Beadbi Of Guru Ji - Wedding @ Thistle This Sunday

singh100

We deal with the public on a daily basis, and most of our work is done over the phone.

Professionalism is not harrassing the hotel and family members. It is not THREATENING to hold protests and demonstartions. It is not projecting an image of our sikh community as millitant activists.

Please do not teach me about being professional.

I think your organisation has to be very professional about the way you conduct yourselves. How about contacting the people who organise weddings? There are less indian wedding organisers that there are Gyanis and general sangat. By going through the right channels and speaking in a polite and sensible manner, we may all overcome this problem without ruinning planned functions that famillies have organised.

It is not widely known that the sikh community, now after many years, have objected to weddings taking place in venues other than the gurdwara. So it is important that the education is given to the people who advise young brides and their famillies.

Kanchans gaurantees that it will not assist or get involve with any weddings other than in the gurdwara, and we will also help to educate our clients.

I hope you will take on borad our suggestions as we have your.

Thank you.

Harpreet Baxi

Kanchans Group

Thank you for your commitment to not take part in beadbi.

It is not professional to hang up on people. Maybe you should consider learning about service standards from the Institute of Customer Service.

Firstly I am not part of any organisation but I stand shoulder to shoulder with all my brothers and sisters on this issue.

Holding peaceful protests is a right all of us enjoy. All protests against hotel weddings have been peaceful to date. In fact if anything the wedding guests have been the ones doing the threatening. The Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (amended 2000) gives the police the right to arrest and detain people committing criminal offences. I am glad to say that the police have never used their powers to arrest anyone at hotel beadbi protests.

It is not widely known that the sikh community, now after many years, have objected to weddings taking place in venues other than the gurdwara.

There is a well publicised edict from the Akal Takht on this issue which YOU and I as Sikhs must respect.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mr baxi..................im glad that you understand why Guru ji shudnt be allowed to such places, rather than doing it for the sake of keeping the peace. I cant thank you enuf.

There probably was some sikhs phoning up and being enoyin, but this thread did tell everyone who wud ring u , to be polite and respectful...........so apologies on their behalf. and it is true that people arent educated enuf thats wat leads to these problems, and its worryin how bad the situation is really............

but Well done to everyone

I think the Anand Karaj took place in the little hall at Barking Singh Sabha Gurdwara!

Now, anyone know who the Granthis were who were willing to take Maharaj's Saroop to the Tower Thistle? Need to make an example!!

Also Kanchans Catereres, i reckon they did a few weddings like this last year. Anyone able to comfirm this?

first of all i would like to say that the lava took place in Barking Gurdwara after much distress imature people from this group caused before the auspicious occasion. you people preach of beadbe of the Granth Sahib and talk of repect to Sikhi when you call up older sikh men who are the same age as your fathers and show disrespect with threats, vulgar language and immaturity. how then can u preach about sikhi?

u are all a bunch of hippocrites and deserve a slap for you parents as it was the younger boys who called and disprepected innocent families.

before fighting for the beadbe of the Granth sahib, stop serving pork and meat in Gurwaras, is that not beadbe? when people have trouble or distresss in their homes , they bring in the Granth Sahib, for paat, where meat was once served and alchohol given out, is this not beadbe? not to mention when giannis turn up to gurdwaras drunk and read our holy book, is this not beadbe? first sort out bigger issues like this rather than trying to throw authority around and make our religion into a cult. as for the rude, immature little boys who made unnecessary phonecalls, you are the ones making our religion a disgrace

first of all i would like to say that the lava took place in Barking Gurdwara after much distress imature people from this group caused before the auspicious occasion. you people preach of beadbe of the Granth Sahib and talk of repect to Sikhi when you call up older sikh men who are the same age as your fathers and show disrespect with threats, vulgar language and immaturity. how then can u preach about sikhi?

u are all a bunch of hippocrites and deserve a slap for you parents as it was the younger boys who called and disprepected innocent families.

before fighting for the beadbe of the Granth sahib, stop serving pork and meat in Gurwaras, is that not beadbe? when people have trouble or distresss in their homes , they bring in the Granth Sahib, for paat, where meat was once served and alchohol given out, is this not beadbe? not to mention when giannis turn up to gurdwaras drunk and read our holy book, is this not beadbe? first sort out bigger issues like this rather than trying to throw authority around and make our religion into a cult. as for the rude, immature little boys who made unnecessary phonecalls, you are the ones making our religion a disgrace

grin.gif There are other forums apart from this one. Did the people specifically mention they were active members of the SikhSangat forum ?

There was not one but many statements urging people to be polite. I agree those who used vulgar words deserve punishment. I would even say they need more than a slap, maybe a good beating. I also say those people who facilitate and turn a blind eye to beadbi need a good slap.

Reena, good to see you are so concerned about beadbi and meat. Why dont you take a step in the right direction and help prevent this ? Also be aware that meat is not a big taboo subject, a 1980 Akal Takht Hukumnama makes the position over meat very clear.

At the peaceful protests at a few hotel weddings last year the only vulgar language was coming from the wedding guests. I hope the crude behaviour of those wedding guests also concerned you.

post-2624-1146747961_thumb.jpg

I am so glad that the sggs was not taken to the hotel. d_oh.gif

I am so glad that there is enough people out who care enough about it to do something about it. d_oh.gif

To rina last year on other sites there were people who said that they will do a wedding where ever they want and hell with everyone even willing to fight for the right to do so……some even were willing to call the NF to sort these Sikhs who were going to protest.

Not only were the boys ready to have a good ruck but I read from girls how dare anybody try to spoil my wedding just let them try.. :lol: @

Missing the whole point the sggs is not just a book that can be taken any place by any one..

I read that a giani had the sggs in a suitcase on the floor in his car to take to a hotel… :@ @

So your comment’s, are true but, yes we should do something about etc etc..

Answer is we are. We are starting here..

Maybe with everyone’s help we will start to respect our religion better and conduct ourselves better………. pray.gif

A parting shot….

People hear these bad horrible horrendous stories of these really bad Sikhs that will go to any lengths to protect their sggr……..yet they go and book a wedding at a hotel none the less, expecting what?.....

if the SGGS is not supposed to be jus taken anywhere why is it then bought into peoples houses? u dont know what goes on in each and every house it is taken to. also if u have a point of the granth sahib taken to hotels why was it not bought out a long time ago when people first started taking it into hotels. you say u are starting to make a difference but ur starting in the wrong place. i know how it was handled because it was in my family, and believe me it was not in a polite and diplomatic way.

i am a sikh, i go to the gurdwara regularly and i have full repect for my Gurus and holy book, however the way in which people went about 'saving the guru granth sahib' angered me, it didnt feel as if they were trying to protect a big part of sikhi, instead it felt like a silly gang trying to throw thier weight around. maybe if people considered a way in which to talk and make the point understood in a calm way, you would not have fellow sikhs opposing to the point you are trying to make, and believe me there are many.

i am a sikh, i go to the gurdwara regularly and i have full repect for my Gurus and holy book, however the way in which people went about 'saving the guru granth sahib' angered me,

^^

going to the gurdwara doesnt make u a sikh?.......NEVER refer to guru granth sahib ji as a HOLY BOOk or refer to deen duynia di malak as granth sahib. You cant even get your terming right yet you talk about respect.

Lets not even get into the whole "i love my gurus and i am clean from the heart bla bla bla" im sorry, it wont wash with the sikhs on this board as they knw what true pyaar for guru granth sahib is.