Sikhi the only way?

Jedi_Singh

Seems like there are two parties here fighting with each other and each party is trying to protect its member.. or maybe im way too stressed by my finals :wub: ...

veerjeeoo we all are doing this wacko.gif

so pls excuse me from this discussion :wub:

Good luck ya all !! Peace

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first thing's first, i should retrieve what i said about the parents thing..very outta character of me, and not the right thing to say, so bijla singhji, i'm sorry i brought family into it.

i still don't agree with you for the following reasons:

1) never mentioned anything about 100% true... i firmly believe that there is alot of value from what comes out of other religions... i also see alotta c r a p..... but that's me being a manmukh and still judging other things, instead of myself.

2) and it was said, it really has nothing to do with modernism singhji...... tolerance and respect goes a long way, these are two things that are essentally pillars in our teachings....

3) i'm not sure i agree with you that naam is the ONLY way to reach heaven.... i still believe there's other ways to cross an ocean....we jus happen to have a motorboat...

the biggest fear i have is this mentality even going further into our own religion and doing the same within the panth..... imagine if all of a sudden one jatha happened to say things like "you're wrong, you have no truth, OUR sikhi is better than YOUR sikhi"..... the mentality never ends...... the thoughts always remain, and thoughts are stronger than any otehr thing in this world.......a little bit out of subject, but if i remember, it was yogi parmananda, or some other achieved soul, whos aid that man will conquer the wolrd before he conquers his own mind..... perhaps it was bauji... i really do forget........

point being, we've gotta protect our minds from mentalities that are actually in themselves not inline with sikhi..... again, this is me saying that what i've take

n from gurbaani isn't that sikhi is the ONLY path, but simply the fastest, and best... that it takes some seriously good karma to be born a sikh... but it doesn't mean that other followers of different faiths can not achieve any form of salvation.....

and i still agree with JSS veerji, that the STTM translations are not the beginning and the end...... the reason sikhi is universal is the fact that you can actually take from baani what it means to YOU...... MKhalsa blog says the same thing, and it's something that really made me think..... that we jus throw out definitions like candy now...... not that it's a bad thing..candy always makes the child come back for more, but why settle for candy when we can go the extra mile and get a hot fudge sundae, with extra whipped cream, almonds, peanuts and a cherry on top?

(somewhere, i lost track of my thought..)

either way, i'm sorrry again for involving personal matters, so please forgive me. and if no one else has any questions for me to answer, this time, i really will go back into my cave..

JSS, it is not me who said it first. read japmans post first and give your lectures to him. it is totally my business what I would teach my kids and no one has the right to question what my parents taught me. I did not insult any religion. I hold Sikhi above all. if to you that is insulting other religions then it is not my fault. I never said other religions are 100% false. just because I think Sikhi is the only way doesn't mean I have no respect for other religions. this is just the way your pathetic thinking is. true gursikhs reached high avastha only by following Sikhi and none of them ever mentioned any way to reach god other than Sikhi.

and japmans, i liked your idea of "motor boat". this I agree with. and good luck to those who are getting across the ocean by swimming.

just repeating

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

jedi singh jeeO

hukam bhee tinaa manaayesee jinaa dhurey kamaayaa naaO

Maharaj ji make only those people obey THEM who in their previous births did naam di kamaaee

but if you pray deep enough & hard enough

then may be Maharaj ji may decide to ignore your lack of naam kamaaee

bless you with power to resist from trimming your hair & other anti-sikhi actions

so its clear its Maharaj ji's choice to make you THEIR beloved son(sikh)

to know The God & love THEM is no laughing matter

no man can introduce you to The Lord and make you able to meet THEM

only the sargun-saroop of The Lord (Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaj ) can introduce you to God & make you capable of meeting THEM.

The God are everywhere , inside everyone but you have to see THEM inside yourself first then you can see THEM always 24/7/365 everywhere.

u r not stubborn khalsapreet singh jeeO

Maharaj ji confirm the same point --- Guru jee are the only Guru

satgur baajhO gur nahi kOee

nigurey kaa hai naaO buraa

jss jeeO sikhi is the most easy as well as the most difficult

most difficult cuz Maharaj ji demand your HEAD(means whole of the body above the middle portion of the neck) while you come begging at THEIR CHARAN

KAMAL for Amrit

picturize this

your head includes eyes, ears , brain (mann budh chit hankaar) , nose, tongue & teeth , lips , forehead , your facial hair

