Sign in to follow this  
SikhKosh

No Other Religion Leads To God

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

^^^ I'd be careful of what you say Veer as many will accuse you of being a racist for just posting what you have from Gurbani.

Apparently, highlighting the wrongs of idol worship, caste system, slavery, pedophilia and pilgrimages is racist to some Sikhs.

Criticising murderers, racists, sexists, pedophiles, slaveowners is the new definition of racism.

Supposedly Sikhs have to respect such men like David Koresh of the Branch Davidians because he led a religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Koresh#Accusations_of_child_abuse_and_statutory_rape

Similarly, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Sidhu leads the Jhoota Sauda religion so we have to respect his rapes and murders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br9cUP8A_Uo

To criticise 54 year old Prophet Muhammad for having sex with 9 year old child Aisha or owning slaves is supposedly racist.

Edited by harj1ts1ngh
  • Like 3

I think the point is that although the religous practices that some of these people (such as idol worship) partake in is silly and ridiculous most of these practices dont hurt us (discounting some islamic practices)

Now guru said we are all one, that is guru jis very first message until we start treating everyone as part of one, united then we fail in understanding the rest of bani

Now as long as people dont disrespect bani then they are free to follow whichever religion they choose but they should note all these religions are all part of the "one" and everything they pray to reaches waheguru in a round about sort of way. Now if someone like Rah Raheem harms our sisters brothers even if they are part of his "dera" then it becomes our problem to intercede and fight injustice.

Its not about respect for prophet mohammed its more about respect for the people that believe in him if they choose to do that then its fine, but if they choose to emulate his life by sleeping with young children then im afraid it becomes a sikh problem

• Like 1

Yes, but my only point is that we should stop the parchar that all religions lead to God, Hindus and Muslims wrote in Guru Granth Sahib etc. It does more bad than good. How often haven't you heard Sikhs married to non Sikhs justify it by saying 'but doesn't Sikhi say that all religions are good and lead to God?' ...

There is a difference between saying a religion is wrong and actively promoting the killing of all non-believers. We respect all, we will defend them if need arises BUT we do not agree to their religious practices because they are simply wrong.

Evelyn Hall in Voltaires biography wrote a line which comes to mind: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

• Like 1

Does Waheguru listen to you even if you're not a Sikh (Gursikh)?

A friend asked me this a few days ago and I honestly didn't know what to say, lol.

Edited by VanHelsingh
  • Like 3

Does Waheguru listen to you even if you're not a Sikh (Gursikh)?

A friend asked me this a few days ago and I honestly didn't know what to say, lol.

I don't know either, maybe someone can advise, or perhaps you should have your friend contact SikhKosh and find out if his/her calls will be put on hold or will eventually get connected :D :D
  • Like 1

I don't know either, maybe someone can advise, or perhaps you should have your friend contact SikhKosh and find out if his/her calls will be put on hold or will eventually get connected :D :D

It's a genuine question, because if we believe Waheguru created everyone (not just Sikhs) then surely He must at least be keeping a passing interest in the rest of the world who aren't Sikh? :biggrin2:

• Like 1

All religions and non religions(atheist..) eventually lead to GOD because there is nowhere else to go. We all exist in it (GOD). He gave us a power to choose and create an experience. Some paths take longer than others.GOD does not reveal itself through outward observation but through inward experience. Naam Simran therefor a fast paced path of union.

• Like 2

I am simply stating what the Guru said. Anyone can realise God individually but if you follow the mentioned religions to the letter you won't because you will get struck with Karam Kaands. Now a Sufi can realise Waheguru by chanting Wahid Allah (Ik Oankar in Arabic, as they do in some Arabic countries) but then he is not following Islam to the core. Because Muhammad preached hate, and if you follow in his footsteps, you will get violent. Several sects of Islam that do have some resemblences to Sikhi have deviated from the Quran and the Hadith, but I am talking of the actual religions, who follow their scriptures blindly, not the watered down versions.

My brothers and sisters, I am not saying that we have to discriminate against Hindus or Muslims but that their faith is flawed.

But others than that, I do not follow any Dehdhari, my faith lies in my Guru and He rejected integral aspects of other religions and I do believe in every single action and word of the Guru whole heartedly.

