The Curse Of Being Related To Pendu's & Punjabi's

I have Pendu relations and they drive me around the bend. Tell them something and they will deny it to death, even if they are wrong. I think this strain, of backwardness, emerged when certain communities became Sikhs for political and societal purposes. Superficially they claimed to be Sikhs, but internally they brought their outdated practices in the panth

You're right 13Mirch. They should try to be more like those other urban lot. You know, the ones that are mentioned in a verse in SGGS ji, where it mentiones how those lot are so superficial and only in it for the money to such an extent they even change religions in order to protect their money : "The K******s have abandoned their religion (for Islam and Hinduism) and embraced a foreign language (Arabic and Hindi)"

You're so right, these pendus should have run instead of fighting.

They're so backward in the way they don't worship idols and photographs.

I saw one once and he was so backward he didn't even light poojas and incence sticks in honour of statues.

And then I met another one and I couldn't believe how backward he was. His wife was pregnant, they found out it was a girl, and they didn't even kill it. I mean how backward is that ?

And then I met another one, his son got married, the daughter in law didn't bring tons of gold and money with her, and they didn't even set her on fire. My god, these people are so backward its unreal.

You are just so right. I mean the nerve of these pendus....coming to the west a century ago, working day and night, laying the foundations for your existence here just so you could then turn around and urinate on them and their sacrifices for you.

These people will never learn 13Mirch. They'll never be as good as you. But no one can. Thats because you're really really brilliant.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/female-infanticide-affects-sex-ratio-in-punjab/article398285.ece

some quotes showing how 'forward thinking' these urban/Shehris folks in Punjab are:

"Rampant female foeticide, the shameful act of selectively aborting the female foetus due to non-preference, continues to push the sex ratio of Punjab against females; unfortunately, the evil is more prevalent among the educated, the rich and the urban bred.

The 2006 National Family Health Survey shows that prosperity does little to curb the evil as Punjab's overall sex ratio at birth (considered a more accurate indicator of female foeticide) was 776 against 793 in 2001. In urban areas, it goes further down to 761:1,000. “The data clearly contradicts the belief that people don't want daughters only due to the expense of dowry and marriage, the practice is more popular amongst the prosperous urban population who commit the crime to avoid perceived social disgrace of not having a son and escaping property division,” said Parveen Singhal, retired professor, who continues to work on the issue.

Education too has failed in curbing the practice as children born to mothers having Class 10 or higher education had a significantly lower sex ratio at 683:1,000 than illiterate mothers at 869:1,000. “My study on girl students of higher secondary schools in urban areas revealed that 78.8 per cent did not want to give birth to a girl child. I was shocked to find that educated girls from urban areas can discriminate against their own kind. They cited the deplorable condition of their mothers and restriction imposed on girls from family as the main reason,” said Dr. Kaur, adding that until the social status of women changed, the mindset would continue."

The urban/shehri folks are literally pushing down the female to male sex ratio in Punjab because of which all of us Punjabis have to hang our heads in shame.

The bride burning trend all started in the chalaak urban population too. Using their chalaaki they would try to show the murder of their daughter in law as an accident that happened when she turned on the gas stove. The result is that now when any of these bride burning incidents happen, the punjab police simply refuse to acknowledge that it's an accident as they did before and begin their murder investigation which usually leads to the conclusion that it all happened because the bride could not bring enough dowry for her greedy urban in-laws.

TG

A few things to keep in mind. The OP was referring to someone from the UK, not from an indian village. I agree with him that we have a cultural problem that is worldwide.The title of this thread is not helpful and should not be on a Sikh forum.

Our issue is not isolated to geography of villages in punjab by any means. There have been gurudwara fights across the world. Around the world there are numerous punjabi's tatooing a caste pride with a khanda as part of a gangster image. Forget villages, we've formed ghettos of idiocy around the world. There is extreme sexism and racism outside of India amongst punjabis. As a punjabi Sikh, there is an assumption that I think the same way so backward attitudes are divulged freely and in plenty supply.

This does not preclude the fact that various forms of issues exist in every society. However, if we want to work on the world and use our home (sikhi sangat) as a base, we must maintain our home.

I'm not sure why you keep referring to blood and goras and becoming goray. There are "goray" Sikhs, blood and race is irrelevant. Per capita goray sikhs are by far the truest followers of Guru Gobind SIngh Ji.

With respect to "becoming goray" large segments of India, punjabis included long ago in attempt to "become gora", surpassed it and became a caricature of gora. I'm not sure if it is an inferiority complex, slave mentality or what. On one hand India insists it is nation of pride second to no gora. Punjabi pride is at the forefront. But on the other hand in an attempt at some awkward western liberalization india got on the dance floor to fit in just a bit and ended up looking like drunks in heat. So chill with the long outdated concept of "becoming gora". The world is a complex mind, simple heart sher and pind in one and we're all in it together. There are beautiful tolerant people from everywhere and all walks of life and the opposite from all walks of life as well.

