Singh Great Role Model For The Future

singh598

The title of my thread was designed to be carcastic

But just look at the kaljug the behaviour of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis Roop

I'm a mona and UK Singhs are weaklings if this was the times of Sant Kartar Singh or Sant Jarnail Singh that guy would have had to answer for his behaviour

Shame and righteousness have flown far Away- Asa Ki //

He's Canadian.

This supposed 'role model'; Humble the poet.

I'm sure, at the end of day, he's a pretty nice bloke. And in this world full of not so nice blokes its nice to find nice ones.

But.....he wears the saroop of Sri Gobind Singh Ji so shouldn't we be expecting more from him ? Shouldn't he be mature and intellectual enough to see how those that are still learning look to him for inspiration and to set the right example ?

As a man I and we can't fault him. He's a good man. I've no reason to say and think otherwise. But as a Singh who wears HIS saroop we have to say he is not only confused and naive but also damnright insulting, especially given the recent fiasco where he insulting none other than Sri Gobind Singh Ji on facebook and then quickly deleted what he had said. And then you have to think....even monas or people like Bobby Friction wouldn't sink so low so are we showing this man too much respect simply because he looks the part ? As a man then, he is as good and as flawed as any of us. But as a 'role model' he is definately not someone who should even appear on the list.

what did he say

I vaguely remember him saying a few years ago that he shouldn't be held up as a role model for Sikhs, because his saroop isn't a statement on his true beliefs. I think that's the jist of it, it was a while ago.

Why do these ‘sikhs’ still insist on keeping their sikhi image? I’ve seen many of his youtube commenters still believing he actually is a sikh because he keeps uncut hair. You would think someone with his background would know better.

Why do these sikhs still insist on keeping their sikhi image? Ive seen many of his youtube commenters still believing he actually is a sikh because he keeps uncut hair. You would think someone with his background would know better.

Freedom to choose I suppose. If he wants to grow a beard and keep uncut hair under a turban, then I guess he's free to do so. I agree, it does send out mixed messages.