How Did Mongolians Build Such A Large Empire

sikhstudent99

Well, did they make all those discoveries because of Islam or in spite of Islam?

That's the first thought that crossed my mind. Spot on.

They were very smart people way before they fell under the sword of Islam. That faith didn't just increase their I.Q.'s and made them world-beaters, lol, as you well know.

It's a shame what happened to the Zoroastrians (Persians) when they succumbed to Islam. They were a wonderfully unique culture pre-Islam.

They were very smart people way before they fell under the sword of Islam. That faith didn't just increase their I.Q.'s and made them world-beaters, lol, as you well know.

It's a shame what happened to the Zoroastrians (Persians) when they succumbed to Islam. They were a wonderfully unique culture pre-Islam.

In Islam, pre-Islam is known as "jahilya", the age of ignorance.

Do people know, when Mongols conquered Baghdad, they weren't sullay, they slowly converted over generations after taking over. When they first landed they burnt down the grand library there. This set sullay back in terms of civilisation. Curiously it was a mix of Islam and Mongul military savagery that later fused leading to the Moghuls.

Apparently the Brits destroyed a lot of literature after Panjab was annexed too.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/12683-the-prebritish-annexation-educational-system-in-the-panjab/

Sorry, you're right. I should have said conquered instead of defeated (they've definitely been defeated in battles that took place on their home turf). but even then it isn't really true. The difficulty lies in that 'Afghanistan', and by extension, Afghans, didn't exist as a single nation or a single people until quite late in history. It was a historical backwater, just a no-man's land straddling the vacuum between two ancient civilizations. Successive waves of invaders and imperialists did construct outposts in parts of what is now Afghanistan and used it as a thoroughfare to access richer parts of the world, but none of them ever really managed to consolidate the entire region all at once. This is why you wont find any shrines to the Vedic Gods in the north and far west, even though there are quite a few in the southern lands that border the Hindu Kush. When Afghanistan finally scrambled to its feet and assumed the mantle of nationhood however, they never submitted to foreign domination ever again - even when somebody assumed nominal control the Afghans never gave up fighting them, unlike most of the conquered peoples throughout history ( including our own people).

Lol, I wouldn't say I'm smarter than you, my frilly way of speaking just tricks people into thinking that.

Ahh afghans an pashtuns had bin conquered by arabs hence why there muslim as well conqeured by turks under nadar shah as well as by mughul turks an biharis an the british after secind anglo afghan war who ruled afghanistan no different then how princely states

Guest Jacfsing2

Zoroastrians are still a surviving faith, the reason for their decline is mostly spiritual than political: They don't even allow a non-Zoroastrian by birth to convert. So even if there were some Muslims really interested in this religion whose main teachings are: Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds, they couldn't because of some religious law.

• 1 month later...

What political tacts did they use who did they build alliances with

There are only 11 million mongolions in the world out of 6 billion people yet making less then 1 percent of the population they built the largest empire taking countries like japan china russia iran afghanistan iraq

What kept sikhs from building a massive empire an ther are 20 million sikhs today

They used muscle power, mate.

Yep, pure brute force. Back in those days, whoever hit hardest more often than not came out on top. In a way, it was complete fairness; no cowardly hit and run tactics, or destruction from above with rockets and missiles. By and large, your skill with a sword and your prowess on horseback determined your success as a warrior.