To Every Uni Student

rimmel

forget guys sikh women go to clubs too what about them???

I have still to meet an amrtidhari sikh women in a club. I haven't met a single one of them BUT amritdhari men I have met LOADS.

I don't even think they know what they are doing. I can kinda understand non amritdhari cos they don't know anything about sikhi but surely once you've taken Amrit you have better sense. That's why I am so saddened cos these people are the future of our panth and they are the ones who tell other people to go clubbing.....people who are vulnerable, people who don't have the giaan but they themselves are so brainwashed by media and hype that they cannot see beyond that.

please do not generalize people... u don't know how much or how little a person knows about sikhi...

In this world you gots to generalise........its not a bad thing.

I see a gora and I know I am not gonna talk in Punjabi to him purely because gorey don't know Punjabi.......and so its through this generalisation that when I see a gora person I talk in English to them. EVEN YOU DO THIS otherwise hoe do you know when to use punjabi or english??????

Likewise the general concensus is that if your amritdhari you have better gian on sikhi than the non amritdhari....I haven't taken amrit and I see no offence in this statement cos I expect those who take Amrit to be better than me and have better understanding.

Aight i Know i aint the most religeous person in the world...but i KNOW about my sikhi. And the MAIN reason why sikhi was formed was to see everyone as equal and appreciate everyones individuality, correct? Now you generalising IS a bad thing...you throwing around all this anti sikhi stuff that only god knows the answer to isn't looking good on ur part. You're trying to speak for god and tell us what is right and wrong, where YOU have clearly said somthing "anti-sikhi" by generalising people.STOP

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woooooooooot? i thread that gone six pages and i aint replied??????????? :D :) :D

okay heres goes............

i used to work in a bar when i was 16 as a glass collector..............money was tight and i was at college...........the atomsphere can only effect u if u let.......(which i did blush.gif ).......ppl say uts good, ppl say its bad i remeber one night there was this "non-keshdhari" "sikh" (i knew this by the MASSIVE KHANDA necklace around his neck ....... rolleyes.gif ) he spend the entire night drinking himself into a stupour and chasing me about the place................i was shocked to see him the next day in town as he was the optician in one of the stores................

my point here is................never judge someone by external appearence...............and also who are we to say whether clubbing is right or wrong.................

ive sed it before and ill say it again its all about INTENT.....................wot do you think u will obtian by doing it?

A sikh we love whoever come in front of us....................we shoud always strive to see the positives of ppl and do anything we can to help them

my persective isnt to question whether clubbing is right or wrong.............thats between us and waheguru...........but a question has to be asked "WHY? does a person want to go clubbing? are there any problems are issues that this person is going through that they need to esacpe from?" if there are then we shoudl do our best to help these ppl face their problems and if they do for the sheer hell of it then Nanak Naam Chardi Kalah Tehreh Bhaneh Sarbat Ka Palah wink2.gif

The above paragraph is simply based on exerience seen and personal..............and by no means acts as a holy grail.............me a selfish, pathetic manmukh and plz forgive my shortcomings

waheguru je ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

it wud be diff if she said 'most'... but the comment that was made generalized all non-amritdharee's into one category of 'not knowing anything about sikhi'... thats why i raised my concern... when u categorize all of one kinda people into a category w/out knowing them or knowing what they kno, its called judging (judging a book by its cover -- i.e. supposedly assuming a mona knows nothin of sikhi)

and yeh.. i guess i was wrong for makin the ego comment... because God knows my ego was in full fledge when i made that comment :D ... so i apologize to sitargirl..

sitargirl penji thank you for comments, sangath ji she has made some very valid points

Heera take it easy somtimes when trying to put the point across it comes out abit wrong now lets try to stay on topic

I feel by you going against penji gives every1 else the boost to think thats it ok, thats how we go wrong in the panth becuase half the time we end up fighting amongs ourselves when the views are all the same.

woooooooooot? i thread that gone six pages and i aint replied??????????? :) :D :D

okay heres goes............

i used to work in a bar when i was 16 as a glass collector..............money was tight and i was at college...........the atomsphere can only effect u if u let.......(which i did blush.gif ).......ppl say uts good, ppl say its bad i remeber one night there was this "non-keshdhari" "sikh" (i knew this by the MASSIVE KHANDA necklace around his neck ....... rolleyes.gif ) he spend the entire night drinking himself into a stupour and chasing me about the place................i was shocked to see him the next day in town as he was the optician in one of the stores................

my point here is................never judge someone by external appearence...............and also who are we to say whether clubbing is right or wrong.................

ive sed it before and ill say it again its all about INTENT.....................wot do you think u will obtian by doing it?

