Police hate crime probe as Sikh schoolboy attacked on way home

Lostandmessedup

9 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I thought my post contained valuable information. I went to the worst ranked primary school in the whole country. The only reason I passed was due to my parents insistence and perseverance. Learn from this.

I've seen a lot of apne professionals whose kids are failing this test due to them being more lax and softer than their own parents.

That's very interesting. One would assume those parents would be pushing, in a positive way, their kids to achieve. Perhaps the success of the parents means the kids have been raised in an environment where that hunger to succeed and get out of the ghetto, as it were, just isn't a factor, mostly due to them never wanting for anything, because, let's be honest, apne view education as a conduit for materialism and social climbing rather than anything that enriches the mind solely for the pleasure of the pursuit itself.

18 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's very interesting. One would assume those parents would be pushing, in a positive way, their kids to achieve. Perhaps the success of the parents means the kids have been raised in an environment where that hunger to succeed and get out of the ghetto, as it were, just isn't a factor, mostly due to them never wanting for anything, because, let's be honest, apne view education as a conduit for materialism and social climbing rather than anything that enriches the mind solely for the pleasure of the pursuit itself.

That is very true. How many apne become doctors, dentists, IT professionals because they are truly passionate about it? Very few, I think most do it for material gain and for a better standing in society. I'm not saying goreh don't do this but the majority of them who go into professional careers do have a great passion for what they choose to do. This passion then leads them to research and innovation whereas apne just keep the ball rolling.

The heads of Microsoft and Google may be Indian but who actually formed those companies?

2 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I've seen a lot of apne professionals whose kids are failing this test due to them being more lax and softer than their own parents.

There's a theory called enantiodromiaexcess of one thing gives rise to the opposite. E.g. no recession = confidence. Confidence leads to risk-taking. Risks lead to recession

My parents/grandparents generation came to UK because they were poor with little opportunity in India. 

(1) Problem - Sikhs coming to UK didn't know English or have qualifications = had to work manual jobs = low income, trying to build stable life here

(2) Solution - Encourage their children to study hard = good qualifications = good jobs and higher income

(3) Excess - Comfortable off-spring enjoying the life their parents made for them here, 'wrapping our children in cotton wool' - not teaching them how to fight, defend themselves. 

What happens next?

Comfortable life, living in a safe country = we think it will last forever, but it might not ?

“Logic is an invention of man and may be ignored by the universe"

8 hours ago, Singh375 said:

There's a theory called enantiodromiaexcess of one thing gives rise to the opposite. E.g. no recession = confidence. Confidence leads to risk-taking. Risks lead to recession

My parents/grandparents generation came to UK because they were poor with little opportunity in India. 

(1) Problem - Sikhs coming to UK didn't know English or have qualifications = had to work manual jobs = low income, trying to build stable life here

(2) Solution - Encourage their children to study hard = good qualifications = good jobs and higher income

(3) Excess - Comfortable off-spring enjoying the life their parents made for them here, 'wrapping our children in cotton wool' - not teaching them how to fight, defend themselves. 

What happens next?

Comfortable life, living in a safe country = we think it will last forever, but it might not ?

“Logic is an invention of man and may be ignored by the universe"

There is a lot of wrapping kids in cotton wool.

Kids don't even walk to school,  the parents drop them to school.

Kids in the previous generations would take buses (even at primary school level)

That kid was on his way home and he was attacked. 

11 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I thought my post contained valuable information. I went to the worst ranked primary school in the whole country. The only reason I passed was due to my parents insistence and perseverance. Learn from this.

The kids are failing the test us because even back in 1990's you were in competition with kids in your own home town.

Your grammar schools are no longer full of local kids but kids coming far afield like Hounslow, Harrow etc. There is far more competition. 

This is having a two fold effect:

1.) Kids in your home town are being pushed into schools further afield.

2.)Kids in your hometown are being pushed into those less desirable schools so much so that the standards of those less desirable schools are beginning to see improvements. Check the GCSE / A levels in some of those secondary schools. They are higher than the national average. 

What you are also beginning to see is that one over-achieving generation is not going to translate into the next generation because those parents who have gone through the system are quite disillusioned with it all.

