Is Manmohan Singh a Sikh in disguise?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The picture is besides the point, as a politician, a states man, he has to do many things. And if the Pandit ji is of high avaasta then I would prob touch his feet 2.

Buttt Manmohan (not because of that pic) is not a sikh.... he stayed loyal to the congress throughout the attack on siri Harminder Sahib, and the dheli riots! Obviously this man has a lack of respect and faith for Sahib Siri GUru Granth Sahib ji as he is in "kahoots with the devil" per say.

The picture is besides the point, as a politician, a states man, he has to do many things. And if the Pandit ji is of high avaasta then I would prob touch his feet 2.

Buttt Manmohan (not because of that pic) is not a sikh.... he stayed loyal to the congress throughout the attack on siri Harminder Sahib, and the dheli riots! Obviously this man has a lack of respect and faith for Sahib Siri GUru Granth Sahib ji as he is in "kahoots with the devil" per say.

Guest SaintSoldier
i did show to someone this image who came back and said this was a fake. he said he checked the roots of this pic, and said it was edited in abode photoshop and was taken from an olympus camera.

Regardless of the fact its fake or not. He is in a bowing position to someone, unless in the original snap he was diving into a pool with his clothes on, thats a different story. I have no opinion on this topic, but this certainly isn't a fake to clear any doubt in Kandolas mind.

i went to indhira kuthi internation airport my <admin-profanity filter activated> got a rash..congress apologized did my rash go away?

99691[/snapback]

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA LOL.gifLOL.gif ...oye eh ki example hoya...

ok i think we are arguing on 2 different topics...so lets get clear on a few things

(1) rKr and mann kaum layee qurbaan veerjee and others who diss manmohan singh are not wrong, because i juz remembered this dude went to geneva and said "Sikhs are happy in india", and flushed aside all the human rights issues we had...so yes, as a leader, a politician, a representative of Sikhs, he probably aint all that good...

(2) the question about a Sikh respecting non-Sikh saints, well, without doubt, we should respect em all...coz all true saints have the same kind of love for God, whatever name they call Him...

ps: and mann veeray, i aint no gangstah, i only a goondaa (6) ...hor fer tera viaah kado aa Singha :e:

and mere pyaare kandola, oye thand rakh yaar...i know its summer but chill-chull kar leh Singha :nihungsmile:

also you havent answered my Q, where did you get this pic from?

99668[/snapback]

At the weekend someone questioned whether Sikhs knew enough about Manmohan Singh's background and how close he is to the Sikh faith and whether he was closer to the Hindu faith.

Someone came across the original photograph on the web from an event on 6 February 2003 in New Delhi. There are many other photos, including one of the Indian High Commissioner from the UK as well as Barry Gardiner MP (Brent) at the same event.

Khandola often accuses others of making false accusations, but he is the one who is at it and relying on undisclosed sources.

The web link will be sent in a future posting. A photo of a "Sikh" greeting the Swami is attached to show how you can show respect, but at the same time keep your own dignity, especially if you are a KHALSA.

However, the question remains if we really know enough about Manmohan Singh's background and how close he is to the Sikh faith and if in fact he is closer to the Hindu faith.

Was is a fact is that his two daughters who are married (Upinder and Daman) are married into Hindu families. The third daughter (Amrit) is unmarried and is studying in the US.

Sorry to keep you waiting, but this is an interesting discussion.

post-2951-1117001786_thumb.jpg

Jagtar Singh Jee

Thank you very much!

I think we all need not deny that we not only NEED to, but MUST respect not only our our Guru Saahiban's, but also, those of other faiths.

And Indeed I would... but bow my head down to? Only the one, Guru Granth Saahib Jee Maharaaj... yes, at that time I am also bowing down to the bani of bhagats from both the Hindu and Muslim faith - but hold on, My Guru Saahib has given my agiya to do so...

Secondly, yea, the issue is... do we know enough, and is this man doing enough for us Sikhs? Is he doing enough for the Sikhs in India? Is he aware that there ARE Sikhs in India? He's been seen visiting familes all over India... has he been to the home of a Dehli mother who's son was burnt alive before her very eyes?

HAs he been to the remote Pnajab pind, in which my father lives, waiting for his Son's return... perhaps only in a body bag?

Has he spoken about the Jaswant Singh Khalra case? What is he doing for the Sikhs? Pumping the money that you (Kandola veer) have mentioned before, is NOT enough.

If this kind of injustice continues, history will eclipse the narratives... and the atrocities the Sikhs has bore from day one will once again be forgotten... then when Mr Singh leaves his post as Prime Minister, a happy, rich man, who may have even commisioned more attacks on the Sikhs... we will once again be in this same position.

Perhaps just my fanatical ramblings... but what can I say... 21 years have passed since those fateful days in 1984 - TWENTY ONE YEARS! I don't know about you, but with every day and every year that goes by without justice, my mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters are re-living those atorcities again and again and again...

It's funny how the people who like to call anyone who tries to live their lives according to Gurmat and instantly denounced as Fanatics. I'm really not surprised at Akaal108, reading his views one would think that a Sikh can do anything and still remain a Sikh. The sakhi presented by him has no bearing on this issue. Sikhs did bow to the Gurus and this Narad Muni was bowing to the Guru. The most relevant Sakhi is the one about Guru Gobind Singh and how he tested the Khalsa by lowering an arrow in supposed reverence to the shrine of Dadu. The Khalsa remonstrated and fined the Guru for a breach of Rehat. The Guru was happy to pay the fine and praised the Khalsa for remaining true to the Rehat and passing the Guru's test. Had our friend Akaal108 been there he would no doubt have called the Khalsa as Fanatics and grumbled how this would not have in interfaith matters! To some people even Bhai Taru Singh would be Fanatic for giving his life for his Kesh.

Tolerance and respect for other faiths does not mean that we need to do things that a against Sikhi. If a non-Sikh comes to a Gurdwara we do not insist that they bow to the Guru Granth Sahib, if they wish to then it is up to them.

As for Manmohan Singh, the only thing that he has done and that only incidentally is that he is seen at most events such as the recent VE day ceremony in Moscow. Apart from that he is a failure. He has not released the nanavati commission report, imagine that a Sikh refusing to make public the report that will shed light on the murderers of his fellow Sikhs. But then Manmohan Singh is a politician, his aim to stay in power as long as possible and he knows that any attempt to give any concessions or even basic rights to Sikhs will see him ceremoniously dumped by his boss Sonia Gandhi. So in the end his saroop as a Sikh is just incidental and has no bearing on the way that he acts. If he was true to his saroop he would be more like Bhai Kaura Mal who during the Mughal rule was a governor and helped the Sikh jathas. Maybe we Sikhs as always are naive, there is no way that Sonia Gandhi would have allowed a Sikh to become prime minister without her telling him in no uncertain terms what is expected of him.

Whether it's Badal or Manmohan Singh, Sikh politicians have more love for their kursi than they have love for the Guru.