Shameless Punjabi Actress

JSinghnz

Since she has already done it, I hope she keeps the maximum satkaar possible and enshrines the meaning in her heart and eventually becomes a Sikh of Guru Sahib.

I think if someone explained with love the mistake she will realize it but its permanent. I remember the topic where a guy posted his tat of Baba Deep Singh lol not much you can do but tell the person to reflect and enshrine it in their hearts now.

Just out of curiosity did old chakars with bani on them get used or were they for show only? Baba Deep Singh Jis chakars had bani on them.

Oh 22 jaan menu v das davo k ki likhaya wa Neeru Bajwa ne ? I can't read Gurmukhi script..translation will be appreciated.

1.I don't know why some of us immediately start jumping the gun and making accusations to someone we don't know personally!!

If it can help her to stay and take the right sikhi path, then good luck to her.

I can't see how the word of the guru or the shabad guru can be made impure by simply having it tattooed on someone's body.

The shabad guru is untouchable like the Guru himself.

2.Where do you draw the line of what is beadbi and what is not ?

I mean the word of gurbani is from Akaal purakh himself, just like the rays of the sun that give us heat and light.

Now, if we hang out dirty filthy laundry to dry in the sun, then Do we make the rays impure in any way ??

Do we do beadbi to the light and heat that Akaal purakh is sending us ??

3.We all urinate and defecate, and all this comes from within our bodies. No matter how clean we are on the outside, there are still dirty waste products accumulating inside.

In the end, this body is just a vehicle that ages with time and begins to disintegrate and rot once it is not working.

When the mentioned passes away, should we instead bury her to preserve her tattoo instead of cremating it ?

4.Kabir ji mentions that the body is just like a karha (water pot)- it is fragile and we can decorate it however, none of this will alter the contents.

The water inside doesn't get any more purer or dirtier, whether gurbani is engraved on it or not.

5.At the end of the day, like N30 ji mentioned, 'It is what it means to her in her current stage of life that matters''

Hopefully it can help her find herself and Sikh in some way.

For those members that are going to accuse me of being too soft and may be endorsing tattoos in some way, then WRONG!!!!

Tattoo is NOT gurmat.

It is simply ''Dishonoring' of the body- just like cutting, coloring or altering the shape structure of your hair.

The rehat specifies that the hair and natural body should NOT be dishonoured in any way.

Yes, I know the rehat doesn't specifically mention tattoos, but it clearly mentions coloring of hair amounts to dishonor even though you don't cut it.

Therefore, colouring or painting of the body would amount to the same kind !

Hopefully, one day she may realize that doing the tattoo was wrong and dishonoring, even if it helped her align strongly onto the sikhi path.

That is ALL I can wish for personally, and it is ALL that I would say if I met her face to face.

I can't see why a sinner and lowlife like me should tell her what she should and shouldn't do.

If she felt the need to be reminded and exposed to Shabad Guru everyday in this manner. then good luck to her, i hope it helps her find herself.

1. If you don't know what the tattooed Gurbani is saying then please ask, but don't make assumptions that others are jumping the gun and making accusations.

2. Gurbani is not the rays of the Sun (Akal Purakh), but IS the SUN! Very simple read Gurbani and Gurbani tells us there is no difference between Guru Sahib and Akal Purakh.

3. General question to people who think like this poster. Would you treat your loved one in the same way and place that arm will go and has been in the past? Don't worry I'll expand on this question further on. If the body is already dirty from the inside then Guru Sahib made a mistake by saying cleanse the outside before doing nitnem and naam simran.

4. Gurbani is always kept in a clean place because it is not just simple writing, but YOUR Guru. Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji slept on the ground and Ad Granth was placed on the bed. Learn from your Guru. Highest respect is given to Gurbani. If the body is already dirty from the inside then Guru Sahib made a mistake by saying cleanse the outside before doing nitnem and naam simran.

5. One day a person will come along and say Gurbani only means bunch of word to me so I can take a pothi Sahib to the bathroom and read from it for amusement. Then I can claim......what do you know....maybe one day the person will come on the path of Gurmat from reading Gurbani in the bathroom while doing his business. :stupidme: Bani is the Guru and it must be treated as Guru. Again Sri Guru Gobind Sahib ji has left orders on how to treat Gurbani. If you can't follow these orders then simply don't bother having Gurbani. To keep Gurbani respected many lives have been lost. And many more will be lost with big smiles on their faces to keep the respect for Gurbani alive. Ask yourself, why did Baba Deep Singh fight with his head off? It surely wasn't for no silver coin.

What is the point of living if the endorsement of Gurbani being disrespected is openly flaunted by those who call themselves spiritual and religious? Your Guru did not write Gurbani on his arm, but he kept it on the highest platform and then gave Gurbani the utmost respect.

The sad thing is that she has this 'religious' tattoo but she is an actress in films that promotes things that contradict a Gursikhi jeevan, for example caste, alcohol consumption, beadbi of kesh, pre-maritial relationships, manmat songs and dancing etc. She is free to do whatever she wants, either follow your religion or don't, but don't mix gurmat with manmat and present a confused message to the masses. Gurbani is not some kind of fashion accessory which you use to look 'cool' or 'edgy' or be a bit different. Gurbani is above and beyond that.

Also, we can never do enough satkaar of Gurbani, but we can always try our utmost best. After all, 'bani guru guru hai bani'.

ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਰੇ

Baanee Guroo Guroo Hai Baanee Vich Baanee Anmrith Saarae ||

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

I never knew there was a grey area regarding tattoos, I always thought it was clear that any bodily piercings and tattoos (ie. body modification) is equivalent to beadbi of kesh. Yes some Gursikh elders have Ik Onkar on their hands but I'm sure there are also some Sikh women who had their ears pierced at a young age but now they are Amritdhari and so do not wear earrings but obviously their ears are still pierced.

Lets even assume its a huge thing, how come we can get 4 pages to condemn a Punjabi actress of a Sikh background but we pay not attention to the sad state our Qaum is in?

How many people tried to do something about the revert Sikhs that are being discriminated in Madhya Pradesh? How many have done something about the 40 Sikhs who embraced Christianity in Tarn Taran few months back?

Shame on us all for being such internet warriors and only capable of judging others instead of doing something for our Qaum.

Treating beadbi of Sikh beliefs and ideals as a grey area has become a fashion of pseudo Sikhs these days.

This punjabi is a C grade calibre bollywood actress who is notorious for exposing herself in her films.

And pseudo Sikhs think she is promoting Sikhi with this act.

A part of me thinks this lady tattooed Gurbani onto her arm in the same manner we've seen Western celebrities tattoo inscriptions onto their arm without truly understanding what it means, i.e. the following David Beckham tattoo he had done years ago.

image01_0.jpg

But the weird thing in the example of this actress is that I'm guessing she's been raised in a Sikh household, and has to have been in contact with some form of Panjabi / Gurmukhi in her entire life, so she must know the significance of this Gurbani she has on her arm. If she hasn't researched the meaning of the inscription she's had inked onto her arm then what exactly has she done it for? Is it a misplaced attempt at loyalty for her Sikh heritage taking into account the events of recents months, i.e. Sadda Haq, etc? I guess only she can answer these questions, but I'd like to think she actually knows the meaning behind the words on her arm, and she respects those words as much as she can in her daily life from now onwards.

I don't agree with what she did, Gurbani or not, because I'm not a fan of tattoos.