Can Sikhi be separated from the land of Punjab?

MisterrSingh

Great points so far. The emerging issue I'm seeing is that Punjab is integral to our history and our way of being, but it's not really OURS. It's marooned in another country that is, let's be honest, hostile to our aspirations and state of being. Without political and other forms of temporal power we are at the mercy of external forces. 

This is again where I feel we're similar to jews, again sorry I know you will not agree with me . and also you don't like me comparing sikhs to jews ? there's no comparison . we're indeed much richer in our history and faith, but when it comes to

"persecution,

losing land ,

scattering over the world " we're with the jews. 

the only thing jews have and we don't is they progressed it to 

"we got the land back and most the jewish diaspora from different parts of world come back " 

NOW, coming back to your question, Can sikhi be separated from Punjab ? Nope ! Can it be extended far beyond punjab ? A resounding Yes ! and infact should have been our policy. This "we don't proselytize" got us nowhere. It might make us appear cool to a few liberals , nothing more. Infact, if we truly believed sikhi was the most straight forward way to god, why would we not preach it to every human ?

ok lets ignore proselytization for a minute. Yes, we do need punjab region as roots, same way as islam needs arabia, christianity and judaism needs israel and hindus need india . We're connected to it, our history, our conscience , the baani of Guru Nanak dev ji uses old punjabi , so we need roots to punjab both geographically and linguistically . However, it doesn't mean we can't be majority or even rulers elsewhere. Mughals ruled india , despite islam being a religion connected to arabia . 

I understand the cause of this question arising. It is because you see how we feel politcally emasculated as a qaum . 

I will tell you one thing here. (something related to future events yet to come) 

My intuition for long has told me that something major is going to happen in this century or the next one. And if you see carefully , the signs of that have begun to appear on face of earth. For instance , I believed Russia India friendship will become cold. And now it seems this is happening . Since China is close friend and partner of Russia. 

World is about to get divided into two axis soon and smaller nations will be forced to pick up a side. And it seems india has already picked up US , as opposed to china and russia. I just have a gut feeling ww3 will erupt this way after the world has become bipolar. and in the aftermath of it sikhs will get raaj after a power vacuum happens . Just as we got it last time when power vacuum occured after marathas and afghans annihilated each other in third battle of panipat 

10 hours ago, Arsh1469 said:

Sikhi has already lost half of Punjab (The Punjab in Pakistan) If we lose all of Punjab we have lost our nation.

whereever Guru ji's charan touched and whereever his flag is now flying high is his nation; Jagat Guru ji's kingdom is Jagat , a tree has roots but it grows and spreads fragrance and fruit everywhere.

Panjab will always be integral to Sikhi. This reminds me of a passage in Panth Parkash where the Singhs requested to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj to bless them with raaj over Panjab. However, Maharaj wanted them to think bigger: 

Furthermore, the panth and the Khalsa have always been considered chakravarti or otherwise free roaming. Can we really be considered this if we are inseparable from the beloved dharti of Panjab? However, mirroring what many have already said, Panjab is our headquarters and is essential (especially considering the current situation and the panth).  

58 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

isn't religion itself founded on sentiments 

I've never heard of religion being referred to as sentimental in nature. Reverence for solemnity, tradition, and the idea of something bigger than us, but never sentimental. 

Sentimental is Punjabi immigrants in the West getting teary-eyed while listening to folk songs about their pind and their jameen while they actually didn't give two flying figs about the place when they were actually living there. That's the kind of obnoxious sentimentality that we suffer from; something that's self delusional and detached from reality.

4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Sentimental is Punjabi immigrants in the West getting teary-eyed while listening to folk songs about their pind and their jameen while they actually didn't give two flying figs about the place when they were actually living there. That's the kind of obnoxious sentimentality that we suffer from; something that's self delusional and detached from reality.

In reality, we only care for money , that's why there're protests now when we see possibility of losing lands, but there were just miniature protests compared to this during beadbi of GGS a few years back