Man'S Turban Stolen In Southampton Race Attack

Pyara

Also check out these pictures (regardless to what influence changed the dastaar style) what the fact is they fought against the Germans and their allies ferociously and I don't think Europe would have stood a chance without the help of Sikhs.

:khalsa: :strong: :khalsa2:

as singh sahib mentioned, dastar style makes no spiritual difference. Both are good its ur personal choice. the nok wali pagg cud also be tied in a way that it looks strong and no one can dare to touch it ( if you think dumala protects u from these things) and same way if you are wearing a dumala which is not tied properly, some one cud also remove it if you are not strong enough to stop some one who is trying it remove it from your head or something.

it is good to wear a pagg even better if u have proper dumala. but it doesnt make pagg bad or rubbish.

I really want to wear a beautiful dumala and show the world its beauty. but i wear a pagg, not really pointy but just the way its tied cuz i find it easy. I dnt knw how to wear a dumala. i personally do not like wearing a nok wali pagg and do not like the way sgpc made this certain style mandatory but if we think of standardization, it is not a bad idea. It looks like something official which is good. But about sgpc kirtan seva I think they should allow people with dumaley to do kirtan but only the people who always wear dumaley.

Whats the difference?

One is goal pug which was evolved in middle east mainly worn by afgan and other kings and other is tedi pug which was evolved in middle india. Rajputanas pahari kings all wore tedi pug.

Both the styles existed far before sikhism.

4694262410_8c8f2c1e6e.jpg

Afganis wearing goal pug

381974241_6c0773b030.jpg

Ahmad shah abdali with a farra and a bunga in his turban.

amarsinghrathore.gif

Maharaja amar singh of ajmer

3710411243-man-red-turban-india.jpg

Traditional middle indian turban

And style of turban should not matter anyones spirituality or fighting skill as we have mahapursh and shaheeds wearing both the styles of turbans.

Instead of finding of spirituality in what turban to wear what color to wear what clothes to wear what to eat what to drink size of kara size of kanga long or short kashera etc etc etc one should start reading bani.

In the end how much time you spend in naam simren bani seva will matter not which turban you wore.

This is an interesting contemporary image of Sikh soldiers in the Anglo-Sikh battle of Mudki. Here they are killing a captain of the 3rd Light Dragoons.

captain-codd.jpg

As we can see, Singhs dastars have come off by this point and even their kesh has become open. They are still carrying on with the battle though.

It is a good idea to always carry a bandana/romal in your pocket, so should you get into an altercation and loose your dastaar you can cover your kesh with the romal.

yea ur rite but when Guru Jee said "seva lakh se ek laro" im sure Guru Jee ment strength in numbers to be honest its our parents fault they want us to be lawyers or doctors but wats the point having millions if u gonna have you besti done infront of ur singhni or sons and daughters

sikh pride groups ? come on khalsa jeo this is not batman and robin

look at the video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5udZ5ed48iE

your telling me if that was a dUmmalla a few feet long that would come off so easy

i am sorry if i sound harsh

I don't think when Guru ji said sava lakh then it means strength in numbers.Even in Sikh history we have not seen One sikh defeating sava lakh .Anyway my point is That it is not the issue of Turban .One can even put alchohol or tobacco in Sikh Turban then what ? Sikh pride group or not again my point here is Sikhs have to settle score on Ground level and have to create fear in other communities so they don't mess with Sikhs.

I don't think when Guru ji said sava lakh then it means strength in numbers.Even in Sikh history we have not seen One sikh defeating sava lakh .Anyway my point is That it is not the issue of Turban .One can even put alchohol or tobacco in Sikh Turban then what ? Sikh pride group or not again my point here is Sikhs have to settle score on Ground level and have to create fear in other communities so they don't mess with Sikhs.

bruv u heard of sarcasm seva lakh means one singh fighting agaionst 120 000 dusht !!!!!!