You always have a different axe to grind. You just cannot help it .

She has got pride and anakh , omg , that must be in your dream world.

Sikhs like you have low self esteem and even lesser respect for their religion

and nothing is beadbi for them

My angle of looking at this is from Satkar of Bani. A Sikh does full Satkar of Bani because Bani is mother of a Sikh. If a person does a tattoo on their hand or fore arm of a Tukh from Bani and say if that person is eating, with that jhootay hands they will accidently touch the Gurbani Tuk. Or say if that person urinates and some drops of the urine accidently end up touching the tattoo, that is the worst beadbi a person can do.

Most Sikhs who have Gurbani tattoos, out of ignorance think they are some how showing their pride in their religion. They don't realise the best way is not tattoos, but by following Hukams of Guru Jee.

I understand what you saying from satkar perspective, we can have vichar on sargun and nirgun ommnipresence/everywhere aspect of gurbani/bhagat pipa shabad in first page regarding this and i also know main stage of satkar of gurbani is when we live our life with self realization vahiguroo is everywhere and in everything, according to gurbani sidhant, perceive there is no dualism as such..i do have vichar on this rather not share here...,afraid i might be taken out of context..may be some other time..

Is there any power or benefit in tattooing oneself with Bani? What would happen if I had the entire of Guru Maharaj tattooed on my body?

No power, but one could have tatto on body with perception- gurbani is now imprinted on body, time to imprint gurbani on mind and soul?.

In order to get a tattoo a person hair needs to be removed in the area where the tattoo is going. So to put Satgur's Bani on that area shows how the person had no good intentions and did not even read the Bani that was going on as a tattoo.

Reading the Bani she got tattooed it is actually saying step on to the path of Gurmat (example keep your hair uncut) and don't pay any attention to your mind. Let your mind speak, but keep your focus on the Bani of Satguru. Has she done this even at a preschool level?

I doubt older gursikhs with ikongkar tatto on hand would remove their hair in order to get a tatto. Not sure if she removed her hair or not..if she did, it kind of defeats the purpose.

Unless one is bhramgyani, we all do beadhi of gurbani inadvertently whether we like to claim it or not.. surely we don't do beadhi of gurbani in sargun roop but we all do beadhi of gurbani sidhant of nirgun roop for not seeing divine jot in everyone, having dualistic mindset, and being slave of 5 chors.. while claiming ourselves a sikh of Guru thats worst beadhi in my opinion ..hope this reality check would be enough for people including me off course...!!!!!!!!