Most kids that get into grammar schools are in there because they have been coached to pass and when they get into the grammar school they struggle. It does not hold the same appeal as it used to.

12 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The kids are failing the test us because even back in 1990's you were in competition with kids in your own home town.

Your grammar schools are no longer full of local kids but kids coming far afield like Hounslow, Harrow etc. There is far more competition. 

This is having a two fold effect:

1.) Kids in your home town are being pushed into schools further afield.

2.)Kids in your hometown are being pushed into those less desirable schools so much so that the standards of those less desirable schools are beginning to see improvements. Check the GCSE / A levels in some of those secondary schools. They are higher than the national average. 

What you are also beginning to see is that one over-achieving generation is not going to translate into the next generation because those parents who have gone through the system are quite disillusioned with it all.

Most kids that get into grammar schools are in there because they have been coached to pass and when they get into the grammar school they struggle. It does not hold the same appeal as it used to.

No, even in the 90s there were lots of kids from Southall and Hounslow going to both Langley and Slough Grammar, at Herschel they were importing goreh from outside Slough. If you out the hard-work in your kids will pass, if they are somewhat gifted academically.

1 hour ago, ChardikalaUK said:

No, even in the 90s there were lots of kids from Southall and Hounslow going to both Langley and Slough Grammar, at Herschel they were importing goreh from outside Slough. If you out the hard-work in your kids will pass, if they are somewhat gifted academically.

I did not realise that the shipping kids into those schools went that far back, but it is probably even greater now. 

However, a lot of kids struggle in Grammar School that they have to take external tuition. 

Tuition is very lucrative. 

There is a whole industry behind this. 

But I guess the thing that Grammar schools have over a lot of secondary schools (other than academics ) is there is some level of discipline. 

It is the discipline in classes that helps the students and teachers focus on education rather than being distracted by unruly pupils. 

Secondary schools seem to have a discipline problem because they are full off unruly pupils. I know this very simplistic but I once was listening to one of the school inspectors on radio and it was one of things he mentioned. 

What is very interesting about having Sikh Secondary school for many of our people is that provides an opportunity for another viable option in their minds other than Grammar Schools. 

There have been parents who have been willing to bypass the 11 plus just to get into a more safe secure school if the opportunity arose. 

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I did not realise that the shipping kids into those schools went that far back, but it is probably even greater now. 

However, a lot of kids struggle in Grammar School that they have to take external tuition. 

Tuition is very lucrative. 

There is a whole industry behind this. 

But I guess the thing that Grammar schools have over a lot of secondary schools (other than academics ) is there is some level of discipline. 

It is the discipline in classes that helps the students and teachers focus on education rather than being distracted by unruly pupils. 

Secondary schools seem to have a discipline problem because they are full off unruly pupils. I know this very simplistic but I once was listening to one of the school inspectors on radio and it was one of things he mentioned. 

What is very interesting about having Sikh Secondary school for many of our people is that provides an opportunity for another viable option in their minds other than Grammar Schools. 

There have been parents who have been willing to bypass the 11 plus just to get into a more safe secure school if the opportunity arose. 

To be honest hard work is the most important thing. There were some people who I used to wonder how on earth they managed to pass their test at all and a lot of them would have done no preparation either.

The goreh did will until Year 9 or so but after that they got into the typical habits that working class kids were known for. Their parents did not push them into further education, not a single one of them stayed on for A Levels.

In a town that has grammar schools, the other schools tend to have students who are not academically minded and that causes their unruly behaviour. There were enough of these idiots in our school, I can imagine it being far worse at the other schools. You even see this in Universities. You don't get chavvy rudeboy wannabes at Redbrick Universities.

I always found it strange how the kids who were 'pushed' hard to do well at school by parents and relatives from our community were the most 'mental' at uni once they escaped their parents and relatives . Personally I was never pushed , I studied as I liked it .so was quite boring at unis. But the gujjus, Punjabis and paks who would tell me stories of their upbringing were the ones who drank, did drugs , slept around etc... You should really look at the work of Dr Gabor mate ..and his work on childhood trauma and then you'll understand why our community is so messed up 

On 11/27/2020 at 9:40 PM, ChardikalaUK said:

Did you have a tutor?