Girl 18 Y/o Converts To Islam - Bbc News Story

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Established people need to understand that current attempts to draw in youth are generally pathetic and ineffectual.

We need thinking outside of the box - which these people seem incapable of

I just want to ask one question to everyone if she converted what did she do wrong?

she has been given freedom of choice not by us but from God. If she converted the shame is on us that we have failed to educate people within our own religion.

Sometimes we carry on like these extremists with our comments it is a private issue for that girl and her family. If we as people are failing others within sikhi then we need to address this issue. I can understand that these extremists target vulnerable people but it is on us to welcome these people into our fold to educate them show them what our religion is all about.

Why do dera exist? why to people set up Gurdwara for different castes? These are weekness we create when was the last time a person from a low caste back ground was head of the Akhal Thakat. When did a lower caste member become head of a leading sikh jatha.

The weakness my brothers and sister are within us. How do we combat this? how do we stop this from happening in the future.

I agree these other groups are to blame too and action needs to be taken and I am sure it will.

FATEH

People don't just convert to Islam without there being a whole team of Muslims working in the background. The shock of the family is understandable because she just seems to have just disappeared. Muslims are good at working on people for a long time so it's possible she was worked on by Muslims either through a female Muslims friend whose main role is always to cast doubt on the girl's religion. The Muslim female friend will start off by discussing religion and come up with their usual bukwas about Islam. Islam is a religion of peace, possibly introduce bukwas about how the koran tallies with science, even the koorh of Neil Armstrong converting to Islam after his supposedly hearing the azan on the moon!! These people work in groups after casting doubt on Sikhi they will invite the girl to their Islam awareness events. They will tell her that she should keep the fact that she has Muslim friends from her parents. They will try and involve her in something which they can then use to blackmail her in case she is able to fight off the conversion attempt. They will then introduce her either in person or usually on the phone or msn to some female who will claim she was also a Sikh and converted in order to give the victim a sister figure and to introduce her to the idea that some other Sikh females have also converted. The role of the guy in the mosque is central to the conversion because they will try and introduce the victim to a surrogate family who will be all loving towards her. They will home in on any problem the victim has with her family. It's funny how the mosque family are trying to appear as the victims and saying they are planning to leave the country. Good riddence I say, if you and your family are members of blackmailing Islamic cult then you deserve all you

get.

Good post, agree with some points about the missionary tactics. The below is more information about daw'ah, please bear in mind that some Muslims may use more manipulative tactics when conferring daw'ah

Purposes of dawah

From an Islamic standpoint, the purpose of dawah is to "invite" people to the worship of Allah as expressed in Tawheed as well as to inform them about their belief about Muhammad who Muslims believe is the last Prophet and Messenger. By doing so, Muslims hope to guide people to the religion of Islam. However, Muslims believe that if people come to Islam the decision is ultimately between them and their Creator.

Another purpose of dawah is to strengthen the Muslim community, or Ummah. For Muslims, it is the encouragement to be more observant of Allah and to increase the level of piety. That applies whether the person is just at the edge of Islam (applying very little of it) or someone who is already practicing well but wants to reach higher levels. For the non-Muslim, it is explaining Islam by a congruent person, through acts, discussions, and dialogue in the best manner possible.

The Sahih Muslim Hadith [1] indicates that a Da'wa is the first of three "courses of action" to be undertaken in attempting to avoid war with polytheistic enemies.

[edit] Approaches to dawah

Dawah, from the Islamic perspective, is an open and general act of informing others about the message of Islam by carrying it, living it, and making it available to others through all positive and engaging means. It is not the mere act of telling someone about Islam, although dialogue, discussion, presentations, etc. are a part of dawah. It is the steady engagement of living the message, exemplifying the behaviors and providing answers and material when necessary.

As a general principle, most Muslims agree that successful dawah includes knowledge of Islam, manners, and sincerity and intention in action. Many callers to Islam, such as imams, undergo dawah training to build their foundation on various aspects of the Islamic faith.

