Why Have The Sikhs In England Failed To Follow The Basics Of Sikhi

JSinghnz

Most "Sikhs", in fact, most adherents of most religions anywhere in the world know virtually nothing about the faith they claim to be a part of. So when you take this alongside the fact that the majority of the members on this forum appear to be from the UK, a very small, crowded island with a hysterical brand of multiculturalism and more Muslims than the rest of you have by far (almost 3 million against Canada's 1 million, America's 2.5 million and New Zealand's 41,000), the phenomenon of British "Sikh" girls running off with Muslims is unsurprising.

The rest of you are fortunate in your variables, that is all. America and Canada are big enough that people are not forced together into close proximity, and your own country, small though it is, is practically empty. You are not any more devout than we are.

If one goes by your logic all the Sikhs in Pakistan and Afghanistan should have become Muslims by now.

And you cannot generalize that most people do not know about their faith.

Or you could be talking about the so called Sikhs in England.

It is not about you or me being more devout it is about the failure of Sikh parents to teach the basics of their religion to their children.

I can only say from my own experience that I saw less respect for Sikhi when I went to Canada and India than UK. I think it depends on which area one goes to also. But from what I see, and I can't comment for anybody else's experience, UK kids are more wAnting to learn about their faith than the above mentioned.

As I see wealth seems to be more of a trend in bigger countries, big houses etc thus more competition, so the haumai to me implys to those countries as there is the opportunity to show it off more.

You missed his point, it wasnt "Yeah, well we have more Sikhs! HA." He meant that if NZ too had 100's of thousands of Sikhs, the amount of interreligion marriages would be equal to Englands.You guys in NZ arent more devout, theres just not enough Sikhs for there to be lots of interreligion marriages.

A very poor way to cover your shortfalls.

We are more in numbers so we have to be less faithful to our religion and have more liberty to allow Sikh girls to marry Muslims.

What a pitiful state of affairs for you guys.

It is not about you or me being more devout it is about the failure of Sikh parents to teach the basics of their religion to their children.

But that is the case pretty much everywhere, what caused you to single out the Sikhs of the United Kingdom as being uniquely guilty?

It is true that the vast majority of us make no effort at all to ensure that our children inherit Sikh teaching, but when you consider that 75% of youths in the Punjab are addicted to drugs, I'd say that we in the UK are at least better at instilling Sikh values in our children than our brethren back home.

But that is the case pretty much everywhere, what caused you to single out the Sikhs of the United Kingdom as being uniquely guilty?

It is true that the vast majority of us make no effort at all to ensure that our children inherit Sikh teaching, but when you consider that 75% of youths in the Punjab are addicted to drugs, I'd say that we in the UK are at least better at instilling Sikh values in our children than our brethren back home.

Had Sikh values been instilled in the children there we would not have had have had the problem of our girls marrying muslims.