Edited by SikhKosh
  • Like 1

To VanHelSingh, Mehtab Singh and others who do not agree:

If it is not so, then please clarify the following:

1) Why are integral parts, rituals of many religions fully condemned in Gurbani?
2) Do you believe all religions lead to God or only some (if so specify)?
3) How do you determine that a religion is genuine (= leads to God) or not? Bhaniarawala has followers, and Gurmeet Ram Raheem has millions of followers, do his followers reach God also through him? If not then the statement that all paths lead to God is wrong.

• Like 1

There are Hindu Bhagat's writings in The Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Kabir Ji was born in a Muslim family, they're religions led them to the light of Sikhi, Waheguru created many paths to the light, you cannot sit there and just take the negatives and the criticisms of those said religions to say they are false. What some followers of the religion do ARE false, there's plenty that Sikhs do which is false, to be so simple minded as to conclude that therefore they don't lead to Akal Purakh is a straw-man argument.

To VanHelSingh, Mehtab Singh and others who do not agree:

If it is not so, then please clarify the following:

1) Why are integral parts, rituals of many religions fully condemned in Gurbani?

2) Do you believe all religions lead to God or only some (if so specify)?

3) How do you determine that a religion is genuine (= leads to God) or not? Bhaniarawala has followers, and Gurmeet Ram Raheem has millions of followers, do his followers reach God also through him? If not then the statement that all paths lead to God is wrong.

I am not sure what made you presume that anyone disagrees with you. Anyways...

Sikhi is not like Semitic faiths where non-Sikhs are doomed to eternal damnation. Fact is the soul gets what it aims for. Non-Sikhs aim for some heaven or the planet of which ever deity they worship, and they get it by being good human beings. Sachkhand is something Guru Sahib details and so to get there one has to take aasra of Shabad Guru. Today that happens by taking Amrit from Panj Pyaare and living your life based on Gurmat. No questioning that.

I'll still answer your questions...

1) Why are integral parts, rituals of many religions fully condemned in Gurbani? Guru Sahib has mocked and condemned them, and I accept His word as final and so I stay away from them. Since I am nowhere close to His level, I have no right to mock and/or condemn them myself, although I am still under orders to keep away from them at all times.

2) Do you believe all religions lead to God or only some (if so specify)? Please read Sukhmani Sahib about which religion leads to God. Again, Guru Sahib has already stated this, I am no one to comment.

3) How do you determine that a religion is genuine (= leads to God) or not? Bhaniarawala has followers, and Gurmeet Ram Raheem has millions of followers, do his followers reach God also through him? If not then the statement that all paths lead to God is wrong. I repeat, please read Sukhmani Sahib.

This is an online Sikh forum which is possibly frequented by non-Sikhs as well who are looking for inspiration, motivation and the divine lustre of Akaal Purakh in their lives. Not every Hindu coming here is an RSS agent to convince you that Sikhs are Hindus, not every Muslim coming here is there to do Dawah and convince you that Guru Sahib was a Muslim, not every Christian coming here is an evangelist out to proselytize you into believing Jesus is the only way, and by that logic, not all Sikhs on this forum are here for a good purpose either, sorry to say. People come here thinking they can actually find something good here which will change their life and move it towards a higher spiritual plane. All they get once they land here is "Hindus are losers, Muslims are animals" sort of environment. If some non-Sikh comes here to cause trouble, I don't need to tell you guys what is done to them, you know it very well, so please make sure to report such folks as well.

My only purpose is that those genuine non-Sikh seekers of Vaheguru (who have obviously reduced to near zero in the past years) coming on this site are not pushed away from the track of Sikhi even before they've embarked on it. YES, Sikhi is THE best without a speck of doubt. No other religion comes close even to the shadow of Sikhi. YES our history is full of true instances of Hindus/Muslims betraying/oppressing Sikhs. No doubt! But for God's sake, please spare those innocent souls on this forum who happen to be non-Sikhs and have nothing to do with that history, and are here only searching for the light of Vaheguru, who are on here only to find the purpose of their life in the light of Gurbani. You tell them "Oh you know what, your faith is hopeless! Become a Sikh and get a Get Out Of Jail Free card!" What do you think their reaction will be? You keep feeding them "We're the best and you suck" therapy, how long you think they're going to take it?

