The problem I have with weird Sikhs doing iftar/Eid meals for Muslims

genie

On 6/18/2018 at 4:56 PM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

This is ridiculous.. Guru Hargobind ji had a masjid built. Sikhi is special because of its inclusiveness despite everything 

You make us sikhs sound like turn the other cheek pacifists. That no matter what others do to us we will keep trying to be their friend and letting them come into our house to beat our family up and steal everything. 

We help the needy. When someone is vulnerable. 

Or we leave ppl alone to practice their faith while we practice ours.

We shouldnt bend over backwards to accomodate other ppl. I dont know when we've ever been that inclusive. 

But I do think, ppl are making a bigger thing abt this eid thing. Its the old timers doing it. Who have the same cultural background as the ahmediyas. In terms of language and culture. And its once a year. Doesnt hurt us too much. 

Btw, thise muslims that wear kareh and pretend to be sikhs and come to gurudwareh and nagarkirtans. And also those pakistani muslims part of the grooming gangs, are they ahmedis?

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

You make us sikhs sound like turn the other cheek pacifists. That no matter what others do to us we will keep trying to be their friend and letting them come into our house to beat our family up and steal everything. 

We help the needy. When someone is vulnerable. 

Or we leave ppl alone to practice their faith while we practice ours.

We shouldnt bend over backwards to accomodate other ppl. I dont know when we've ever been that inclusive. 

But I do think, ppl are making a bigger thing abt this eid thing. Its the old timers doing it. Who have the same cultural background as the ahmediyas. In terms of language and culture. And its once a year. Doesnt hurt us too much. 

Btw, thise muslims that wear kareh and pretend to be sikhs and come to gurudwareh and nagarkirtans. And also those pakistani muslims part of the grooming gangs, are they ahmedis?

ever heard the phrase give an inch and they take a mile ... there is a serious mental disconnect in our people if they allow the King of Kings darbar to promote other dharam granths , it's ok if they are talking about Guru Sahiban shared itihaas , doing kirtan e.g. mirasi descendents of Bhai Mardana etc , even reading their namaz but preaching from quran, no. Only Guru Sahiban's voice should rule Darbar .

As for murtian and devi devtey pooja , there are literally millions of asthaans to do this outside Guru Sahibs' Darbar  there is no need EVER to disrespect Guru Sahiban for this natak baazi, we are not Massa Ranghar to have dancing women in Guru ji's hazoori

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

That photo of the Singh with the umbrella is just weird and cheesy.

I had some eid food at work  samosa,  halwa, samia, ras malai it was nice 

I've seen videos online of people letting the ahmdiya Muslims reciting Quran right next to guru Granth sahib ji while standing. I don't like the double standards I remember a few years ago some ramgharia gurdwara was in trouble because they let the Hindus celebrate navatri inside and the hindu ladies were dancing infront of their murtis.  I mean what's the difference? Why are murtis and dancing not ok while letting Muslims pray and recite Quran in gurdwara is ok? Some of these sikhs are begging for acceptance and approval, how embarrassing. I mean what's next, Christmas trees and father Christmas, bet you sikhs who love approval from goreh would love to do that.

From where did you consume eid food? I dont think thats allowed per sikhi! I think its appropriate to eat consumables from gurmukhs/langar/buy it yourself, rather than people of other faiths since Ive heard that whomever we eat from we get influenced by their intellect. 

4 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Do I? How do I sound like a pacifist or make 'us' sound like pacifists ? 

Please explain.. 

You seem to be getting ahead of yourself 

On 6/18/2018 at 10:29 PM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Yeah and what is your point.. You seem to be saying well that because others don't have the principles of sikhi that we should be mimic that behaviour.. 

Guru Hargobind ji more than anyone on this forum had reason to have animosity towards Muslims since his father was killed by Islamic fundamentalists and bigots.. 

On the battle field bhai khanyia nursed all.. And guru gobind singh ji said he was a representation of real sikhi. 

Iftar meals are nothing new.. It's simply langar inviting people to break bread.. 

Sikhi is strong and unique because its not weakened by showing love.. By accepting difference.. By showing acceptance isn't the same as acquiescence to a ideal.. It demonstrates that your truth is higher and principled. 

