Taliban removes Nishan Sahib, Sikh flag from Gurdwara Thala Sahib, once visited by Guru Nanak Dev - Reports

Premi5

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

I get you now, I misinterpreted what you said. But language would be a big problem, no ? At least they generally know English and Hindi. I think they're are very few Sikhs in most African countries, with a few exceptions. 

These countries in North Africa tend to be quite relaxed compared to middle East. 

We had a neighbour from Morocco in the UK and he was sound. 

What do you mean about the invitation to Saudi ?!

One of the gentlemen I trained with while I was in the air force, an nco from the royal saudi air force gave me an open ended invitation to trave there and stay with him and be chaperoned by him, but that I should only go there under those conditions, not ony my own.  

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Not all muslim cultures are the same. 

If they would prefer some safety and they want their cultural affinity they probably  would better off in Iran (there is already a Sikh community there).

Though I assert their preference is the 

Iran is a good pick. I think the arabs I trained with left that off the list for me due to skin tone and militart affiliation. 

Looking at the news reports, it is astounding at the speed of the takeover by the Taliban.

The Afghan National Army has an army 5 times the size with billions of dollars of weaponary.

This could happen if the Afghan population want the Taliban to takeover and want sharia law.

This is an interesting article a few years ago:

https://thediplomat.com/2018/09/the-last-2-sikhs-in-the-talibans-heartland/

and this is the part that stuck out for me:

“And this harassment is not done by Taliban, but by ordinary local people,” Satnam adds, voicing desperation about the fact that he and his fellow Sikhs are treated like unwanted strangers in their own birthplace. Slowly, over time, this has become intolerable."

as well as this:

Another Afghan and member of the (Muslim) Hazara minority that is also targeted by extremists summed up how bad the overall situation for the Sikh in Afghanistan is: “To be a member of a minority in Afghanistan is hell; but to be a Sikh means being in the innermost circle of hell,” he said.

But these Afghan Sikhs still hold out for returning:

However, Satnam has not yet lost all hope. “I hope that the situation will become good again. Then, other Sikhs might return. After all, some of the ones that left did not sell their houses, but have only rented them out.”

It's almost as if these Sikhs want to go back to an abusive partner.

Just wondering if we were in the same position, would you pick survival but a much lower standard of living or would you try your luck and stay.

It's a tough choice but I would rather live on less than be a dhimmi.

China and Russia prepare to accept Taliban rule of Afghanistan: Beijing officials pose with leaders of militants and Kremlin has 'no plans' to evacuate its embassy due to 'good relations'