Lastly, did you just,even if figuratively, challenge OP to a physical encounter and threaten him?

I m not threatening him or challenging him... and when did I talk about GOrey Sikh? Even though I m also Against Castiesm and Racism...What I wanted to say "Stay ROOTED"" Because ROOTS GIVE STRENGTH "....

Don't forget "Cities Have come from Villages "...Pinda wicho hi pind Shehr bane a....Main ae keh reha va..... its an offensive term that OP used ..Because everybody is not like you people who think That being born In usa Canada uk or Getting Citizenship there will make you anything else than non indian....and terms like Pendu and punjabi belong to India..So ask tha OP before you ask Are these terms are used in Uk society ...

btw I just talked about Gore ...not about Gore sikhs...I know better than you that gore sikhis have more sense of sikhi than indian sikhs....

Both of my parents born in rural punjab. On the other hand i was born and raised in city until we moved from india when i was 16. But before i moved away from india, i spent two years in pind. There is huge difference between city and pind folks but i would always prefer a company of pind folks anytime of the day. Their attitude and dedication is lot better than city folks. As mentioned by buddasingh, rural pind folks were most oppressed by indian govt and the reason is because they are typically the only one to stand against injustice.

Draw a list and write names of all kharkoo singhs/kaurs and then tell us whether majority of them were pendus or shereyay?

Not going off-topic but the reason why we failed 80's movement is because of class differences between sikhs.. pity that today youth keep such prejudice in their mind against rural folks.

• 1 month later...

The curse of being related to Pendu's & Punjabi's

UNCLE JIII! :doh:

How rude, my parents are both Punjabi and one is from the pend and I don't see it as a curse!

If remembering your roots and having strong morals means your a pendu! Fine ! I'm a pendu and proud.

To be honest i'd rather be a pendu than joining the Pappu party of wanna-be's! :sleep:

....most of you people have forgotten your roots.... Tusi lokaan ne Gore nai ban jana,,,khoon thavada indian hi hrehna va...Ask your Father when he went to uk Usa from his pind .....idiots. ..

hahahah! I don't even understand lokhi Punjabi ya pendu hon vich ehni sharam kyu mandeh a !

" to neglect ones ancestors and their roots would bring ill-fortune and failure in life"

and ohda v roots toh cut kitta hoya flower, vase vich long life layi nahi rehnda! :no:

rural pind folks were most oppressed by indian govt and the reason is because they are typically the only one to stand against injustice.

Draw a list and write names of all kharkoo singhs/kaurs and then tell us whether majority of them were pendus or shereyay?

EAXCTLY

I couldn't have put better myself! :respect:

My so called "urban" relatives married their doctor daughter into a rich well educated urban family.

Few years later same family burned their daughter-in-law for not bringing enough dowry. And yeah, her husband was also having an affair

Since I spent all my life in Shehar should i say " Oh The curse of Being related to Shehri's "

My so called "urban" relatives married their doctor daughter into a rich well educated urban family.

Few years later same family burned their daughter-in-law for not bringing enough dowry. And yeah, her husband was also having an affair

Since I spent all my life in Shehar should i say " Oh The curse of Being related to Shehri's "

Guru Gobind SIngh ji told us a lot of things :

jo sikh apni beti da dhan khaye so thankiya

jo sikh dhaaj mange oh mere sikh nahin

Sikh apne istri da muh nahin fitkare (abuse her ... let alone hit her)

jo kurimaar hone us parivar nal ko sikh rishta nahin dega (historical proof 'pendus' stuck to Guru jis bachan and stopped marriages to two pinds in Punjab (mum told me about it) which had that problem)

purane rasam anusar ... you are supposed to accept the girl as is in the char kaparde she is standing in , no symbols of female slavery no earring, nath ... no mehndi .. no vanga . we do not sell or buy our children's happiness we teach them how to create it in their lives by doing naam kamai , by educating them and giving them sikhia about grisht jiwan .

This brute/monster did this to his daughter-in-law on suspicion alone; no evidence, besides it is a matter for her to deal with her husband not him. These people are just vile full stop they are not sikhs for the above reasons . I propose that if you know families who have or are planning to go against Guru ji's advice that they will not find happiness in this life or the next until they come before the Punj and Guru ji for punishment.

Such issue may not seems to be important as compared to what other stuff our kaum is dealing with.... However this is very important issue, almost root cause of our kaum lack of unity.

Punjabi youth in Punjab are not speaking punjabi because they see it as 'pendu/illiterate ' language. These issues should be first clearly identified and then find the solution. Test it by yourself- go to any pizza joint or even give a call to such places and speak in punjabi, you will see that they won't reply in punjabi at all.