Maharaj ji tell us

aayO sunan parhan kaO baani

naam bisaar lagaiy ann laalach

biRthaa janam praani

<

br> so with eyes & ears we have to read & listen to words Maharaj ji wrote for us

brain must be cleaned first

which is impossible to do

mann ki matt tiyaagO har jan

ehaa baat kaththainee

brain is not your living room which can be vacuumed

baani & naam are the the only way to clean it

thats why five banis in morning one in evening one at sleep time

& naam recommended 24/7/365

cuz

so chhoottaiy mahajaal tey jiss gurshabad nirantar

this whole universe is a mahajal - a matrix

& has been made out of nothing( read big bang theory)

and only one name - complete name - true name(satnaam) can save you

& only Maharaj ji can impale your heart with naam

eh jag dhooey ka paahaar

tai saachaa jaaneyaa keh bichaar

(this whole is a mountain of smoke how come you believe it to be real )

science says everything is nothing but collection of atoms

visit www.platonia.com and you can know even time has no existence

Maharaj ji tell us

jaisey supnaa paykhnaa taisey jag kaO jaan

inn meh kachh saachO nahi nanak bin bhagwaan

The God The Lord are real but all else is not

the portion above your neck controls the input to your heart which is below neck

it is the heart which is capable of loving & follows no reason

if love someone cuz we need that fellow; that love is worst form of love

but if we love someone cuz we just like that fellow then thats love

pathway to The Lord opens with the feeling of extreme pain in heart

(not physical pain like angina etc.)

dukh darwaza rOh rakhwala aasaa andeysaa dO-E patt jarhey

if door opens you have to fight with anger & all enemies with the help of naam bani

i heard

bhagat karey marjeevarhey

gurmukh bhagat sada hoye

you have to be gurmukh to be a bhagat

kaami krodhi laalchee

inn sey bhagat naa hOee

bhagat kare kOee soormaa

jaat varan kul khOee (i can't say wh

ether its gurbani or not; please forgive me for this. i just heard it & remember it as such without the knowledge of its source. but i like it)

bhai gurdas jee tell about the hunger of The Lord

gobind bhaaO bhagat da bhukkhaa

Maharaj ji make a bhagat out of a person

so that; that bhagat can supply bhaaO(love) & bhagat to The Lord

as bhagat naamdev tell us

LOg kuttamb sabb-hoo tey tOraiy

taO aapan bedhee aavai hO

you don't have to go to jungles but stay in family -- you have to be a family person

but inside you have to be unvarnished like Lotus who always stays above the marsh

sikhi is most difficult cuz its khandeydhaar path - walking on edge of double edged sword

fighting 24/7/365 with lust , anger , greed , infatuation(mOh) & ego who with their most potent five lethal weapons 1 touch 2 sight 3 taste 4 smell 5 hearing can waylay you & tear you apart & keep your mind enslaved; is no easy matter.

when you are in the protection of sangat then you are safe but when you are alone only God or Maharaj ji can save you.

70% of earth is covered with undrinkable water

for drinkable water you have to dig deep

dirt is flying & lying everywhere diamonds lie either in deep mountains or highly secure safes

if you are serious about meeting The Lord then meet people who are seeking THEM 24/7/365

but those people are real diamonds but you will have to work hard to meet them

see discovery channel how diamonds are discovered

these fellows are not dirt like me who just keep falling into other people's eyes or hair or everywhere & anywhere

these people can really make your hands forget how to trim your facial hair

these luckiest charmers can teach your hands to pray to The Lord

aathth pehar kar jorh saas saas dhiyaaeeaiy

jaa aapey hOe kirpaal taa bhagat sang paaeeaiy

if you recite the name of The Lord 24/7/365 then The Lord will have mercy on you & will allow

you to meet THEIR bhagats

sikhi is most difficult cuz your throat may dry up reciting the name of The Lord and your dirty mind will suggest reciting punjabi songs or other stuff and you will be again gone

Maharaj ji guide us that

naa kO moorakh naa kO siyaaNNaa

vartaiy sabb kichh tayraa bhaaNNaa

that no one is a fool no one is wise

but its just your sweet will O Lord which is prevailing everywhere & everytime

sikhi is most easy for those who are the chosen ones; the gupat diamonds.

for me hardly there is hardly any second or a microsecond when my heart is not influenced with maayaa

bhul chook maaf kar denaa jeeO

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

jss jeeO

you are right in saying that no one can translate gurbani perfectly

giyani giyaan singh ji mention in gur it-haas

a sikh requested Guru Hargobind Sahib jee to make translation of gurbani

Maharaj ji convinced that sikh that no one can translate gurbani

its agaadh bodh

but this is true if a sikh tries properly to follow Guru ji' order then gurbani's meaning will definitely trickle into that gursikh's heart

there may be four doors of Harmandir Sahib but there is only one way over water that goes to the divine sachkhand centered in the water

Maharaj ji could have made four paths all over the water too

it just shows way to people coming from all four directions that there is only one way to The Lord. Guru Arjundev Sahib jee are the first shaheed of sikh Kaum. i hope thats not so funny . Guru Tegbahadur Sahib jee became shaheed to save hindus. Maharaj ji are just against forced conversion. thats not funny at all.

some words really hurt and are not at all funny.