I don't know/care what kind of non-Sikhs you people deal with on a daily basis in your real (non-Internet) lives. But when you log on to this website, keep in mind that somewhere someone searching for the light of Gurmat is reading your words. Make sure you don't distract them from the track much before them even realizing what they are looking for.

How many of you have ever tried (in real life, not online) to communicate in a polite manner with a non-Sikh about Gurmat? How many non-Sikhs have you been able to convince compassionately that Gurmat is THE BEST? Oh I forgot, you are allergic to them, so no chance! Forget it, forget I even asked that question! Sorry, my bad.

BTW, when I say "you", I am not referring specifically to SikhKosh, its directed at all of you who at some point on this forum have (and I am sure of this) caused nothing but disappointment to anyone coming here searching for Vaheguru by your "My way or the highway" talk. God be with them, and may God save you guys!

Guru Sahib, thank You! Thank You for introducing me to this forum in 2003 and not anytime after. The last time this forum saw something inspirational/motivational that would bring a non-Sikh a step closer to Gurmat was like when? Maybe 2005? Yeah, not after that ever.

• Like 4

What needs to be changed is the method to spread the message of Gurmat rather than concealing the truth of Gurbani. Naam is the only way to reach salvation and true Naam is not found anywhere but in the house of Guru Sahib. Mocking other religions is one thing and preaching true Gurmat another. Gurbani is for us to follow and if practices of other religions are rejected then clearly we must reject them too not simply in our own lifestyle but also in preaching. We cant preach Gurmat to Muslims by claiming that although hajj is wrong for us but it is ok for them or idol worship is wrong for us but ok for Hindus. This is not Gurmat. Again, the method needs to be such that non-Sikhs clearly understand the gist of the message and realize the futility of false practices.

If saying Gurmat is the only true religion pushes people away because it makes us no different than Muslim/Christian missionaries then by concealing this very truth at the same time doesnt make us any different from them either because we would be lying by saying that all religions are equal and get to the same level. Sikhs need to be open and truthful about Gurmat yet at the same time explain its uniqueness in such a manner that non-Sikhs fall in love with it.

In regards to getting the reward: Gurmat is the eternal truth and according to Gurbani emancipation is solely dependent upon the grace of Vaheguru. No one has any control over it. If someone longs for heaven, it does not mean he/she will surely get there by following their religion. It depends on their lifestyle. Even then heaven and hell are temporary places and once the karma is exhausted, they will be sent back to physical world. This fact cannot change no matter what other religions say or what someone may believe in. Reward is in the hands of Vaheguru. If one wishes to get to heaven by killing innocent people in the name of religion, surely he will not get there. Some wish to attain higher spiritual states by drinking heavy liquor and engaging in sexual activities. This is why Guru Sahib wrote Beejay Bikh Mangay Amrit. Therefore, a jeev will not always get what he aims for. If a jeev wants Vaheguru, he must follow Satguru.

SikhKosh only posted Gurbani Shabads to show that not all religions are equal according to Gurmat. He did not state all non-Sikhs will go to hell. I do not understand why some Sikhs are having such an allergic reaction to the truth of Gurbani. Guru Rakha

Edited by Bijla Singh
  • Like 4

I do not understand why some Sikhs are having such an allergic reaction to the truth of Gurbani.

Yeah, damn those Sikhs! They will surely go to hell along with all other non-Sikhs from whom we should always have allergy!

On a serious note, who is having allergy? If you're referring to me, I have clearly stated that Sikhi is the best without a speck of doubt. I have clearly stated that nothing comes close to even the shadow of Sikhi. My only question is if we (or should I say you people) can show the world the light of Gurmat in a way that it draws people towards it?

I am not saying we should sugarcoat the true and firm principles of Gurmat and adjust them for others. I am stressing the mode of communication, the way in which you deliver your message. Because unless you folks are BrahmGyanis, I doubt you can mock a faith and still have its adherents come to Gurmat.

If you're not referring to me, then never mind.

• Like 1