Ukraine-Russia crisis

5aaban

12 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If you recall that Putin mentioned about the "de-nazification ", I wonder what he has in store for them.

I watched a documentary of Soviet invasion of Berlin during WW2. The Nazis had checkpoints and snipers every where and the Soviets went in and took street by street. There was hand to hand combat, the Soviets were de-capitating Nazis with shovels. 

Putin sees it as an existential threat. 

He will be brutal with the neo-Nazis. 

However, apparently Chechen Muslim fighters have been brought in to take on the Neo - Nazis and the Neo-Nazis are dipping their bullets in pig fat in preparation. 

Lol. Sounds like a good way to foul your barrel. They'd have more psychological effect with cremation. 

21 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Do these 'players' matter? Would anyone have even heard of them had you not posted this?

But I do think some of our lot are in danger of jumping in if the fight continues, because they are simple and nontactical like that.  But more importantly many pendus seem easily manipulatable with propaganda (like children), as our history shows.   

Agree 100% about the propaganda and manipulation. It's like been said in this thread previously, some people love the 'theatre' /'drama' they see on the news. Talking with my parents, who are in their 60's and they are accepting the media narrative here in the UK without question.

You are right, those 'players' don't really matter in the grand scheme (but the channel is gaining popularity in the UK from what I hear on the 'grapevine'). I think they agree with what Simranjit Singh Maan said, and think that somehow they will gain allies by siding with Ukraine. It's very silly in my opinion

4 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Talking with my parents, who are in their 60's and they are accepting the media narrative here in the UK without question.

You should do an experiment. 

Tell your parents you agree with them, and that you're going to go and fight out there because of what the media narrative says. Just see how they react. lol! 

Let us know. 

Ukrainian peace negotiator is shot dead ahead of latest round of talks to end war - amid claims he was a Russian spy

• Ukraine's Defence Ministry said Denis Kireev, 45, killed during defence operation
  • The government called him a hero but MPs claim he was suspected of 'treason'
  • They said he was shot and killed by Ukraine security service as he resisted arrest
  • Mr Kireev was pictured on Ukraine side during negotiations with the Russians
  • He was not on the official list for the February 28 summit and his role is unclear 

Denis Kireev, 45, was shot and killed yesterday after he was reportedly suspected of spying on behalf of the Russians

Last month, he was pictured sat on the Ukrainian side of the negotiating table during a summit with Russia on February 28

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10582805/Ukrainian-peace-negotiator-shot-dead-amid-claims-Russian-spy.html

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

You should do an experiment. 

Tell your parents you agree with them, and that you're going to go and fight out there because of what the media narrative says. Just see how they react. lol! 

Let us know. 

Mum says 'pata nahi kahde vaste larde ne, tu kyun jaana?!'

She loves the drama part of the news. She likes her soap operas on TV

These boxers have 'balls' btw. Or does anyone cynically think the Klitschko brothers will be trying to further political ambitions ?

Alexander Usyk, Vasiliy Lomachenko boxing photo and news image

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/03/four-world-champions-at-war-usyk-the-klitschko-brothers-and-lomachenko/

5 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

These boxers have 'balls' btw. Or does anyone cynically think the Klitschko brothers will be trying to further political ambitions ?

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/03/four-world-champions-at-war-usyk-the-klitschko-brothers-and-lomachenko/

Bet that'll be a fight. 

19 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I think the west in general are desperate for a unifying narrative for their disintegrating world. Unfortunately for them, the Putin 'bogeyman' is genuinely scary and threating to them, not some tinpot, despot of a 'third world' country they can switch on and off as required.

Goray are very nervous. Plus as mainly Panjabis here, we aren't really aware of the traumatic existential effect of the world wars on europeans, especially those that were jostled around inbetween russia and the nazis through the second one. I know a lot of rape and murder took place, and the russians could be as brutal as the rest of them. 

I've also met a few pro Russian eastern europeans here in the UK over the years - especially from Moldova. I wonder what they are making of all this?