bhul chook maaf kar dena jeeO

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 266

srb Drm mih sRyst Drmu ]

sarab dhharam mehi sraesatt dhharam ||

Of all religions, the best religion

hir ko nwmu jip inrml krmu ]

har ko naam jap niramal karam ||

is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct.

sgl ik®Aw mih aUqm ikirAw ]

sagal kiraaa mehi ootham kiriaa ||

Of all religious rituals, the most sublime ritual

swDsMig durmiq mlu ihirAw ]

saadhhasa(n)g dhuramath mal hiriaa ||

is to erase the filth of the dirty mind in the Company of the Holy.

sgl audm mih audmu Blw ]

sagal oudham mehi oudham bhalaa ||

Of all efforts, the best effort

hir kw nwmu jphu jIA sdw ]

har kaa naam japahu jeea sadhaa ||

is to chant the Name of the Lord in the heart, forever.

sgl bwnI mih AMimRq bwnI ]

sagal baanee mehi a(n)mrith baanee ||

Of all speech, the most ambrosial speech

hir ko jsu suin rsn bKwnI ]

har ko jas sun rasan bakhaanee ||

is to hear the Lord's Praise and chant it with the tongue.

sgl Qwn qy Ehu aUqm Qwnu ]

sagal thhaan thae ouhu ootham thhaan ||

Of all places, the most sublime place,

nwnk ijh Git vsY hir nwmu ]8]3]

naanak jih ghatt vasai har naam ||8||3||

le='color:080088'>O Nanak, is that heart in which the Name of the Lord abides. ||8||3||

As maya increased there was a need of the fastest way and easiest way of Naam Simran. So Waheguru Ji started Sikhi.

THAT'S IT!!!

by doign wrong things, will ruin ourspirituality and henc emake us go back, and it will take more time in the path as we'll go back and front!!!

thas the guidlines of Sikhi, i.e don't have Relationships before/outside marriage s- it's going to RIP APPART ur spirituality big time - u'll go back on th e paath, yby doign paath u'll develop, but u'r not moving forward as you keep moving bakc for every step forward u take - if tha makes sense :wub:

Paath of Sikhi : ---------------------------------------->

Path of a person who does Paath and paap -------------->then five steps back---->

see you are developing, but you're doign it really slowly..

which is the same, by doing meaningless baseless ritualls, your goign backwards, but with the devotion ur going forward, sot he outcome is tha after a few thousand reincarnations - ur there!

Why Did Guru Nanak Dev ji join the namaz??

yeah he left when te Qazi though of horses, but why did he go in the first place, if it was all fake, and all

I

39; not Syaing Islam is the true way or something (cause most people who know me, know im the opposite tongue.gif ) BUT that it's the devotion of the person tha counts

I agree - why was Sia Mia MIr ji honoured to put the first brick?

WHy was Bhai Mardana ji aloud to follow Udasis?

How did Bhagat Nam Dev ji Achieve Mukti and the high state he was in.

Same way Sikh i IS the QUICKEST and EASIEST WAY, but not the ONLY way - it's the Devotion and LOVE.

bhullk chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!

guru pyario,

it has been said that the quotes i was dropping of gurbani like candy are irrelevent because their translations are not definite

i certainly did not post the translations with that intention

i was just making use of this nifty STTM feature on sikhsangat

to be frank, i am not very fond of the translations on STTM myself

nonetheless, if you leave aside the translations, the gurbani thuks explain themselves

i believe the gurbani thuks clearly show that all other dharams are great and good, they are very holy and following them is very admirable. If you are a True Muslim or a True Hindu, that is such a divine accomplishment.

please don't get me wrong and assume i don't like other people from other religions. in fact i respect people from other faiths very much.

however i believe at the same time those gurbani thuks, in their original gurbani, and NOT as a result of their translation, prove without the shred of a doubt that all the dharams of the past jugs were in one place, but this is the KAL JUG.

Guru sahib says all of the past rituals and karams were fine and dandy in THOSE ages. but now we are in the KAL JUG.

In those ages you COULD get muktee in those ways. In those ages you COULD unite with God through other ways. Now, in the KAL JUG, the nirmal dharam is Gurmat. The Mahaa Gurmantar is Waheguru. The jagat Guru is Nanak.

Please forgive my mistakes... and please excuse me from this discussion!!

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaavaaheguroojeekeefathehhhh!!!

Jedi,

Maharaj says 'Kaljug Meh Keertan Pardhaana' - In the dark age of Kaljuga Keertan is the highest. So, if you sing the praises of the almighty Guru then you yourself will be inspired back into Sikhi, because all you will feel is Love for the Guru.

Old Spools from 1960 on AKJ.ORG are full of love for Vaheguru. I hope Maharaj does Kirpa on you and blesses you with Sikhi. What you are going through at the moment is an obvious test from Guru to see if you remember him.

This Keertan was performed in Bhai Randhir Singhs time. One year before his passing away.

1960's Old Spools