Jump to content
Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

very Random Historical Photographs

Recommended Posts

photo from 1904  outside akal takht. I like how the lady is leaning in to look at the camera lol  looks so curious 

 

53323532_194462308179746_5594186152109386585_n.jpg

Edited by puzzled
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

photo from 1904  outside akal takht. I like how the lady is leaning in to look at the camera lol  looks so curious 

 

53323532_194462308179746_5594186152109386585_n.jpg

In the words of the escaped mental patient London Jawan...sorry, Kunta Kinte  :):

"you are lying Puzzled...only a gullible fool would believe that those are Sikhs unless you firstly provide us with the name of the photographer, tell us what model of camera he was using and which type of film, prove that he bought the camera legitimately and had not stolen it, i.e. provide us with the receipts, buy some software which will supersize the photo and insert some arrows and circles that clearly depict the men's karas and kirpans and provide us with receipts to show that they purchased the karas and kirpans legitimately and had not stolen them, and provide us with a side by side then and now photo of the akal takht from the exact same angle so that we can know for sure that it is in fact the akal takhat they are standing in front of and not the Arndale Centre in Portsmouth'. Lets settle the argument once and for all Puzzled. Why are you not showing us the proof ? '

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

In the words of the escaped mental patient London Jawan...sorry, Kunta Kinte  :):

"you are lying Puzzled...only a gullible fool would believe that those are Sikhs unless you firstly provide us with the name of the photographer, tell us what model of camera he was using and which type of film, prove that he bought the camera legitimately and had not stolen it, i.e. provide us with the receipts, buy some software which will supersize the photo and insert some arrows and circles that clearly depict the men's karas and kirpans and provide us with receipts to show that they purchased the karas and kirpans legitimately and had not stolen them, and provide us with a side by side then and now photo of the akal takht from the exact same angle so that we can know for sure that it is in fact the akal takhat they are standing in front of and not the Arndale Centre in Portsmouth'. Lets settle the argument once and for all Puzzled. Why are you not showing us the proof ? '

😂

I think their standing in Portsmouth 

😂😂

Edited by puzzled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
On 4/25/2019 at 7:49 PM, dallysingh101 said:

. People mentioned haldhee too, and how the west is now jumping on that (I think it is because gorays high levels of dementia which haldhee apparently helps prevent?)

Haldee is crazy good. Multi-purpose good. Just recently we had an ant infestation - ant powder and spray wasn't doing anything so poured haldee on the edges of the outside doors and bish bosh bish...job done. Also, a long time ago, had an old car with a leaking radiator. Took it to the garage which was quoting me something like £500 to fix it. A freshie from Punjab recommended I use a teaspoon of haldee because in India they use it as a sealant to fix leaks. Poured a teaspoon of haldee in my radiator and bish bosh bish....job done. Bobinderjit's yer uncle. No more leak. Haldee is crazy good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 2:32 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

The problem with the west is that if they cannot get something patented then they cannot restrict supply and then create demand to charge and make profits.

Cannibis is a natural growing plant.

There is an interesting story as to how it was made illegal in the first place.

You say that but lo and behold.......

https://patents.google.com/patent/EP2254565A1/en?oq=ep2254565a1

 

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8071641

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sikh guns captured at ambala 838547576_capturedsikhgunsinambala.jpg.3a7cc50a491cc745b1a0cc2c9f533d89.jpg

 

mural of Sikh warrior outside banga ramgharia  in 1902 

1902.jpg.99f18c56745d24e398077ea5792c496f.jpg

 

Image result for tarn taran darbar old photo flickr

 

8a2bf459c8dbc76425575ac338f99677.jpg

 

morcha 1922

Guru-Ka-Bagh-Morcha-1922-.jpg?resize=640%2C471

 

morcha  love this photo

Image result for akali morcha 1922

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not much has changed other than the additional domes on either side.  i like it without the additional domes, made it look unique

 8a2bf459c8dbc76425575ac338f99677.jpgImage result for tarn taran sahib gurdwara

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

not much has changed other than the additional domes on either side.  i like it without the additional domes, made it look unique

 8a2bf459c8dbc76425575ac338f99677.jpgImage result for tarn taran sahib gurdwara

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

This is really interesting

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 10:38 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Haldee is crazy good. Multi-purpose good. Just recently we had an ant infestation - ant powder and spray wasn't doing anything so poured haldee on the edges of the outside doors and bish bosh bish...job done. Also, a long time ago, had an old car with a leaking radiator. Took it to the garage which was quoting me something like £500 to fix it. A freshie from Punjab recommended I use a teaspoon of haldee because in India they use it as a sealant to fix leaks. Poured a teaspoon of haldee in my radiator and bish bosh bish....job done. Bobinderjit's yer uncle. No more leak. Haldee is crazy good.

I made some haldhee powder from fresh haldhee I bought. It's messy and time consuming but worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

This is really interesting

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

thats really interesting, especially the dome and upside down lotus flower

Image result for golden temple dome

Related imageRelated image

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DzVOR9SXQAUzJvx.jpg

How comes these guys were still using the true Khalsa standard at this time? How did the community come to universally accept the modern version over this? 

Did goray do the standard flag change thing they do in places they've conquered? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sikh woman 1870s     it looks like a completely different world 

 

1870s.jpg

same lady as this one

P-15+thumbnail.jpg?format=1500w

 

Edited by puzzled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 5:15 PM, dallysingh101 said:

DzVOR9SXQAUzJvx.jpg

How comes these guys were still using the true Khalsa standard at this time? How did the community come to universally accept the modern version over this? 

Did goray do the standard flag change thing they do in places they've conquered? 

probably earlier on in british raaj?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×

Important Information

Terms of Use