Bhai Harbhajan singh yogi passes away

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh

just got this off sikhnet

http://www.sikhnet.com/YogiBhajan

Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji, known as Yogi Bhajan to hundreds of thousands of adherents worldwide, left his physical body at 9 pm MST on October 6th. His passing took place at his home in Espanola, New Mexico surrounded by family and friends. The cause of death was complications due to heart failure. He was 75 years old.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo.

No matter what anyone says about him, he did help introduce Sikhi to thousands on non-punjabis. Today there are thousands on chardi kala Singhs and Singhnees out there in the western world.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

May Akaal purkh Vaheguroo bless his soul with peace. ^_^^_^

Hukamnama from the day he passed away!!!! Vaah!

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL:

All that happens, and all that will happen, is by His Will. If we could do something by ourselves, we would. By ourselves, we cannot do anything at all. As it pleases the Lord, He preserves us. || 1 || O my Dear Lord, everything is in Your power. I have no power to do anything at all. As it pleases You, You forgive us. || 1 || Pause || You Yourself bless us with soul, body and everything. You Yourself cause us to act. As You issue Your Commands, so do we act, according to our pre-ordained destiny. || 2 || You created the entire Universe out of the five elements; if anyone can create a sixth, let him. You unite some with the True Guru, and cause them to understand, while others, the self-willed manmukhs, do their deeds and cry out in pain. || 3 || I cannot describe the glorious greatness of the Lord; I am foolish, thoughtless, idiotic and lowly. Please, forgive servant Nanak, O my Lord and Master; I am ignorant, but I have entered Your Sanctuary. || 4 || 4 || 15 || 24 ||

Wednesday, 22 Assu (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 736)

Yogi Harbhajan dies in US

PTI[ THURSDAY, OCTOBER 07, 2004 12:43:41 PM ]

NEW DELHI: Yogi Harbhajan, the 75-year old Sikh missionary in US and preacher of Yoga, died at Espanola in New Mexico last night of heart failure.

"Yogi was suffering from a heart problem. He was bedridden for some time. His died of heart failure last night at 9.40 pm (local time)," National Commission for Minorities Chairman Tarlochan Singh told PTI.

A master practitioner of both hatha and kundalini yoga, Yogi Bhajan was the "Supreme Religious and Administrative Authority of the Sikh Religion in the Western Hemisphere," he said.

He was also given the title of Singh Sahib by Akal Takht, the temporal seat of the Sikhs in Amritsar, he said.

Thousands of American disciples in his Healthy-Happy-Holy Organisation ('3.H.O.') revered the robust, bearded Bhajan as the holiest man of this era.

Born in 1929 in Gujrawala town in Pakistan, Yogi was a custom officer in Amritsar. In 1968 he immigrated to Toronto, later that year moved to Los Angeles and eventually started his own ashram [spiritual Commune] in a garage. He ran over 200 religious centres all over Europe and US by the name of Guru Ram Das Ashrams, said Singh.

Although Sikhs are renowned as meat eaters, Bhajan insisted that his followers be strict vegetarians. While yoga is not part of Sikhism, Bhajan tought the practice, not its mild form widespread in the US but Tantrism, a strenuous, mystical variety practiced by men and women in pairs.