"Whereas in liberal society religious authority is generally understood to impose undue constraints on free and open discussion and is thus unwelcome within the secular public sphere, here it provides the foundation upon which opposing viewpoints are articulated." (ibid, p.195)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawah

The biggest threat to freedom in this modern age is the rise of extreme Islam.

Muslims are intent on converting the non-believers.

Just look at what is happening with our girls here.

Yet we have so called Khalistanis alligning themselves with these Muslims while our sisters are going to bed with them.

Makes me mad.

From Jagjit Singh http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.php?f=1...85&t=117185

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Pyare jio, personally, I do think this is systematic of our own thinking. We think by teaching our kids keertan, that it will make them solid gursikhs. The reality is often that keertan is a fad for them, unless they progress into understanding of bani. Similarly, we think as long as they are wearing bana, they are good. Again this is also a fad.

I believe that we need to engage youth in discussion to make them understand how Gurbani relates to their everyday life. Until they do not understand this, and cannot relate it to themselves, they are open to people from islam coming and doing the same with islam. For muslims, talking is their religion. They do not keertan, and abyass is only done by Sufis. Everyday they talk about islam, and overtime they become articulate in it, which is something that our kids are not. They know how to sow the seeds of doubt.

This is why need to get out of the mentality that just because we see dumallas on our kids and they do keertan, that they will be fine and chardi kala. The reality is that they are good, but we still need to do Gurmat vechaar and allow them to relate Gurbani to their everyday life.

During the 80s many amritdahri parents had similar misconceptions, but during the 90`s their kids fizzled away. This is because they had sikhi only in bana or peer groups. Only when sikhi is inside do people stay for life.

This is why we need to engage our youth more with veechar in set ups like an academy at gurdwaras, or something.else. We should not just assume our kids are going to be fine by learning keertan, going to the odd rainsbhai/camp,etc.

Ultimately sikhs do not talk enough about sikhism to them peers and kids. Only with regular discussion will our youth know how to respond articulately when others try and sow seeds of doubt in their minds.

In relation to the bibi case. One thing I do not understand is how the parents are being kept from meeting their daughter? Plus is there any actual confirmation that she is amritdhari?

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh

Gurfateh..

My benti:

1) STOP SPECULATING about things you do not know

2) If you knew the facts you would realise this is not a simple conversion case

3) IF ANYONE WANTS TO HELP IN ANY WAY... do ardaas in the charan of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj, and pray that the mare karam that have surfaced be arased from her lekh

4) Gupt singhnee: you do not know the bibi involved, instead of taking the attidude "i dont care" do ardaas for her, and hope that Maharaj brings her back. You also stated that you would die before you converted to another religion. I apologise to inform you that NOTHING is in your hands, one minute we may think we are the most chardi kala gursikhs, that maharaj is the centre of our lives, and the next we may also have to deal with mare karam from our pishle lekh... we have no control over anything. I assure you this girl would never have dreamt of converting, but in the face of Akaal Purakhs hukam anything can happen, we are NOTHING, WORTHLESS MOORAKHS who should do desperate ardaasa to Maharaj to never let us go.

So it is my heartfelty benti to EVERYONE here to do ardaas and Bani for this bibi (IF you wnt to help) and equally for ourselves that maharaj also cut our own mare karam and keep us attached to his CHARAN..

Gurfateh Jee

If anything tghis event should make you more determined to do parcahaar. look at the jehovahs witnes, they knock on everyone door talking about Jesus. We find it hard to talk about Sikhi even in the gurdwara.

In the Koran Majid it says that "once you have discovered the truth, do not keep it to yourself,but let others know so they can know the truth as well" .

Now if we look on Sikhi as the truth, we should be doing a lot more parchaar than we currently do. Once I saw a lealfet stall set up in my town centre giving out free leaflets on Islam, and a big banner saying " Come to Islam".

Outside every church you wil see a slogan about Jesus on a board by the entrance. Have any gurdwaras got any?

Why cant we have the same atttiutude?

chatanga