Much of what is being said here is anti sikh.. 

actually you are reading a lot of nothing into what people are saying , why are you so concerned about feeding muslims when we have plenty of bibian without support, homes, food day on day in Delhi and Punjab , Farming families who have lost their breadwinners which should be helped above and beyond the photo opp iftar ...

there are 200 million muslims in India who can do langar/quilinqas themselves easily enough and yet they don't because it's all mouthwash , t' we do roza to feel what the poor feel, to make us open our hearts to them' . Their zakat is only ever spent on muslims did you know that ? If they can look after their own first what is the big hurt if we do the same , we have been instructed to look after garib sikhs by Guru Sahiban themselves but that doesn't matter because you and all the bleeding heart types only think of outsiders as being more  worthy.

we are a small kaum only 27 million on the planet they are 1.3 billion , so pardon me if I put lawaaris sikh bache , struggling PTSD suffering youth and homeless Singhnian before the oil financed nations ...

Bhai Kanaiya didn't abandoned the sikhs to serve the muslims did he now? He served all initially starting with his mandate of helping the fallen sikhs . Guru HarGobind ji and all Guru Sahiban are app parmeshwar so it is in their nature to be samm drisht and yet what did Guru Gobind SIngh ji keep on instructing his sikhs do not believe in others who give saugand and kasams on their granths , fight for your own raj , take it with your own will and strength , he didn't say go on trust all and sundry to have your back , give away all your resources without dealing with the needs of the panth.

I guess you'd be the type to try and put oxygen mask on others WITHOUT putting your own one first.

Do langar , do iftar suppers but first deal with our own panths' needy because no one else is going to help them , not the christians, not the hindus, not the buddhists not the muslims unless....we make them so desperate they leave the faith that their families died for and that shame will be ours forever.

8 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

actually you are reading a lot of nothing into what people are saying , why are you so concerned about feeding muslims when we have plenty of bibian without support, homes, food day on day in Delhi and Punjab , Farming families who have lost their breadwinners which should be helped above and beyond the photo opp iftar ...

We don't have to do one over the other we should be able to both.. 

It's a old tradition that speaks to the uniqueness of sikhi and one which I for one don't have a problem.. 

I'm not such a cynic to think it is done just for photo opportunities but I think your comment has some value 

15 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

We don't have to do one over the other we should be able to both.. 

It's a old tradition that speaks to the uniqueness of sikhi and one which I for one don't have a problem.. 

I'm not such a cynic to think it is done just for photo opportunities but I think your comment has some value 

it is not an old tradition it is a recent thing i.e. the last ten years  to make iftar for them , don't try to mix and match one time building of mosques and temples for the poor, and this new trend . We may have provided a place of worship but we didn't then provide bi-yearly month long feasts .

Fact is you are not pushing for your own poor and suffering at all , it hurts you more about taking back food service from non-sikhs who really do not need it but just take advatadge

5 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

it is not an old tradition it is a recent thing i.e. the last ten years  to make iftar for them , don't try to mix and match one time building of mosques and temples for the poor, and this new trend . We may have provided a place of worship but we didn't then provide bi-yearly month long feasts .

Fact is you are not pushing for your own poor and suffering at all , it hurts you more about taking back food service from non-sikhs who really do not need it but just take advatadge

True. It's all about novelty now, one Gurdwara does an Iftar for Muslims and then the others start to do the same thing. Unfortunately our people are more interested in short term photo opportunities than in thinking and taking action by looking at the long term. 

1 hour ago, proactive said:

True. It's all about novelty now, one Gurdwara does an Iftar for Muslims and then the others start to do the same thing. Unfortunately our people are more interested in short term photo opportunities than in thinking and taking action by looking at the long term. 

it's this bhed chaal which is killing our panth Baru sahib was just posting a boastful piece on how Bangla Sahib and 10 other Delhi Gurdwareh were implementing FSAAI food standards obviously a govt initiative and needing inspectors and inspection , which could lead to shutting down of Guru ka langar for flimsy excuses ... I think it is a terrible step but the sheep kept bleating about how it was a good initiative and didn't bat an eyelid at the idea of langar getting shutdown by nonsikhs.
Already this year Chabeels have been stopped by police for no apparent legal reasons , jhandey removed from our private vehicles ... why don't this stupid delhites get it ???