Do these beauty contests degrade women?

shastarSingh

6 minutes ago, Jassu said:

That's because these winners only get 'famous' or 'well-known' in their own country of origin; she knew she would get more clout if she kept covered up in Bahrain. Harnaaz probs knew deep down the backlash of her wearing a bikini wouldn't be as fruitful as winning, so that's why we have Sikh girls doing these kartootiyan because our religion is weak right now and not strict. We have too many liberal types.

The sense of honor and self-respect should come from within and her family, not the 'back lash' she will face from (Sikh) society.
But yes overall liberal attitude of Sikhs is to blame. Anyways, when is the last time a Sikh girl left her flourishing career in the entertainment to pursue Sikhi? There are many examples of Muslims doing that. In Sikhs you will find the opposite examples. Dhadis who become pop singers (Jenny Johal). So it seems to be a generally lax attitude towards religion from within ourselves as well.

4 minutes ago, SikhKosh said:

The sense of honor and self-respect should come from within and her family, not the 'back lash' she will face from (Sikh) society.
But yes overall liberal attitude of Sikhs is to blame. Anyways, when is the last time a Sikh girl left her flourishing career in the entertainment to pursue Sikhi? There are many examples of Muslims doing that. In Sikhs you will find the opposite examples. Dhadis who become pop singers (Jenny Johal). So it seems to be a generally lax attitude towards religion from within ourselves as well.

oh yeah I totally agree with you. But I would say around 90% of females in Islam are only doing things a certain way EXACTLY due to fear and backlash from society/their family. lol. There is absolutely no backlash against Jenny Johal, that's why she is doing those things. We are way more liberal than Muslims. But I see some aspects of ourselves changing, a lot of Twitter Sikhs are becoming more inclined toward the right and I see singers like Simran Kaur Dhadli singing about powerful Sikh women and admonishing nangi Sikh girls. We need to make people like this more popular. Girls are also influenced by strength and power and if the most common people in our Sikh society are those liberal types who air their views everywhere then ofc girls will be influenced by that. We need more powerful Sikh men with the right mindset. Trust me girls are attracted to that. 

Just now, Jassu said:

oh yeah I totally agree with you. But I would say around 90% of females in Islam are only doing things a certain way EXACTLY due to fear and backlash from society/their family. lol. There is absolutely no backlash against Jenny Johal, that's why she is doing those things. We are way more liberal than Muslims. But I see some aspects of ourselves changing, a lot of Twitter Sikhs are becoming more inclined toward the right and I see singers like Simran Kaur Dhadli singing about powerful Sikh women and admonishing nangi Sikh girls. We need to make people like this more popular. Girls are also influenced by strength and power and if the most common people in our Sikh society are those liberal types who air their views everywhere then ofc girls will be influenced by that. We need more powerful Sikh men with the right mindset.

Yes, we've overall become more panthic over the past few years. Our community was a lost cause in the 2000s. The divide between pappu Sikhs and panthic Sikhs will become wider in the coming years. People used to criticize me for speaking out against Ravi Singh Khalsa Aid helping mostly non Sikhs saying we're all about sarbat da bhala, but today many are doing it. More and more Sikhs are aware during the Christmas period about the Chotay Sahibzaday and so on. The Dhadli thing is true but then again for every one Dhadli you have a thousand hoes on insta, tiktok and snapchat so things need to be adressed from within our homes. Sikh parents need to start focusing more on anakh, honor and a panthic mindset than just getting a western education and 'sarbat da bhala'. Also an emphasis on Sikhs marrying only Sikhs.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:02 AM, SikhKosh said:

Yes, we've overall become more panthic over the past few years. Our community was a lost cause in the 2000s. The divide between pappu Sikhs and panthic Sikhs will become wider in the coming years. People used to criticize me for speaking out against Ravi Singh Khalsa Aid helping mostly non Sikhs saying we're all about sarbat da bhala, but today many are doing it. More and more Sikhs are aware during the Christmas period about the Chotay Sahibzaday and so on. The Dhadli thing is true but then again for every one Dhadli you have a thousand hoes on insta, tiktok and snapchat so things need to be adressed from within our homes. Sikh parents need to start focusing more on anakh, honor and a panthic mindset than just getting a western education and 'sarbat da bhala'. Also an emphasis on Sikhs marrying only Sikhs.

I agree, we're becoming more panthic. 

Just now, 5aaban said:

I agree, we're becoming more panthic. I know much more about Sikhi and Sikh history than people from my parent's generation. I call their generation a "lost" one because after our grandparents, their generation lagged behind on Sikhi. 

I know for a lot of people from the 80s generation; they would be warned not to get too into Sikhi, anyone who was wearing a pagh or even a Kara would get picked up and be missing forever. 

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I know for a lot of people from the 80s generation; they would be warned not to get too into Sikhi, anyone who was wearing a pagh or even a Kara would get picked up and be missing forever. 

A lot of people from this generation find Sikhi discussion "boring" and prefer to gossip instead. 

They tend to be more materialistic than the grandparents generation and pass on the "watered down" version of Sikhi to the children which led to the present generation. 

9 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

It's people from this generation that tried to stop my growing interest in Sikh/Punjabi history, they found discussions on it "boring" and preferred to gossip instead. 

I observed they're more materialistic than the grandparents generation and pass on the "watered down" version of Sikhi to the children which led to the present generation. 

The way to kill a generation, is to kill anyone who even has the potential to be great.

6 hours ago, Jassu said:

Everyone should prioritise their own interests; I literally do not think there's anything wrong with white people feeling concerned about their decreasing numbers and migration from foreign nations. It's kind of the same way we feel about Biharis and UPs and Hindus increasing in our own Punjab. However white people have fringe elements where they aren't as docile and are prone to attack people. These fringe elements are going to become more and more mainstream in the coming years as more and more whites realise their fate, mark my words.

I agree. I mean, for overt racism East Asians will never let you marry their own or hire you but they will bend over backwards for whitey for brownie points. East Asians are very racist towards us desi people. They are also very white worshipping especially their women. Same with Latinas. White people are closet racists, sure, but they aren't as vindictive and tbh I have met many kind white people who seem naive and oblivious. Also, black people are the most physically violent. I literally fear being in ghetto areas with them. And I would be worried about turbanned grandfathers or dads walking around in areas full of poor ghetto whites or blacks (mostly blacks though). 

And there can be people here who dislike certain groups of whites but we are not going to attack anyone just because we may dislike or disagree about something that pertains to them but how many of apne get attacked and killed by goras?

6 hours ago, Jassu said:

A lot of white men have hugeeee egos they say sh!t like ' I can get any woman I want' lol, they know they can get any race easily because a lot of races are literally white worshippers. You see ugly af white men with fit ethnic women. It's disgusting. I don't associate with East Asian and Latin women or else you start thinking about them and trying to make your babies whiter. It is also sad you don't like a man for his personality and how he makes you feel but for his nationality and skin colour. I feel like throwing up

Yeah i agree with you. They usually marry high status people from other groups when they know they wont be able to find high status whites to marry them. You can see it from all famous poc people and who they are married to. I mean cant even blame them. Pocs be getting treated worse than their dogs and still lick their feet. But offcourse not all think like that but i do think majority of whites know about these pocs worshipping the ground they walk on lmaoo and take advantage of that.I mean if you ever see online discussion by white men they will say if they dont get any women in their countries they will just go to asia or latin america and get treated like kings lol. I used to know these two latin american chicks in high school and lets say everything you said is right. They are obsessed with race and status and offcourse white men.