A sikh we love whoever come in front of us....................we shoud always strive to see the positives of ppl and do anything we can to help them

my persective isnt to question whether clubbing is right or wrong.............thats between us and waheguru...........but a question has to be asked "WHY? does a person want to go clubbing? are there any problems are issues that this person is going through that they need to esacpe from?" if there are then we shoudl do our best to help these ppl face their problems and if they do for the sheer hell of it then Nanak Naam Chardi Kalah Tehreh Bhaneh Sarbat Ka Palah wink2.gif

The above paragraph is simply based on exerience seen and personal..............and by no means acts as a holy grail.............me a selfish, pathetic manmukh and plz forgive my shortcomings

waheguru je ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

ur correct its all about intention i.e. you COULD go to a bar just to drink orange juice but most people intentions are usually anti sikh anyway these places were created so that people go and do random stuff.............ok maybe one or two people at a club maybe there to have clean fun BUT what about the rest.........at the end of the day this world is built on generalisations and quick judgements.........so if YOU want to go to a club no matter HOW pure your intentions are prepare to be judged........because thats what people do...............because simply people go to clubs to do random stuff as other people have stated above and to say your spreading sikhi its just weird...........the only thing thats probably being spread around in clubs are STDs :D

does anybody on here know how to read??? wow... i's amazing how people jus can simply not kno wha i've said, even after i've posted it maybe 4 or 5 times..

what is so hard to understand when someone says 'DON'T JUDGE'?? is it the 'don't' part or the 'judge' part?? now i kno my tone is comin off as a lil negative, n tha's because i'm irritated at the fact that nobody has addressed my POINT... for some reason some people on here think i's okay to judge others...

malkeet said:

heera veer i think you are overreacting a bit. I think it is fair to categorize people as amritdhari or non amritdhari.

since when did i say netin bout categorizing as amritdharee and non-amritdharee? i said do not JUDGE a person because they might be non-amritdharee...

i said that because sitargirl said this:

I can kinda understand non amritdhari cos they don't know anything about sikhi

as per morakhs reply.. i dun even kno what to make of it... i don't think it makes any sense whatsoever...

morakh wrote:

sitargirl penji thank you for comments, sangath ji she has made some very valid points

Heera take it easy somtimes when trying to put the point across it comes out abit wrong now lets try to stay on topic

I feel by you going against penji gives every1 else the boost to think thats it ok, thats how we go wrong in the panth becuase half the time we end up fighting amongs ourselves when the views are all the same.

umm.. come again? i'm not going 'against' bhenji... i pointed out one small comment she made and said 'please don't judge people'.. thats it... where am i going off topic? where am i givin everyone esle the boost to think that its okay to go clubbin? i haven't said netin in regards to her other comments...

please people.. before u start commentin on other peoples posts, please READ them properly... then maybe we can have some constructive discussions...

does anybody on here know how to read??? wow... i's amazing how people jus can simply not kno wha i've said, even after i've posted it maybe 4 or 5 times..

what is so hard to understand when someone says 'DON'T JUDGE'?? is it the 'don't' part or the 'judge' part?? now i kno my tone is comin off as a lil negative, n tha's because i'm irritated at the fact that nobody has addressed my POINT... for some reason some people on here think i's okay to judge others...

malkeet said:

heera veer i think you are overreacting a bit. I think it is fair to categorize people as amritdhari or non amritdhari.

since when did i say netin bout categorizing as amritdharee and non-amritdharee? i said do not JUDGE a person because they might be non-amritdharee...

i said that because sitargirl said this:

I can kinda understand non amritdhari cos they don't know anything about sikhi

as per morakhs reply.. i dun even kno what to make of it... i don't think it makes any sense whatsoever...

morakh wrote:

umm.. come again? i'm not going 'against' bhenji... i pointed out one small comment she made and said 'please don't judge people'.. thats it... where am i going off topic? where am i givin everyone esle the boost to think that its okay to go clubbin? i haven't said netin in regards to her other comments...

please people.. before u start commentin on other peoples posts, please READ them properly... then maybe we can have some constructive discussions...

The small comment you said has been all ive been reading, it just seems like its such a small thing but your getting all negative and angry about the situation. By seeing ur long reply which you stated was a small comments seems that your going off the topic at hand

sorry

of course i have ego problems.. n i admit it... happy?

You seriously don't like me... :D

my comments on clubbing were posted earlier.. u can go back n check...

All you said was hmm some valid points.......that hardly states your stance?

yes it is more shockin to see Amritdharee's at clubs... thats not the point i brought up with you... the only thing i said in relation to your post was that u cannot judge people.. thats it.. full stop... and yet ur defending urself basically sayin 'yes i can judge'...

OMG ure really pedantic.......I told you that I GENERALISED. GO TO A FLIPPEN DICTIONARY AND LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JUDGING AND GENERALISATION.

Also I don't know your level of Education but I told you my comment had nothing wrong with it cos I can PROVE it through a statistical test using P VALUES.....

Also IF YOU spend time reading reports then you will realise that our society is built on generalisations. Such as education reports which say indian people are better at education and black people the worst. Here's a news article from the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6223968.stm

Please eat your heart out about how they comment on people.

IN case you did not manage to look up JUDGING IN A DICTIONARY THEN let me explain it to you. It has no bad meaning UNTIL you discriminate by your judgement. I JUDGE distances, prognosis in my life. Recently I was working with a mental patient and I had to judge when they were going to LOSE IT and hit me.....

I have not discriminated against anyone in the past and neither will I in the present however I will ask why people who have taken AMRIT ABOUT WHY THEY GO CLUBBING. SO FAR IT MAKES NO SENSE.

ALL THAT YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO COME BACK WITH IS HOW I AM A BAD PERSON FOR ASKING THIS QUESTION? Loooooooool GROW UP AND DEFEND YOURSELF PROPERLY rathen THAN USING PERSONAL TACTICS.

take that as a "NO" then? :)blink.gif