Panjab marriages and exodus

5aaban

34 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think in large parts of the diaspora we do have a strong identity, the problem is that it's just a shallow one, based on crap 'modren' jut cultural markers like dancing, false machismo, and prancing around like a bander on speed. 

Nope assimilation will destroy us. It's not like our people will assimilate but keep their religous identity. 

18 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Nope assimilation will destroy us. It's not like our people will assimilate but keep their religous identity. 

It's just something all diaspora communities have to deal with and combat. Our lot projecting themselves as barn dancing clowns doesn't help. Our lot being focused on the shallow things we routinely focus on doesn't help. 

I don't know where you are, but I do see at least some ground level reflection and activities challenging the assimilation and establishment going on the england. Just think of the recent kicking out of the police from Gurdwaras here as an example.   A trend towards self assertion and reflection that can potentially grow. 

@Kau89r8 @dallysingh101 just look how many punjabis die every week in canada. Literally every other day there is some news like this. Just recently a girl killed in ubc then a  guy committed suicide another punjabi student fell from 50th floor of a building while doing construction and died and now this. Just within a span of few days. And these are the known cases.

@Premi5 @proactive

1 hour ago, proudkaur21 said:

@Kau89r8 @dallysingh101 just look how many punjabis die every week in canada. Literally every other day there is some news like this. Just recently a girl killed in ubc then a  guy committed suicide another punjabi student fell from 50th floor of a building while doing construction and died and now this. Just within a span of few days. And these are the known cases.

@Premi5 @proactive

I might have asked you before, but what do you think are behind the suicides and (from what you're saying) disproportionate deaths. A brother died here in London a few weeks ago on a building site, apparently something fell on him......

Another bibi died the other day because her car broke down on one of those smart motorways and van smashed into her. Waheguru. 

From how it seems over here, I always thought you lot had better social facilities and a better integrated community over there?

@proudkaur21 

Thats soo sad. Waheguru. Really had tough week and now seeing that news. Heartbreaking. 

8 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

From how it seems over here, I always thought you lot had better social facilities and a better integrated community over there?

i thought too but it seems its more of a show. Like you see Sikh successful in bc with huge houses farms, and then in politics but majority are in deprived conditions and doing all sorts of wrong things esp those students who need to make ends meet

12 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Another bibi died the other day because her car broke down on one of those smart motorways and van smashed into her. Waheguru. 

There a was young Singh few weeks ago aged 26/27 also died in a car crash too. Vaheguru Vaheguru