Animal Sacrifices?!

GKaur1315

in old battles when singhs food ration was stopped by and mughals closed the routes to get it then ,

singhs stole mughals food and did ardas and kirpan bhet food that becomes acceptable

that is why we kirpan bhet degh as well

because any food that is done with ardas path and kirpan bhet is acceptable

This is not Sampradayak Bebeki Rehit. But now days Sara Kuchh Chalda Hai. Cooked food cannot be babeki by doing it Kirpan Bhet.

This is not Sampradayak Bebeki Rehit. But now days Sara Kuchh Chalda Hai. Cooked food cannot be babeki by doing it Kirpan Bhet.

i guess you did not read this following part in my previous post.

When Guri Gobind Singh Ji left Machiwara he was carried by Ghuni Khan, Nabhi Khan, Bhai Mani Singh and Bhai Dharam Singh in a palanquin. Guru Ji was stopped by the mughal army. They asked the men who they were carrying and they said it was Uch Da Pir (i.e. the Pir from the village Uch). As a mark of respect the army general requested that he wanted to feed the "Pir". To this the two pathans Ghuni and Nabhi Khan replied that the Pir was fasting (i.e as is the custom in Islam). This was quick thinking as otherwise Guru Ji would have to eat undesirable food. However, the army general insisted he wanted to feed the "servants" of the Pir. The servants could not refuse as it was only the Pir who was fasting. It was at this time that Guru ji told Bhai Dharam Singh and Mani Singh to "bhet" their kirpan in the food and it will be blessed and become parshad before they eat it. From that day onwards kirpan bhet was started as a way of blessing food.

This gurdwara stands at that spot. (Doraha village in Machhiwara locality is off the GT road east of Ludhiana - This is where the gurudwara is located and I hope the above story explains some of what you will see if visiting the site).

i guess you did not read this following part in my previous post.

When Guri Gobind Singh Ji left Machiwara he was carried by Ghuni Khan, Nabhi Khan, Bhai Mani Singh and Bhai Dharam Singh in a palanquin. Guru Ji was stopped by the mughal army. They asked the men who they were carrying and they said it was Uch Da Pir (i.e. the Pir from the village Uch). As a mark of respect the army general requested that he wanted to feed the "Pir". To this the two pathans Ghuni and Nabhi Khan replied that the Pir was fasting (i.e as is the custom in Islam). This was quick thinking as otherwise Guru Ji would have to eat undesirable food. However, the army general insisted he wanted to feed the "servants" of the Pir. The servants could not refuse as it was only the Pir who was fasting. It was at this time that Guru ji told Bhai Dharam Singh and Mani Singh to "bhet" their kirpan in the food and it will be blessed and become parshad before they eat it. From that day onwards kirpan bhet was started as a way of blessing food.

This gurdwara stands at that spot. (Doraha village in Machhiwara locality is off the GT road east of Ludhiana - This is where the gurudwara is located and I hope the above story explains some of what you will see if visiting the site).

This itself is contradictory to the nature of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Who has the bal to make Dasmesh Pita Jee do anything against His will? Guru Jee did not "have to eat" anything He doesn't want to eat. Alot of stories get made up along the centuries like the myth that Mia Mir laid down the foundation of Darbar Sahib or that the Bhagats were not Sikhs of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee.

This itself is contradictory to the nature of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Who has the bal to make Dasmesh Pita Jee do anything against His will? Guru Jee did not "have to eat" anything He doesn't want to eat. Alot of stories get made up along the centuries like the myth that Mia Mir laid down the foundation of Darbar Sahib or that the Bhagats were not Sikhs of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee.

please go clear up your doubts with the historical gurudwara , i have stated location there.

you yourself cannot bring yourself to accept . do not call it contradictory

Alot of stories get made up along the centuries like the myth that Mia Mir laid down the foundation of Darbar Sahib or that the Bhagats were not Sikhs of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee.

please enlighten us about this not heard this before ? both mia mir and bhagats

Maha Prashad is not something I have heard of until this post. The term Maha Prashad to me would mean the great blessing.

Does this mean that it is greater than the Karah Prashad served in Gurdwaras?

Is it greater than Gur Prashad?

Is it greater than Amrit?

From what I have been taught in gurmat classes is that a Sikh only sacrifices themselves before Guru Ji (hence taking Khande thi Pahul symbolises sacrificing oneself). Once someone has sacrificed themself then they have nothing left to sacrifice, because everything essentially belongs to Guru Ji/Waheguru (Tan, Man, Dhan Sabh Saop Gur Kao: Sri Anand Sahib).

