Do these beauty contests degrade women?

shastarSingh

1 hour ago, Jassu said:

I used to have two Muslim girlfriends. For the record they both wore hijabs and they took me to a shisha lounge or whatever it’s called (the hookah thingy) and they smoked and I just had an iced coffee. I swear to God if these girls weren’t forced/killed/or literally shipped to the Middle East and came back pregnant with Mohammed as their husband they would be waaaaaaaay worse and brazen than Sikh girls for real lol.

My Muslimah friends had the hookah in their homes and posted videos of them smoking. They also joked about being forcefully sent back home to get married if their parents found out about their other bad habits. 

They are more brazen than many Sikh girls I know. Even in the era of Maharaja Ranjit Singh many of the nautch girls were Muslim like Moran Sarkar, whom he married. She then outraged her Muslim community by spending one of her first nights with Maharaja Ranjit Singh on top of the Wazir Khan Mosque minaret! 

4 hours ago, Jassu said:

I used to have two Muslim girlfriends. For the record they both wore hijabs and they took me to a shisha lounge or whatever it’s called (the hookah thingy) and they smoked and I just had an iced coffee. I swear to God if these girls weren’t forced/killed/or literally shipped to the Middle East and came back pregnant with Mohammed as their husband they would be waaaaaaaay worse and brazen than Sikh girls for real lol.

Why are they not your friends now ?

10 hours ago, Jassu said:

Yes. I know several that would fling their hijab off as soon as they got to school and put it back on before entering their family’s car. lol. Plenty have premarital sex. My Dutch friend was telling me that in the Netherlands that is common for Muslimas to ask white guys to only have an*l sex with them which is disgusting. (So they can stay a virgin). He said it is VERY common. Also I literally see muslimas wearing 20 kg of makeup. They wear more makeup than our Punjabi girls. & wear tight clothes with a hijab on. Like, lmao. This forum literally praises them for no reason.

I see you're having nice wholesome conversations with your Dutch boyfriend then. lol!!!!

I praise them, because even when hijabans are flirting with you, they do it discreetly. Apneean do it crassly, with like a big banner over them that clearly says 'easy hoe!!'  that everyone can see in a 10 mile radius.  

A lot of asian sulliyan are sick of their menfolk these days and are getting rebellious......they will let you know they are up for it. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I see you're having nice wholesome conversations with your Dutch boyfriend then. lol!!!!

I praise them, because even when hijabans are flirting with you, they do it discreetly. Apneean do it crassly, with like a big banner over them that clearly says 'easy hoe!!'  that everyone can see in a 10 mile radius.  

A lot of asian sulliyan are sick of their menfolk these days and are getting rebellious......they will let you know they are up for it. 

I don’t know which type of ‘Apneaan’ you know but none of the Sikh girls I have known are like how you’re describing them to be. 

Just now, 5aaban said:

Hijabi Muslimahs are somewhat equivalent of Amritdhari girls but no Amritdhari Sikh girl would behave like them, discreetly or non discreetly. 

They more easily go between Hijab and no Hijab. I knew a girl at Uni who was Hijabi, then not , then Hijabi again

On 1/2/2022 at 4:47 AM, Premi5 said:

They more easily go between Hijab and no Hijab. I knew a girl at Uni who was Hijabi, then not , then Hijabi again

Yes that’s right, being an Amritdhari is a far bigger commitment than being Hijabi.  The way Sikh girls are generalised and stereotyped based on the behaviour of some UK girls on this forum is disgusting! 

2 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

I don’t know which type of ‘Apneaan’ you know but none of the Sikh girls I have known are like how you’re describing them to be. Is this more common in North America or in the UK perhaps? 

Where are you?  Some brash apneean have made a bimbo-hoe reputation for themselves over decades in places, and the brothers ain't been better with their drunk, bhangra paa-ing fetishes. But things are changing thankfully. Not least of all because certain people attacked the community tendency to hide every issue like it wasn't happening.....

Burying Your Head In The Sand?. Take a deep breath… | by Joy Stevens | Joy  Lifestyle | Medium

Hijabi Muslimahs are somewhat equivalent of Amritdhari girls but no Amritdhari Sikh girl would get to the shenanigans Hijabans get up to, discreetly or non discreetly. 

There's been cases of some getting groomed, so no, I think you've been closeted a bit maybe? But yeah, overall Amritdhari bibian are less likely to get caught out like that.  

5 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

I just joined this forum and the way Sikh girls are generalised and stereotyped every time makes me think Sikh males hate Sikh girls. 

They don't, we've just got a certain bimboesque, loud, mouthy type, who are promiscuous and in your face about it. It's something that has to be addressed. There actions have repercussions on our panth's reputation. Don't take it personally. And pretending these types don't exist doesn't help. A lot of progress has been made though. 

11 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Where are you?  Some brash apneean have made a bimbo-hoe reputation for themselves over decades in places, and the brothers ain't been better with their drunk, bhangra paa-ing fetishes. But things are changing thankfully. Not least of all because certain people attacked the community tendency to hide every issue like it wasn't happening.....

Burying Your Head In The Sand?. Take a deep breath… | by Joy Stevens | Joy  Lifestyle | Medium

There's been cases of some getting groomed, so no, I think you've been closeted a bit maybe? But yeah, overall Amritdhari bibian are less likely to get caught out like that.  

I am from Australia so not aware of how Sikh girls in other western countries may act. I wasn’t aware of this stereotype because it doesn’t exist here. Never heard of grooming either until I followed Sikh Youth UK. 

1 minute ago, 5aaban said:

I am from Australia so not aware of how Sikh girls in other western countries may act. I wasn’t aware of this stereotype because it doesn’t exist here. Never heard of grooming either. 

Is this due to longer exposure to the west in the UK? 

No, I don't think so. For some reason, I think Panjabi culture and values were more strongly promoted in the past than Sikhi - that's a big part of it, but it's more complex than just that.