System for Anand Karaj or Match Making

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think the problem for us are the tools that are available to facilitate meetings and matches, but it's the differing temperaments, motivations, and mentalities of the people looking for someon

Anyone got any good idea on how we can fix the problem of "Not finding the match". Sikhs around the globe may have cultural differences but we all have a common foundation/ground which is our Guru Sah

Adapt is the more accurate term. Change is vague and could mean anything. And you're looking at it from the wrong perspective, almost as if marriage is a transformative experience for all parties

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

don't know if I can agree totally with the female bashing here , I have known many bibian who were more devout than their men and their attitude and bhagti lead to Guru ji opening up their mens eyes to sikhi and amrit jeevan. The problem is now bibian can choose to remove themselves from destructive unsikh households (frankly what the H did the parents do , by not making sure it was a good household??) because the previous stigma of divorce is considered much less and sufferable than not being able to live their life in a sikh way.

I'm painting a very broad picture, which is why I included that anecdote about Sikh women who transform their husband's lives after marriage, effectively putting their husbands on the straight and narrow. It's very rare but I know of a couple of instances where it's happened. Granted, a hardened criminal from a messed up background isn't going to reform his ways and see the light just because his new Punjaban missus gives him grief, BUT guys who are less along the road of self-destruction, and a tad more amenable to compromise, have been known to buck up their ideas at the behest of their women.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

Having a centralized team, or smaller localized teams, behind the scenes verifying accounts and corresponding directly would really set this service apart. Perhaps a prototype could be launched using this site by creating a matrimonial section? Have anonymous postings with a verification vichola that connects the matches? Just brainstorming.

This is a very good idea. This will bring in postings of those who hesitates and do not want to announce to the world that they are looking.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

Having a centralized team, or smaller localized teams, behind the scenes verifying accounts and corresponding directly would really set this service apart. Perhaps a prototype could be launched using this site by creating a matrimonial section? Have anonymous postings with a verification vichola that connects the matches? Just brainstorming.

main concern of our gursikhs is the character or nature of the family and the prospectives , in the old system in Punjab people of each pind knew the families and thus could verify truth of claimed nature /sikhi in the prospectives family and themselves so the vichola would approach his/her counterpart in that village to ask . Maybe the anonymous vichola could play similar part as often parents may be straight arrows but their son/daughters dodgy or vice versa . I mean peer group would know better a person's behaviour as illustrated by previous discussions

This would be handy for divorced innocents as a character referral system as often bibian are blamed for what was the guy's bad behaviour and vice versa if they are supported by local sangat  then prospectives would have a level of confidence that they are worth looking at

• Like 2
On 11/25/2021 at 2:31 AM, S1ngh said:

Anyone got any good idea on how we can fix the problem of "Not finding the match". Sikhs around the globe may have cultural differences but we all have a common foundation/ground which is our Guru Sahibs teaching. I believe that our community is having hard time in finding the right match. 

My wish is to see a website running a state of art system where it helps our community in a match making or match introduction type of thing. A simple dating script or a website like shaadi.com or sikhmatrimonials.com is not good enough. Good reputable setup solely based on helping our community. Support live agent system to handle queries and privacy protection system etc. 

Any ideas? Is it doable? 

There are plenty of Sikh matrimonial services in the UK- most Gurdwaras have one also.

There’s also ‘meet and greets’ where family can attend in London and Birmingham at least

This is the London one I’m aware of

https://m.facebook.com/SikhShaadiUK/?locale2=en_GB&__tn__=*s-R

If you want to include ‘love support’ you will need to employ a lot of staff

This will make it costly to run and expensive to subscribe to which will limit users 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Premi5 said:

There are plenty of Sikh matrimonial services in the UK- most Gurdwaras have one also.

There’s also ‘meet and greets’ where family can attend in London and Birmingham at least

This is the London one I’m aware of

https://m.facebook.com/SikhShaadiUK/?locale2=en_GB&__tn__=*s-R

If you want to include ‘love support’ you will need to employ a lot of staff

This will make it costly to run and expensive to subscribe to which will limit users 

It will be mainly global but not reserved for certain region. Sangat in UK may not have big hassle in finding someone but sangat living in remote countries may find it difficult to find someone. 

Funding for staffing and such resources won't be any issue. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Nope. No thanks. Research who runs that and be very wary. That particular recycled logo is a bad sign. 

Screenshot_20211127-005707_Chrome.jpg.6eb7c2de6def6db549558886a17416c4.jpg

That's a ... delicate thing to have handled ultimately. I'd trust @S1ngh a million times more than just anyone and that's a million times more than I trust that logo when I see it. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 3:31 AM, S1ngh said:

Anyone got any good idea on how we can fix the problem of "Not finding the match". Sikhs around the globe may have cultural differences but we all have a common foundation/ground which is our Guru Sahibs teaching. I believe that our community is having hard time in finding the right match. 

My wish is to see a website running a state of art system where it helps our community in a match making or match introduction type of thing. A simple dating script or a website like shaadi.com or sikhmatrimonials.com is not good enough. Good reputable setup solely based on helping our community. Support live agent system to handle queries and privacy protection system etc. 

Any ideas? Is it doable? 

It seems like overkill to make an entire website and create matching algorithms in order to facilitate marriage for a community that consists of about 7 people.

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

It seems like overkill to make an entire website and create matching algorithms in order to facilitate marriage for a community that consists of about 7 people.

I think you skipped the whole thread. It is not about this website lol..  Also, Statistics of this are still real good.

Anyway, did you get married? I think your input would be good as i believe you went on the long journey and experience that you may want to share? 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, S1ngh said:

I think you skipped the whole thread. It is not about this website lol..  Also, Statistics of this are still real good.

Anyway, did you get married? I think your input would be good as i believe you went on the long journey and experience that you may want to share? 

I know it's not about this website, it's about the (religious) Sikh community, which is tiny.

No, I didn't get ever get married (did you not notice other forum members call me an "incell"?)

I made a strong effort for many years to meet someone, and I got nowhere. I have given up. And considering all of my personal flaws and shortcomings, it is probably for the best.

• Like 1
On 11/25/2021 at 10:33 AM, S1ngh said:

Does jewish community has something like this as they are also scattered around the globe? 

I'm glad you asked. I have been researching arranged marriages and its prevalent in many cultures. From west as Israel, middle east to far east as Tibet and Nepal. Here's a look into how orthodox jews do it:

They have professional matchmakers. Also have you looked at lavaan.com? 

And if you have a profession in computers or business, I think you should start a program yourself. These days people need to step up. Like bhai jagraj singh did. Donating doesn't go that far. 

I think we should also use personality tests as well as tests of faith. And future goals to find matches.