dancing

S1ngh

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plz dont' twist bani to make ur self look like a harder sikh!

Dancing is only wrong if as Ryu said, grinding, and dirty dancing takes place! whats wrong with folk dancing? or u know just busting a move?

Ppl who said u wont' C guru ji doing that! would you see guru ji on a forum? playing basketball? Going tot he movie theatres? watching TV? PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The only reason some say that dancing is wrong is to make STOOPID!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

If you want to get good exercise why not do gatka??!! No spiritual gain is achieved by dancing, so y waste ur time and energy doing it? Will dancing get u closer to God? Will it make u a better person? Will it help you break ur cylce of reincarnation??

I dont know, I guess its your own choice if you want to dance or not, but this is what Guru Ji says about dancing:

"...they dance and dance and jump all around, but they only suffer in terrible pain.

By dancing and jumping, devotional worship is not performed..."

"Jumping up and down like a monkey does not make the Lord happy"

"Nachan Tapan Man ka Chao"

"...O humble servant of the Lord, let your dancing be meditation on the Lord, Har, Har..."

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Will gatka get u closer to God? Will it make u a better person? Will it help you break ur cylce of reincarnation??

yes

Gatka will make you closer to vaheguru. Yes it will make you a better person. To the knowlegde that i know now, most of the gatka 'moves' are circular based motions, hence describing no begining and end in vaheguru. When exercising or perfoming gatka, vaheguru simran is recited to gain not just spiritual strength, but physical and mental. Spiritual energy over rules mental and physical energy, hence Naam simran being the key!

Gatka isnt just a martial art for defence, its a defence for you mind. This is just another technique to becoming closer to your beloved vaheguru.

buhl chuf mafi :e:

this discussion has come up so many times, and everytime it is disproven.

dancing is against gurmat, im so tired of writing about it. would bhai jeevan singh dance? how about baba jarnail singh?

guru sahib clearly tell us that dancing is a man ka chao, its a happiness of the mind, but not true enjoyment. yes we are here to have fun, but you are too blind to see that dancing in such manmat ways is not fun but painful to your soul.

heres a post from another thread 2 years ago or something (http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=ST&f=2&t=915):

wait wait wait..................................

so heres what i am getting from you guys....

bhangra/dancing = fun, lightheartedness, carefree etc

keertan/bhagti = responsibility, seriousness

WHAT?!?!

i see it totally opposite!! bhangra and dancing looks like utter nonsense to me, no offense, it looks like a bunch of people trying to be happy and indulging in the 5 evils.. all i see is pain!! but with bhagti, all i see is happiness, with keertan i see such carefree stuff.. i see people just messing around, having fun, thats what keertan is about... having fun, love, etc..

wow.. this is interesting...

this discussion has come up so many times, and everytime it is disproven.

dancing is against gurmat, im so tired of writing about it. would bhai jeevan singh dance? how about baba jarnail singh?

guru sahib clearly tell us that dancing is a man ka chao, its a happiness of the mind, but not true enjoyment. yes we are here to have fun, but you are too blind to see that dancing in such manmat ways is not fun but painful to your soul.

heres a post from another thread 2 years ago or something (http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=ST&f=2&t=915):

whatever dude, disproven by whom? What is Gurmat to you may not seem like Gurmat to others. My head starts bobbing by itself when I hear some awesome tabla or other tunes, you can't tell me this is painful to my soul, the only thing this tells me is my spirit (soul) is expressing appreciation for the music.

When I refer to dancing I mean a pure dance that comes naturally not what people see in clubs or for show.

yes Gatka will make you closer to vaheguru. Yes it will make you a better person. To the knowlegde that i know now, most of the gatka 'moves' are circular based motions, hence describing no begining and end in vaheguru. When exercising or perfoming gatka, vaheguru simran is recited to gain not just spiritual strength, but physical and mental. Spiritual energy over rules mental and physical energy, hence Naam simran being the key!

Gatka isnt just a martial art for defence, its a defence for you mind. This is just another technique to becoming closer to your beloved vaheguru.

buhl chuf mafi  :e:

A person can dance spiritually and make circular based motions, hence describing no beggining and end in Vahiguru. Vahiguru simran can also be repeated in dance, or workouts at the gym or other physical activities, there are no limits.

hmmm ...

interesting topic.. i dont wanna say too much to it. Without bringing gurbani into this, i simply think dancing is a waste of time where i think it as not a exercise, or jsut to have 'fun' .. but rather where ppl run into wrong intentions (if its set in a party setting..) ..

I would rather play some sports to get the exercise as some mentioned, but personally i would not dance.. <_<

hmmm ...

interesting topic.. i dont wanna say too much to it. Without bringing gurbani into this, i simply think dancing is a waste of time where i think it as not a exercise, or jsut to have 'fun' .. but rather where ppl run into wrong intentions (if its set in a party setting..) ..

I would rather play some sports to get the exercise as some mentioned, but personally i would not dance..  <_<

wacko.gif jk blush.gif

:e: ur personal opinion grin.gif

but sum ppl (for ex. my own personal opinion)

dancin w/ good intentions isnt wrong :TH:

partytime2.gif

and also for the party scenerio

if ne guy acts fresh wit u, simply tell them ur not interested ... kick.gif

rolleyes.gif^_^