My mom is Sikh-Hindu.

Gagan1995

My Family is Saini originally from Jalandhar [ Hot bed of Sainis ] and also Hindus. Even when I was young , there were puja being held in my house , where 15-20 other women would show up and sit in a room doing some hindu puja , I also remember being scarred when I saw a dude coming into the Puja room in a full tiger costume , down on all fours , and some young girl dressed up like a Sita ma or whatever hindu god , I don't remember. My mom also has built a little " mandir " in a closet in our house . She put pics of Guru Nanak along with kali ma and other hindu god pictures and she put red tikka on all photos and lit up little scented candles . When I told her to stop doing this hindu gand , she gets mad . She's also not a fan of Sant Bhinderwala. But this is not a special case, there are many of these hindu-Sikh dual followers in Punjab, which is already down to 58 percent Sikh . Get ready for assimilation , as  so many UP / Biharis Bhaiyyas pour into  Punjab buying up properties. Bandar Chor CM Fat Pig Arminder is too busy complaining to Canada about  Khalistanis and putting Buffet places out of business. 

Hahahaha I had a gut feeling that this guy if not a practicing Hindu then he must have some Hindu relatives.From my years on this forum and on FB I I can tell that an average NRI Sikh hates Muslims (which is understandable given UK grooming scandals) but that average NRI Sikh does not go out of his way to criticize Pakistan or call it Porkistan. Hindutavis have some special hatred for Pakistan and those Sikhs who are from Hindu background have the same mentality about Pakistan. 

HAHA! the tiger costume!   let your mum do the hindu stuff and you concentrate on Sikhi, if she does puja then you do simran. 

luckily i don't come from a hindu-fyed family. In my entire life my family have gone mandir probably like 5 or 6 times lol. we dont have idols and have never celebrated any hindu festivals. We used to do rakhri but i stopped taking part a couple of years back as i find it embarrassing to have colorful threads around my wrists, its not really my thing! my mum has stopped sending rakhri to her brothers too because she said she can't be asked anymore haha! which is brilliant.   The only odd thing my family does is that we have a "khoo di jagga" in india lol. its one of our ancestors tomb/samadh and my family believe in it, my nanke have their own while my dads side have their own.  When i go india i go to our jaggah as well lol   we just bow down to it. 

But its weird when you go to some Sikhs house and you see images of mata and baba balak nath etc 

puzzled I'm wondering are you jatt heritage because my dadake and ananke have similar anecstor shrines where people do ardas matha tek befor egoing to do a big work like getting married ?

the good thing is my Nanake and Dadake converted the whole thing to doing sewa of living gursikhs and Sehaj/akhand Paath with langar and bhog before such life events , this is done in the name of the shaheeds , I understand nanake is near where ghallugarah happened .

1 hour ago, singhunit said:

Penji - do they still do the sehaj/akhand path at the shrine as this is banned in Punjab. When you say it is done in the name of the shaeeds - do you mean it is no done in the name of the ancestors?

no we do it at pind dharamshala and do matha tek there before getting married or after bringing bharat back. The shrine was to commerate the shaheed who were also purakian of pind