Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

Why Did The Amritdhari Singh Cut His Hair & Start Doing Drugs?

15 hours ago, Singh375 said:

It’s not ideal, put it that way. They are cheap so might as well replace them if they break

15 hours ago, Premi5 said:

How ‘bad ‘ is it to use a broken kangha?

i mean, is it considered to be displeasing to Guru/'wrong' to use a kangha which is broken?

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Premi5 said:

How ‘bad ‘ is it to use a broken kangha?

a splintered kangha can cut through the hair cuticle so very bad if it doesn't shear off the hair it will weaken and damage it

2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

i mean, is it considered to be displeasing to Guru/'wrong' to use a kangha which is broken?

I heard that Singhs used to carry two kange on them one active and one backup just in case of damage during times in Jungle I think it's a good policy to have a stock at home to replace as necessary . Please remember to soak the new kange in oil so they become softer on hair and less likely to splinter , before starting use.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 12:23 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Just a side note: Ain't seen the whole video yet and it is a fascinating subject but these brothers don't seem to be aware of the 'moderness' of the Khanda symbol and seem to think it is puratan, when most of us should know what the original Khalsa nishaan is by now - 

-NHnw6F0sMHghfdy4dAne8LAw_E8rMETc8neMY04

when they talk of khanda can be khanda modern , ad chand (nihang times) or even KHanda as in double edge sword which is actually Akal Purakh's representation (destroys duality)

3 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Overall it’s about respecting the 5ks (as a gift from the Guru). So think we should try keep them in best condition we can

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guruguruji said:

Theres someone I know who has took their Sri sahib off but still had the remaining kakkar. I think maybe this person has got involved in a premarital physical relationship hence the person's excuse was 'I'm not good enough'. 

I've tried explaining that nobody is 'good enough' and we all make mistakes. We are sikhs- learners. 

I have noticed this person's sangat being a bit dodgy hence there's no actual feeling of guilt. 

I don't know what I can do to help this person because explaining just evokes arguments and tension.

Sri sahib should be the last kakkar to go in my opinion. Even if someone is feeling wretched, slipping in Rehit, they should stand prepared for Dharam Yudh if required of them. I think visible roop should go first, not that any kakkar should go. I'm just saying from the point of view of oh I'm not good enough..you should still keep kirpan and maybe fix your rehit and if you're that ashamed maybe don't look like a Khalsa but be unprepared to defend innocence. 

Just now, Guruguruji said:

True but obviously I don't want to say that as I don't want to encourage them to step out of line anymore. 

I guess maybe the kirpan was a visual reminder and caused guilt. Only waheguru ji knows, I'm nobody to judge. I just hope waheguru forgives them and showers his mercy.

Amen. 

On 7/11/2020 at 2:56 PM, jkvlondon said:

when they talk of khanda can be khanda modern , ad chand (nihang times) or even KHanda as in double edge sword which is actually Akal Purakh's representation (destroys duality)

I think some people are genuinely confused though, and think the modern khanda symbol is puratan from Guru ji's time. 

On 7/11/2020 at 7:23 PM, jkvlondon said:

Please remember to soak the new kange in oil so they become softer on hair and less likely to splinter , before starting use.

I've never heard that before. Thanks for the tip 🙂

On 7/11/2020 at 7:23 PM, jkvlondon said:

Please remember to soak the new kange in oil so they become softer on hair and less likely to splinter , before starting use.

Gurpurab diyan vadhaiya ji. I bought a new kanga just today. Could you please tell which oil is to be used and for how long the kanga needs to be soaked in it?

14 hours ago, Khaaik said:

Gurpurab diyan vadhaiya ji. I bought a new kanga just today. Could you please tell which oil is to be used and for how long the kanga needs to be soaked in it?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh

Gurpurab di lakh lakh vadiyan veer ji.

something that you would actually use on your hair , like argan oil, olive oil , I would add a few drops of lavender oil to preventive moulds/yeast and to help keep dandruff at bay . Warm the oil to about hand warm then submerge the kanga leave for least four hours or just leave overnight , wipe off excess oil and start using .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh

Gurpurab di lakh lakh vadiyan veer ji.

something that you would actually use on your hair , like argan oil, olive oil , I would add a few drops of lavender oil to preventive moulds/yeast and to help keep dandruff at bay . Warm the oil to about hand warm then submerge the kanga leave for least four hours or just leave overnight , wipe off excess oil and start using .

Thankyou so much 🙂