Bhul Chuk Maaf, WJKK WJKF

Nothing people like these just stir up things for no reason . let's not go of topic

Maha Prashad is not something I have heard of until this post. The term Maha Prashad to me would mean the great blessing.

Does this mean that it is greater than the Karah Prashad served in Gurdwaras?

Is it greater than Gur Prashad?

Is it greater than Amrit?

From what I have been taught in gurmat classes is that a Sikh only sacrifices themselves before Guru Ji (hence taking Khande thi Pahul symbolises sacrificing oneself). Once someone has sacrificed themself then they have nothing left to sacrifice, because everything essentially belongs to Guru Ji/Waheguru (Tan, Man, Dhan Sabh Saop Gur Kao: Sri Anand Sahib).

Bhul Chuk Maaf, WJKK WJKF

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa!! WaheguruJiKiFateh!!

Please read the whole thread

The first person to claim Mian Mir laid down the foundation of Sri Darbar Sahib was Giani Gian Singh. Before Giani Gian Singh, no other Sikh had ever claimed Mian Mir laid down the foundation of Sri Darbar Sahib and after him all Sikh writers just aped him because it sounds like the very cool thing to write "look world! a Muslim laid down the foundation of Darbar Sahib!".

In fact Sooraj Prakash mentions that it was Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee who laid down the foundation of Sri Darbar Sahib. The first person to start the myth was a Muslim Mullah named Bootay Shah who wanted to show the greatness of Muslim Saints and imply that Sikh Gurus would bypass other eminent Sikh Mahapursh like Baba Budha Jee and Bhai Gurdas Jee and "request" a Muslim Saint to lay down the foundation of Darbar Sahib thus indirectly trying to show the greatness of Islam over Sikhi.

Sadly Sikhs have more faith in what a Mullah writes over Sikh sources like Sooraj Prakash.

As for the Bhagats, Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindranwale has said in his Katha that all the Bhagats were living during the time of Guru Arjun Dev Jee and had received Naam Updesh from Guru Jee. This is Sampradayak traditions. But British influenced people like to claim they were all Hindu and Muslim saints and try to downplay the greatness of Sikhi.

Nothing people like these just stir up things for no reason . let's not go of topic

Not stir. Bhai Sahib Jee, I'm not denying the story, but sometimes an event happens, and stories around that event get made up. For example a person who cannot give up Bhang will then claim Guru Jee also took Bhang in order to justify his own weakness. Cooked food cannot become Babeki food by doing it Kirpan Bhet, this is not Sampradayak tradition. This seems more like SGPC tradition.

Mahakal Singh ji ,

what i meant was they eat maha prashad after getting initiated ,

nihangs jhatka goats and make mahaparshad for newjoinees i think. :) (please correct if wrong)

also , when some one vaishnavi badai khalsa . were to join tat khalsa back .

then they were first given mahaparshaad before joining

Jhatka is always performed at jorh mele and this is usually when the dals hold Amrit sanchars but it is not compulsory for new singhs to have to eat mahaprashad and it definitely is not a part of any initiation and new singhs defiantly DO NOT have to jhatka a chicken, don't know where people get this rubbish from! There is a very high percentage of nihangs who do not eat meat, it's optional. Chakarvati Singhs eat mahaprashad on a regular basis because of their lifestyle which western singhs living in comfortable homes with heating, hot water and nice comfy beds will not understand.

Yes you are right, when there was a split between tat Khalsa and bandai Khalsa then once mahraj had shown tat Khalsa to be the true singhs the bandai Khalsa lot who repented and wanted to join tat Khalsa were made to partake mahaprashad as this was one of the main reasons for the split between the two.

but, this type of chicken, goat killing business leads to extreme inhumane type of animal slaughter business.

Doesnt that seem a little OTT, as Sikhs having been doing this since the times of the Guru's but there are no great animal slaughters being carried out by Sikhs on a daily basis now?

Cooked food cannot be babeki by doing it Kirpan Bhet.

I guess that the Sikhs of the Dal Khalsa just wernt as educated in Bibek rehat as us bhaji.

This itself is contradictory to the nature of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Who has the bal to make Dasmesh Pita Jee do anything against His will? Guru Jee did not "have to eat" anything He doesn't want to eat.

Bhaji did Guru will thousands of his Sikhs to die? Maharaj could have killed all the dusht himself coudlnt he?

I have never heard of chicken-killing as being necessary to entering dal panth btw. seems a little absurd.